Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2022, 06:12 AM

33,412 posts, read 12,707,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I was in agreement until liberals chose to get into the business of dictating all citizens vaccine mandates.

Now I fully support making abortion illegal and having the many decide the business of a few.

When republicans are elected I will push for legislation outlawing jobs for those who are fat or sickly. Until they stop eating.
'Punish liberals' because you don't like an unrelated action.

Weird.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2022, 06:18 AM

33,412 posts, read 12,707,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Is it your position that a fetus is A) a non-person throughout the entirety of gestation, B) becomes a person after a certain length of time following conception or C) becomes a person following some biological milestone?
Nothing is going to change your mind.

And as has been mentioned, the sides on this issue are entrenched.

All that matters is what the law is, and hopefully there won't be many more state/local laws that get in the way of a woman's decision.

Old 06-14-2022, 06:18 AM

27,779 posts, read 28,891,688 times
The way I see it is that abortion definitely is the killing of a fetus.

But if the parents did not want that fetus, then was its life worth living in the first place?

This is why it is tough for me to come down on one side or the other of this issue.

Old 06-14-2022, 06:57 AM

36,832 posts, read 31,119,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Ever since the Supreme Court leak, polls haven't changed. It hasn't hurt the Republicans nor helped the Democrats. Do most people in the US not care one way or the other? Especially because it doesn't affect them. Or maybe some DO care, but it won't be enough to change their voting one way or the other?
It does not directly affect me but I do care. I am not a one issue voter and in most cases would not change my vote based just on a politicians view on abortion.

Old 06-14-2022, 07:00 AM

20,134 posts, read 16,251,346 times
Quote:
Ever since the Supreme Court leak, polls haven't changed. It hasn't hurt the Republicans nor helped the Democrats. Do most people in the US not care one way or the other? Especially because it doesn't affect them. Or maybe some DO care, but it won't be enough to change their voting one way or the other?
Or maybe they figure their state is going to keep the status quo.

Old 06-14-2022, 07:01 AM

36,832 posts, read 31,119,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I've never considered the issue very much in my life honestly. I always figured it was something that was done, settled and over with as far as the debate was concerned. Apparently, things may be changing. We'll see.

Does the health of an unborn baby matter not??? The issue many conservatives have is they believe life begins sometimes before the baby is born. People have a tendency to not approve of murder. You describe it as a women's health issue, but that's not the way everyone sees it.
If they believed that then they would pass legislation giving a fetus personhood status with all the rights and protections afforded a person. How can you murder something that is not a person?

Old 06-14-2022, 07:02 AM

4,552 posts, read 4,087,543 times
Most americans don't know the extent of it. However it's hard to guess what most americans are anymore. You judging it based off of election results? Or what the media portrays?

Old 06-14-2022, 07:07 AM

899 posts, read 546,619 times
Most Americans want some abortion but most Americans also want restrictions on abortion. Roe versus Wade was a winner take all decision which gave the US among the most liberal abortion rights in the world. Most pro rights people don't realize that European and other western nations all restrict abortion too.

And for most people abortion is not a priority issue. I suspect most people know the likely short term outcome is severe restrictions in many states but full access in other states, so someone in a restricted state will just travel to California for an abortion. And life goes on.

Old 06-14-2022, 07:09 AM

3,812 posts, read 4,723,360 times
I think this is a parallel in this country to how less people go to church & consider themselves religious. As that % of Americans has declined the % that are pro choice has risen.

Americans don't really grasp what abortion really is. You're literally killing an unborn child. There is no gray area about it. You can tell yourself that to help you get over it but it doesn't change what it is.

People do whatever they can to justify it too. Trying to act like rape & incest or the mothers life at risk as being reasons to keep it around yet those are small % of the # of abortions that happen & many pro life people actually are okay with those reasons.

What I don't understand is how anybody that considers themselves a Christian being pro choice. A Christian is supposed to live their life like Jesus would & I can guarantee you Jesus would be pro life. So to all you Christians that just don't grasp that let me give you one big tip. One day you're going to see God and that whole BS saying "my body my choice" probably is not going to sit to well with God if you tell him that's why you were pro choice.

Old 06-14-2022, 07:12 AM

14,267 posts, read 7,009,293 times
Quote:
There's already super restrictive laws in places like Texas and Oklahoma (near total ban) and that hasn't affected anything.
I think people are waiting for the Supreme Court decision. Depending on how that goes will determine if anything can or should be done about the TX and OK laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies