Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2022, 09:26 AM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Facing critical races for governor and U.S. Senate, Democratic hopefuls in Wisconsin are hoping that their support for abortion rights in the face of a Supreme Court ruling that overturned Roe v. Wade can overcome the headwinds of a midterm election long expected to favor Republicans. But there’s one key group their strategies might fail to mobilize: Black voters.

An issue with strong support from white Democrats is more complicated in the Black community, especially among churchgoers who hold more conservative views on abortion. The topic is so fraught that most community organizers avoid bringing it up.

“Among the Black Baptist church alone, that would split us in half,” said David Liners, executive director of WISDOM, a faith-based organizing group with a statewide presence, when asked why his group isn’t organizing around abortion.
Link: https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2022/08...ortion-n488130

Abortion isn't the savior Democrats think it is.

Woke, brainwashed white young liberals treat abortion as a holy sacrament. Most people understand that it's ending a human life. Most people do NOT support the Democrats' extreme position of permissive elective abortion for any reason until birth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2022, 09:28 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link: https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2022/08...ortion-n488130

Abortion isn't the savior Democrats think it is.

Woke, brainwashed white young liberals treat abortion as a holy sacrament. Most people understand that it's ending a human life. Most people do NOT support the Democrats' extreme position of permissive elective abortion for any reason until birth.
So are you suggesting in Kentucky it was just the Democrats who voted against the ban on all abortions?

I thought we had figured out long ago that there are folks on both sides that do not support a ban on abortions.

Old 08-08-2022, 09:28 AM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So are you suggesting in Kentucky it was just the Democrats who voted against the ban on all abortions?

I thought we had figured out long ago that there are folks on both sides that do not support a ban on abortions.
I'm suggesting that abortion isn't going to save the Democrats in the midterm elections.

Old 08-08-2022, 10:30 AM

4,661 posts, read 1,953,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I'm suggesting that abortion isn't going to save the Democrats in the midterm elections.
When you are in the middle of the ocean and drowning you grab onto any bit of hope that you can. Abortion, Russia, Russia, Russia, Trump is Evil. Just ignore Inflation, Gas prices, food shortages and being terrified everyday that your landlord is going to raise your rent and where will I and my family go?

Old 08-08-2022, 11:34 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Conservative religious folks take a dim view of abortion? You don't say.

Saying it's a divisive issue is a long way from saying they'd vote Republican.

Old 08-08-2022, 11:43 AM

35,704 posts, read 21,070,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post

The majority of Church groups, from my experience- will follow the pastor -and all the rules out front - Yes, amen brother! In reality, they break the rules themselves. Seen it. Seen it many times. Unfortunately with church they’re lots of hidden sin, where non-churchgoers just live the life. Bunch of hypocrites.
There’s a reason The Bible talks about beams in eyes and Jesus defiled the Pharisees

Old 08-08-2022, 11:44 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,245,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Conservative religious folks take a dim view of abortion? You don't say.

Saying it's a divisive issue is a long way from saying they'd vote Republican.

That is true but it is the Dems that are saying the abortion issue is swaying voters their way.

We all know that the Democrat elected are special interest fools that are catering to the Anti American Far Left Loonies and the Republicans need to capitalize on this but they are not.

If the Reps would just come out and say that they like the majority of Americans support common sense abortion Rights I think they would first lose their Far Right Religious types, but where are they going to turn, and then second they would gain many independent voters that need to escape from the extremism of the Left.

I wonder how the hundreds of thousands of "migrants" that come across the Border every month would vote on this? They tend to be fundamentally religions types that probably view abortion as evil.

The Democrats have become to extreme and they need a wake up call in the form of a blow out election to put them back on track.. if that is even possible.

Old 08-08-2022, 11:51 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,203,264 times
Just to be straight... many black folks are against abortion... doesn't mean they will switch their vote on that alone.

Economy is a factor.

Jobs is a factor.

Safety is a factor.

Probably other things as well as you drill down the list.

Old 08-08-2022, 11:58 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
That is true but it is the Dems that are saying the abortion issue is swaying voters their way.

We all know that the Democrat elected are special interest fools that are catering to the Anti American Far Left Loonies and the Republicans need to capitalize on this but they are not.

If the Reps would just come out and say that they like the majority of Americans support common sense abortion Rights I think they would first lose their Far Right Religious types, but where are they going to turn, and then second they would gain many independent voters that need to escape from the extremism of the Left.

I wonder how the hundreds of thousands of "migrants" that come across the Border every month would vote on this? They tend to be fundamentally religions types that probably view abortion as evil.

The Democrats have become to extreme and they need a wake up call in the form of a blow out election to put them back on track.. if that is even possible.

Swaying some voters their way? Almost certainly. How many is the real question.

I have to imagine these claims are in context of "independent" voters - hard core Repubs aren't going to be swayed by this, even the white suburban women. Hard core Dems aren't going to be swayed away from the party, because pro-choice has been a Dem plank since forever.

Last edited by hooligan; 08-08-2022 at 12:25 PM..

Old 08-08-2022, 12:04 PM

30,640 posts, read 18,235,725 times
I wouldn't count on black voters to save us, that is unless they choose to not vote and deny Democrats votes that way. Ultimately, while black voters are more conservative than the average Democrat voter on the whole, black voters will still generally vote for whoever wins the Democrat primary. It hasn't failed in generations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies