Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2022, 10:34 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,090,907 times

Advertisements

I saw these two video clips and I am wondering; how long before we press the self destroy button or has it already been pushed?

Is there a way of getting back from here or we are totally doomed by the politics?

https://streamable.com/07lkrk

<div style="width:100%;height:0px;position:relative;pad ding-bottom:178.218%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/07lkrk" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width:100%;height:100%;position:absolute;le ft:0px;top:0px;overflow:hidden;"></iframe></div>

https://streamable.com/00h445
<div style="width:100%;height:0px;position:relative;pad ding-bottom:56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/00h445" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width:100%;height:100%;position:absolute;le ft:0px;top:0px;overflow:hidden;"></iframe></div>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2022, 10:37 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,528,541 times
I need to know a little more about those links before I click on them.

Old 06-09-2022, 10:50 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,982,736 times
I had a hard time understanding the first kid, but it's clear he wants to grow up to be a murderer and kill everyone but his family. Looks to be maybe a 2nd grader, giggles through the interview.
So there's that.

The second video follows a 13 year old (obviously 13, he doesn't look like an adult) trying to buy alcohol, cigarettes, racy magazines and lottery tickets but he's turned away. Then he goes into a gun shop and within minutes he's able to legally purchase a rifle and walk out.

Old 06-09-2022, 12:47 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,245,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I had a hard time understanding the first kid, but it's clear he wants to grow up to be a murderer and kill everyone but his family. Looks to be maybe a 2nd grader, giggles through the interview.
So there's that.

The second video follows a 13 year old (obviously 13, he doesn't look like an adult) trying to buy alcohol, cigarettes, racy magazines and lottery tickets but he's turned away. Then he goes into a gun shop and within minutes he's able to legally purchase a rifle and walk out.

I find it hard to believe that a 13 year old kid could buy a rifle at a gun shop without showing any kind of ID. In my state we have to show a drivers license and a ID that shows we are legally allowed to buy a gun.

I'd say that video was faked.

To answer the OP's question it sure seems like the Democrats are set on turning a whole generation into needy but confused adults that never take personal responsibility for anything but they will be easily swayed, convinced and corrupted into believing that Big Government is the answer. Everything else is Racist.

Old 06-09-2022, 12:51 PM

43,128 posts, read 18,290,317 times
K-12 promotes progressive thought and action.
That's in-between convincing them they can be any gender they want.
Do you not see this now that they are "of age" and leading the headlines with murder/attempted murder ?

Old 06-09-2022, 12:54 PM

29,503 posts, read 14,663,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
So there's that.

If this was a legal FFL, I call BS on that video.

Old 06-09-2022, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
I saw these two video clips and I am wondering; how long before we press the self destroy button or has it already been pushed?

Is there a way of getting back from here or we are totally doomed by the politics?

https://streamable.com/07lkrk

<div style="width:100%;height:0px;position:relative;pad ding-bottom:178.218%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/07lkrk" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width:100%;height:100%;position:absolute;le ft:0px;top:0px;overflow:hidden;"></iframe></div>

https://streamable.com/00h445
<div style="width:100%;height:0px;position:relative;pad ding-bottom:56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/00h445" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width:100%;height:100%;position:absolute;le ft:0px;top:0px;overflow:hidden;"></iframe></div>
This is from another thread, but I think it is definitely one of the many reasons we are seeing the decline of morality in our society.

From another poster :
The underlined above is why we are, where we are. It's the removal of God and truth from the mainstream. Nobody wants to talk about it. Anytime someone even mentions the word "Bible", people get apoplectic about beating people over the head with the Bible, and forcing religion. Meanwhile - the culture is willing to be beat over the head and force fed this rotgut of relative truth to the point where a man and woman can't be defined

My addition to it.
As much as I despise religion, I believe you are right. To me, religion was something created as a means of control at a time when the world was barbaric. It was used to try and bring some sort of sanity to the world, unfortunately it used barbaric methods to do it.

In modern times it was used to teach people self respect, to respect others, and lead an ethical, and moral life. For the most part it worked, there were some failures, like the whole hating gay people thing for an example.
Now that religion has been basically kicked to the curb, nothing has replaced it. In addiction with the way society have evolved, parents aren't around to be parents to teach their kids to have self respect, to respect others, and lead an ethical, and moral life. And add to that, people living with their own made up realities. It brings us to where we are now. I completely agree with you. Society has morally declined, people don't treat others with respect, many have no self respect for themselves, and narcissism has gone rampant. I don't see how we can turn this around. I definitely don't want a Gilead (Handmaid's Tale) type of society, but something as to change.

Old 06-09-2022, 01:08 PM

43,128 posts, read 18,290,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
This is from another thread, but I think it is definitely one of the many reasons we are seeing the decline of morality in our society.

From another poster :
The underlined above is why we are, where we are. It's the removal of God and truth from the mainstream. Nobody wants to talk about it. Anytime someone even mentions the word "Bible", people get apoplectic about beating people over the head with the Bible, and forcing religion. Meanwhile - the culture is willing to be beat over the head and force fed this rotgut of relative truth to the point where a man and woman can't be defined

My addition to it.
As much as I despise religion, I believe you are right. To me, religion was something created as a means of control at a time when the world was barbaric. It was used to try and bring some sort of sanity to the world, unfortunately it used barbaric methods to do it.

In modern times it was used to teach people self respect, to respect others, and lead an ethical, and moral life. For the most part it worked, there were some failures, like the whole hating gay people thing for an example.
Now that religion has been basically kicked to the curb, nothing has replaced it. In addiction with the way society have evolved, parents aren't around to be parents to teach their kids to have self respect, to respect others, and lead an ethical, and moral life. And add to that, people living with their own made up realities. It brings us to where we are now. I completely agree with you. Society has morally declined, people don't treat others with respect, many have no self respect for themselves, and narcissism has gone rampant. I don't see how we can turn this around. I definitely don't want a Gilead (Handmaid's Tale) type of society, but something as to change.
Religion has been replaced with whatever is going on in K-12 regarding social indoctrination/brainwashing.
Yes, I use those harsh words because that is what is happening.

The schools have taken the place of religion. And many parents are apathetic to what is going on.
Notice it's the youth/young adults that are in the headlines with their violent actions "because something has to be done".

Old 06-09-2022, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Religion has been replaced with whatever is going on in K-12 regarding social indoctrination/brainwashing.
Yes, I use those harsh words because that is what is happening.

The schools have taken the place of religion. And many parents are apathetic to what is going on.
Notice it's the youth/young adults that are in the headlines with their violent actions "because something has to be done".
I completely agree.

Old 06-09-2022, 01:12 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,109,199 times
Home School. Safer, hopeful and fun....socialize in parks.

We are at the taking back our lives part. Step up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies