Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2023, 06:20 AM

6,452 posts, read 2,769,405 times

Advertisements

UC Riverside professor accused of claiming false Cherokee heritage resigns

You would think a University would "throw the book" at an Ethics professor who falsely claims to have Native American heritage.
Quote:
Not only is Andrea Smith being allowed to keep teaching classes there through August 2024, she’ll get to keep her retirement benefits and retain the title of professor emeritus, according to a separation agreement released by the university.
Not here. She gets to continue teaching for another year, gets to keep her retirement, can continue to claim her heritage if asked, gets to keep her title as "Professor Emeritus", and the University will pay for her legal fees.

You have to wonder how many times in her career she was chosen for a position because she identified as a Native American over someone else in the name of "Diversity". Wonder where their compensation is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2023, 06:29 AM

36,794 posts, read 31,091,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
UC Riverside professor accused of claiming false Cherokee heritage resigns

You would think a University would "throw the book" at an Ethics professor who falsely claims to have Native American heritage.

Not here. She gets to continue teaching for another year, gets to keep her retirement, can continue to claim her heritage if asked, gets to keep her title as "Professor Emeritus", and the University will pay for her legal fees.

You have to wonder how many times in her career she was chosen for a position because she identified as a Native American over someone else in the name of "Diversity". Wonder where their compensation is?
Maybe it is time we stop all this diversity nonsense and just hire people based on their abilities.

Old 09-01-2023, 06:42 AM

78,809 posts, read 61,027,886 times
100% serious, can someone logically explain to me why this person cannot identify as NA given our other realities?

Why is this wrong and trans is right?

Old 09-01-2023, 06:47 AM

26,662 posts, read 15,215,275 times
It's so brave of this professor to express her transracial identity.

Trans Native Americans are Real Native Americans.

Genetically she is closer to a Native American woman than a white man. So why is it celebrated to identify as a man, but condemned to identify as a Native American?

*Elizabeth Warren enters the chat*

Old 09-01-2023, 06:50 AM

10,658 posts, read 7,172,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
It's so brave of this professor to express her transracial identity.

Trans Native Americans are Real Native Americans.

Genetically she is closer to a Native American woman than a white man. So why is it celebrated to identify as a man, but condemned to identify as a Native American?

*Elizabeth Warren enters the chat*
Rachel Dolezal and Elizabeth Warren both enter chat. I've come to the understanding, that people on the left all want to be a victim.

Old 09-01-2023, 06:58 AM

26,662 posts, read 15,215,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Rachel Dolezal and Elizabeth Warren both enter chat. I've come to the understanding, that people on the left all want to be a victim.
100% leftist teachers at my school encourage kids to see themselves as either victims or oppressors.

A trans kid once literally cried tears in my room discussing the relief when she discovered she was trans, because she always knew she wasn't an oppressor and being trans meant she was now automatically in the oppressed category.

Such a weird mindset.

Old 09-01-2023, 07:07 AM

3,442 posts, read 2,190,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
100% serious, can someone logically explain to me why this person cannot identify as NA given our other realities?

Why is this wrong and trans is right?
There is no logical explanation. It's simply an arbitrary proscription of the authoritarian cult. Violating a proscription of the authoritarian cult constitutes wrongthink, bigotry, and possibly suborning genocide. Punishments range from cancellation to reparations to prison (well, in Canada and some European countries at least), and even violent reprisal, but always demand Maoist-style struggle sessions euphemistically referred to as reeducation. You may not believe the words you'll be forced to say, but you will demonstrate your obedience in public by repeating them anyway — or else.

Old 09-01-2023, 11:20 AM

7,763 posts, read 4,062,263 times
Maybe she'll take a cue from Rachel Dolezal and join onlyfans.

Old 09-01-2023, 12:02 PM

17,901 posts, read 13,834,437 times
I don't know why the righties are all the sudden worked up about this.

Her "heritage" or lack thereof has been an issue since she was denied tenure at the University of Michigan in 2007-2008.

And it is funny that righties are claiming that she might have taken the job from a more "qualified" candidate... Considering the righties would complain about any candidate that was a researcher in "ethics" with emphasis on "minorities"... you know "woke"...."CRT"..."white guilt"... there would be no satisfactory candidate that the right could champion or even find suitable in this particular field.

Old 09-01-2023, 12:18 PM

78,809 posts, read 61,027,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I don't know why the righties are all the sudden worked up about this.
It's not just the "righties", there are plenty of people across politics that don't understand how someone can be a biological woman just by saying so...but can't change race the same way.

I think you know exactly why they're making a point of it.

I mean, if I can say that I'm a woman capable of getting pregnant without even surgery to remove my male organs...and disagreeing with me makes you an evil bigot...why can't I also say I'm NA and force everyone to accept it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies