Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2024, 08:00 AM

4,948 posts, read 3,053,228 times

Advertisements

"Starting in January, California will require major retailers in the state to include gender-neutral toy sections in their stores. The new sections won't be allowed to be marketed to just boys or girls but rather must include a “reasonable selection” of toys that could be marketed to children of either sex."
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ne...ss/ar-AA1miYPO

Wow, just wow. The weirdness/cultural perversity from this state is beyond my comprehension.

Old 01-01-2024, 08:35 AM

163 posts, read 102,255 times
All children's toys should be considered gender neutral, meaning it's fine for any child to enjoy regardless of their gender. Toys for children should not be rigidly classified as either boys or girls toys. They're for any child that is drawn to the type of play offered by that toy item. No new sections or aisles required.

Old 01-01-2024, 08:35 AM

6,976 posts, read 2,701,111 times
I don't see a need for this. What's the difference between a "doll" and an "action figure"?

Old 01-01-2024, 08:40 AM

89,001 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacsnlocks View Post
All children's toys should be considered gender neutral, meaning it's fine for any child to enjoy regardless of their gender. Toys for children should not be rigidly classified as either boys or girls toys. They're for any child that is drawn to the type of play offered by that toy item. No new sections or aisles required.
My take on this, as well.

Old 01-01-2024, 08:42 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,645 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacsnlocks View Post
No doubt. Theyre making assumptions (breaking woke law) with this new law.

Old 01-01-2024, 09:00 AM

984 posts, read 525,406 times
Once upon a time, long, long ago, there was a state called California. You could be anyone you wanted to be, free of overreaching governments that were always telling you what to do. Individuals flocked to it so they could be who they wanted to be and live how they wanted to live.

How things have changed! California has become one of the most overreaching and meddlesome governments in the whole country. Nowadays, people flock OUT of California, not to it. This is such a ridiculous law, and is just designed to coddle to the far left, politically correct nuts. I am one of the most liberal people one could ever meet, and liberal means letting people be who they want to be and leaving them alone to do such. It doesn't mean requiring them to have a particular point of view, that whole thing is very Orwellian. The state knows better than you, so do it, or else.

The reason I say it's just a grandstand move is because there is no requirement to have this ridiculous store isle be of any particular size. So a miniature isle measuring 1 foot by 1 foot and consisting of one G.I. Joe and one Barbie could be a store's entire "gender neutral isle".

Old 01-01-2024, 09:07 AM

21,121 posts, read 19,707,707 times
Do toy stores even have "Boys" and "Girls" sections?

(I honestly don't know.)

Old 01-01-2024, 09:08 AM

6,384 posts, read 2,705,140 times
Just another Nanny State Progressive law brought to you by the future DNC Candidate for President and the Ultra-Progessive Legislature of California.

I never saw signs that said only boys can buy toys in a certain section, and I have never heard of a store that refused to sell a doll to a boy.

Where of course they feel the need to tell stores how to merchandise their sections. Because I guess someone who was looking for a doll, or an Erector set wouldn't know where to look.

Glad to see that Newsom has his priorities in order.

Old 01-01-2024, 09:08 AM

89,001 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Do toy stores even have "Boys" and "Girls" sections?

(I honestly don't know.)
No. ALL toys are available to anyone and everyone. And it's always been that way.

Old 01-01-2024, 09:16 AM

4,344 posts, read 2,230,685 times
Social engineering thru legislation - continuing the neo-Marxist agenda for destroying established normalcy of gender.

Smash the oppression of toys for boys and girls!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies