Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2023, 09:58 AM

18,074 posts, read 15,658,847 times

Advertisements

Well, for all those who assumed and were convinced it just had to be a vaccine that caused Bronny James's cardiac arrest last month, during a basketball practice session, his family just released a statement:

Bronny James, son of LeBron, has a congenital heart defect.

Congenital means a condition present from birth.

James' congenital heart defect was identified after an initial evaluation at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles and follow-up evaluations at the Mayo Clinic and the Atlantic Health-Morristown Medical Center in New Jersey.

"It is an anatomically and functionally significant Congenital Heart Defect which can and will be treated," according to a spokesperson.

Source: ESPN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2023, 10:01 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,330,347 times
Come on, you know and I know, for those who believe if was caused by the vaccine (I'm not even sure Bronny got the vaccine in the first place), it's not going to change their minds one bit. They will say the doctors and medical centers are just lying and "protecting" the vaccine.

Old 08-26-2023, 10:09 AM

18,074 posts, read 15,658,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Come on, you know and I know, for those who believe if was caused by the vaccine (I'm not even sure Bronny got the vaccine in the first place), it's not going to change their minds one bit. They will say the doctors and medical centers are just lying and "protecting" the vaccine.
Well sure it's all part of the big global conspiracy, and heart docs from Cedars-Sinai, Mayo Clinic, and Atlantic Health all agreed to go along with this ... yada yada.

Yet still, he's having or will soon have treatment (and that would likely be one or more surgeries) to fix the anatomical defect(s) he's had since before birth.

Old 08-26-2023, 10:19 AM

5,104 posts, read 2,049,434 times
Which bring us another question, did they done some tests a couple of years earlier if they have detected his congenital heart defect before he begined to play?

Old 08-26-2023, 10:27 AM

1,201 posts, read 531,929 times
When the incident was first announced, they stated that he had had a complete workup prior to entering USC, and there was no indication, whatsoever, of any congenital problems. That had been ruled out.

I don't know what LeBron's relationship might be to any of the drug companies, etc., but I would not trust him to tell the truth about what he knows.

Old 08-26-2023, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Well, for all those who assumed and were convinced it just had to be a vaccine that caused Bronny James's cardiac arrest last month, during a basketball practice session, his family just released a statement:

James' congenital heart defect was identified after an initial evaluation at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles and follow-up evaluations at the Mayo Clinic and the Atlantic Health-Morristown Medical Center in New Jersey.

"It is an anatomically and functionally significant Congenital Heart Defect which can and will be treated," according to a spokesperson.

I find the choice of words interesting: "Can and will be treated." Treated. Not repaired. The "treatment" could be no more vaccines for all we know. What other "treatment" repairs congenital heart issues?

Old 08-26-2023, 10:35 AM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by considerforamoment View Post
I find the choice of words interesting: "Can and will be treated." Treated. Not repaired. The "treatment" could be no more vaccines for all we know. What other "treatment" repairs congenital heart issues?
Medication.

I never knew my paternal grandfather because he died of a heart attack in his 50s, as did all but one of his brothers, my great-uncle who lived into his 70s. Most of my father's male cousins also died of heart attacks in their 50s. When my father turned 60, he said, "Well, I made it! Most of us don't get to be this age in my family." (He died of a heart attack at 78.)

Several years ago my younger brother, at 51, began to experience swelling of his legs and feet. Turned out he has a heart condition that they said is probably genetic. It's a weakness of the heart muscle that pushes the blood out of the heart (sorry, I am not up on the terminology and biology of the heart). Treatment is watching his diet and salt intake and taking a medication that strengthens the performance of the weak muscle. No surgery will help.

Just FYI, this brother had a mild case of COVID in 2021 but has not been vaccinated. He is now 56.

Old 08-26-2023, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Medication.

I never knew my paternal grandfather because he died of a heart attack in his 50s, as did all but one of his brothers, my great-uncle who lived into his 70s. Most of my father's male cousins also died of heart attacks in their 50s. When my father turned 60, he said, "Well, I made it! Most of us don't get to be this age in my family." (He died of a heart attack at 78.)

Several years ago my younger brother, at 51, began to experience swelling of his legs and feet. Turned out he has a heart condition that they said is probably genetic. It's a weakness of the heart muscle that pushes the blood out of the heart (sorry, I am not up on the terminology and biology of the heart). Treatment is watching his diet and salt intake and taking a medication that strengthens the performance of the weak muscle. No surgery will help.

Just FYI, this brother had a mild case of COVID in 2021 but has not been vaccinated. He is now 56.
Fascinating that there is a drug that can "strengthen" a muscle. Have never heard of such a thing.

Old 08-26-2023, 10:44 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,083,837 times
Thank you for posting this. I love seeing far-right conspiracy theories get debunked by facts.

Old 08-26-2023, 10:48 AM

6,381 posts, read 2,705,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post

Did you really think that people thought that they would come out and say it was the vaccine that did it?

It is quite interesting how many of these athletes who have gotten the vaccine have an undiscovered "Congenital Heart Defect". Just in this case, how many physicals has he gone through in playing sports? His family can afford the best doctors and not some HMO assembly-line doctor. Do you really think that there are so many incompetent doctors out there that not a single one in his entire life never observed a possible issue until he ended up on his to the ER after collapsing?

I am glad that he will probably be okay. But this is just more proof that this vaccine should not have been put out there, or at least not forced upon people like it was until it was properly tested. And no a few months of trials is not the same as every other vaccine, as it takes 10-12 years to get a vaccine approved.

It is still possible that the vaccine "kicked" this defect into gear making it an issue, where without the vaccine it would not have been an issue. But that is a question while it needs to be asked, will likely never be answered.

Now, I wonder if they will tell us that part of the "treatment" is to no longer take any vaccines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies