Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2023, 09:58 AM

25,926 posts, read 12,943,406 times

Advertisements

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/geo...-abandoned-her

Even in Atlanta, Black leaders have concluded that the Liberal policies are crushing their communities.

Hats off to this Black female politician (Mesha Mainor) for flipping from the Demcrat party to the Republican party today...like Vernon Jones did before her...also in Atlanta.

The Liberals siding w/ teachers unions over students, has led to failed schools in Black communities.

Defunding police has decimated Black communities too...crime, drugs, food & perscription drug deserts abound.

And when Dems leave, Liberals attack them like packs of rabid Dogs drooling White foam form their mouths.

If the DNC continues to lose Blacks, Dems will be hard pressed to win national elections.

I commend Representative Mesha Mainor for doing what is right for her constituancy...& Vernon Jones too.

Old 07-11-2023, 10:03 AM

4,577 posts, read 2,293,427 times
Yeah I have no idea why blacks continue to support the party that has done nothing constructive for them. It's the democrat policies that keep blacks in poverty and in terrible schools.

Last edited by JenaS62; 07-11-2023 at 10:18 AM.. Reason: change word

Old 07-11-2023, 10:06 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,206,608 times
If black folks did not become Republicans in Chicago in the sixties, then there never will be a large-scale black migration to the GOP.

Old 07-11-2023, 10:13 AM

10,546 posts, read 7,072,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
Yeah I have no idea what blacks continue to support the party that has done nothing constructive for them. It's the democrat policies that keep blacks in poverty and in terrible schools.
Yes this is true. However, Democrats keep their harvest of black people economically and financially challenged to keep them in check. Sadly, the community has been trained by their handlers about what 'free' stuff can I get.

Old 07-11-2023, 10:14 AM

499 posts, read 298,271 times
I live essentially across the street from her district (which she represents GA Tech, West Midtown, Vine City, Cascade Heights). She was trying to push school choice vouchers and a few other traditionally republican policies around here and her constituents weren't having it at all. Anyway I'm sure this switch will bring her some $$ as she makes her exit from politics.

Old 07-11-2023, 10:20 AM

6,185 posts, read 3,399,135 times
I’m highly skeptical. While I agree that Trump (assuming he is the nominee) will get more of the black vote, it won’t be very much more.

Republicans would be better off focusing on registered Republican voters, ensuring that they go door to door and collect every single ballot, assist folks with voting.

People are lazy nowadays, and many won’t vote if left on their own. But if you make it easy for them, they will vote. Democrats have already learned this.

Old 07-11-2023, 10:25 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,206,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Yes this is true. However, Democrats keep their harvest of black people economically and financially challenged to keep them in check. Sadly, the community has been trained by their handlers about what 'free' stuff can I get.
Maybe it is the facts that:

1. Conservatives did not back the civil rights movement; it was a progressive joint.

2. The GOP held itself open as welcoming segregationists from the Democratic arty in the sixties

3. There was a proposal to include on the GOP platform in 1960 "All Negroes should be sent back to Africa". The proposal failed.

4. The Republican paragon Reagan got his start in politics opposing open housing and went on to oppose the Civil Right Act and the Voting Rights Act.

5. When the RNC got Mike Steele, a black man, as its head in the wake of the Obama election, he remarked that the GOP fat cats did not know how to deal with a black person.

6. The GOP today finds it hard to reject the support of racist elements in US society.

7. Every winning GOP presidential candidate since Nixon has involved race-baiting in his presidential run -- such appeals must be acceptable and favorable to the GOP voters.

Old 07-11-2023, 10:30 AM

5,999 posts, read 2,253,940 times
I support Black people leaving the Democrat party but I don't agree with jumping from one plantation to another and joining the Republican party. I guess if you're a politician and want to win you have to join one of the parties but for every other black person, going Independent is the only option that makes sense to me.

Neither party sticks to most of what they claim they will do, the culture war stuff does not address most issues Black families deal with, and quite a number of Republican congressmen sound just as racist as Biden in the 1980s or as condescending as the White liberal Elites. Just this week we had Tommy Tuberville seeming to give White Nationalists a pass on a Sunday show and some State legislators in Oakholoma trying to explain why teaching the facts of the Tulsa Massacre is CRT because Race is mentioned. Jeez.

Black folk in the US that are not running for office should be independent and not beholden to either one of these political clown cars.

Old 07-11-2023, 10:31 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,642,326 times
So she is a flip flopper and decided that her Values were more important than the people who she was elected to represent. I wonder if the people who voted for feel like they have been backstabbed.

They should Recall her from Office immediately.

Old 07-11-2023, 10:33 AM

6,185 posts, read 3,399,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Maybe it is the facts that:

1. Conservatives did not back the civil rights movement; it was a progressive joint.

2. The GOP held itself open as welcoming segregationists from the Democratic arty in the sixties

3. There was a proposal to include on the GOP platform in 1960 "All Negroes should be sent back to Africa". The proposal failed.

4. The Republican paragon Reagan got his start in politics opposing open housing and went on to oppose the Civil Right Act and the Voting Rights Act.

5. When the RNC got Mike Steele, a black man, as its head in the wake of the Obama election, he remarked that the GOP fat cats did not know how to deal with a black person.

6. The GOP today finds it hard to reject the support of racist elements in US society.

7. Every winning GOP presidential candidate since Nixon has involved race-baiting in his presidential run -- such appeals must be acceptable and favorable to the GOP voters.
You are living in the past. You are posting about issues from 40-60 years ago, and even Steele left the RNC a decade ago.

Everything else is just propaganda you picked up watching the liberal media.

But I’m glad you don’t want to be in the same party as I do. If you haven’t figured it out by now, you belong with the Dems, voting in an 80 year old dementia patient. Enjoy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies