Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2023, 03:41 PM

2,385 posts, read 2,718,439 times

Advertisements

He's had such a notable post-presidency, and it's nice that he was alive to see how he's being favorably re-evaluated and appreciated.

Jimmy Carter’s Final Chapter: Peanut Butter Ice Cream and His 99th Birthday
https://news.yahoo.com/news/jimmy-ca...121956667.html

“He’s got so much joy in seeing his presidency and post-presidency revisited,” said Paige Alexander, CEO of the Carter Center, the nonprofit institution that served as the base for his philanthropic work over the past four decades. “In many ways, that keeps him going — along with peanut butter ice cream.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2023, 04:56 PM

17,683 posts, read 6,947,274 times
Why no Happy Birthday thread for Joe Biden? He's a whopping EIGHTY-ONE years old today!!

Our Democrat friends also had a thread wishing Barack Obama a Happy Birthday earlier this year, but not one for the most popular President in U.S. history?

Link: https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...ent-obama.html

Surely one of Biden's alleged 81 million voters wants to wish him a happy birthday, right?

Old 11-21-2023, 02:20 PM

23,652 posts, read 14,029,480 times
For the disaster the Carter administration was, he should be glad that people aren't treating him like how they treated Kissinger in Greece.....back then (burn in effigy).

To me, it is very hard to see his post administration work with any smiles given what he did while as chief executive.

I hope he enjoyed his birthday.....but I wouldn't be toasting him.

Old 11-21-2023, 03:41 PM

24,017 posts, read 15,115,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
For the disaster the Carter administration was, he should be glad that people aren't treating him like how they treated Kissinger in Greece.....back then (burn in effigy).

To me, it is very hard to see his post administration work with any smiles given what he did while as chief executive.

I hope he enjoyed his birthday.....but I wouldn't be toasting him.
I won't be toasting any of the Reagan team that sandbagged getting those Iranian student held hostages out. Leaving them there a day longer to win an election is unforgivable. But Iran got the parts they needed and then some. Thank you Ollie North and RR.

Old 11-21-2023, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I won't be toasting any of the Reagan team that sandbagged getting those Iranian student held hostages out. Leaving them there a day longer to win an election is unforgivable. But Iran got the parts they needed and then some. Thank you Ollie North and RR.
Sorry......the only name I saw in the title was Jimmy Carter and that is the only thing, that administration, I am discussing here.

Old 11-21-2023, 04:01 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,629,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Why no Happy Birthday thread for Joe Biden? He's a whopping EIGHTY-ONE years old today!!
He only seems older.

Old 11-21-2023, 04:06 PM

2,409 posts, read 1,534,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post

Surely one of Biden's alleged 81 million voters wants to wish him a happy birthday, right?
81 million votes ≠ 81 million voters.

Old 11-21-2023, 04:14 PM

24,017 posts, read 15,115,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Sorry......the only name I saw in the title was Jimmy Carter and that is the only thing, that administration, I am discussing here.
Everything's relative.

A man is dying.

He just lost his wife.

It's nice you are glad he had a happy birthday. But not enough to wish him one yourself, toast or not.

Old 11-21-2023, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Everything's relative.

A man is dying.

He just lost his wife.

It's nice you are glad he had a happy birthday. But not enough to wish him one yourself, toast or not.
Well, as the phrase goes, I cannot forget what he did as President nor can I forgive him......no matter what he has done afterwards.

The thing is, it is so very hard to see him as just a man for what he has done, so very hard to see him as just a widower for what he has done. But, if it is not to see him for what he has done, then he is no different than anyone else who has suffered such a loss..........but we are not talking about them, any of them, are we?

But to remember and not be so nice about it, how many died from his naive incompetence? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casual...ian_Revolution

How many dreams destroyed, how great were the financial losses, how far did the US sink down in view of the world?

To not be so nice about it............"Go away and don't remind us that you exist.".

Old 11-21-2023, 04:51 PM

7,242 posts, read 4,560,901 times
I want to know what he did to live this long?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies