Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2022, 02:45 AM

3,255 posts, read 1,737,880 times

Advertisements

Well with Roe VS Wade now being overturned, I guess time to actually foster more enthusiasm for myself on the behalf of the interest of youth rights

Civil rights, lgbt, feminism, I legit think is time CHILDREN teens and young adults have more of not only a voice in politics, but social issues in general

And not only that, 16-17 year olds are still paying taxes without being able to vote, no dire outrage on that?

What about all the child labour going by Fortune 500 companies? No? That ain't enough to convince you of a need for youth activism?

Medical autonomy(yes that includes abortion and condoms and birth control and whatnot)

What about the fact that minors can literally be stripped of shelter against their will? No that ain't convincing enough? Right to shelter?

Ok what about the fact youth suicide rates just skyrocketed during the pandemic?

You get the point that I am bringing up here, youth are the future, so either invest into us(early 20s) or expect for civilizational collapse

I know neither side really cares about children, the fact that people are willing to disown their children over a difference in political opinions is insane to me and proves my point, youth aren't even allowed to have their very own political opinions without coming off as "radicalized" and both the right and left perpetuate this guilt tripping crap all the time

I remember back in Christmas 2019 donating $1 and 10 cents to a child abuse prevention charity, but I really don't know what's reputable and what isn't

Thanks

And btw, I am indifferent about abortion, not necessarily pro-choice nor strictly pro-life, I treat it as an individualized issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2022, 03:01 AM

And I hate the arguement of "you well grow old anyway, what's the point of fighting for youth causes?"

So youth are not entitled to a secure and comfortable spot in society?

Old 06-26-2022, 03:42 AM

One thing for sure, get more youtu into politics, the elderly have been running the political scene since forever

Old 06-26-2022, 05:39 PM

9,205 posts, read 6,394,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
Well with Roe VS Wade now being overturned, I guess time to actually foster more enthusiasm for myself on the behalf of the interest of youth rights

And not only that, 16-17 year olds are still paying taxes without being able to vote, no dire outrage on that?.

I sincerely doubt these 16 year olds are paying taxes unless they developed a spectacular app and sold it to venture capitalists.

Half of all taxpayers earn less than $75,000 and pay no taxes.

"If your income falls below $75,000 for 2021, there’s a chance you’ll end up paying no income taxes on it.

On average, taxpayers in that category will have no tax liability after accounting for deductions and credits when they file their 2021 tax returns next spring, according to recent estimates from the nonpartisan Joint Committee on Taxation. Those households also may get money back from the IRS.

Even for taxpayers earning $75,000 to $100,000 in 2021, the average income tax rate paid will be 1.8%."

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/26/earn...-for-2021.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies