Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Trump or Haley for POTUS?
Trump 70 51.47%
Haley 66 48.53%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2024, 09:14 AM

29,548 posts, read 9,716,744 times

Advertisements

I tested a theory with another thread/poll that, contrary to my expectations, seemed to suggest there were a good deal more Biden supporters than I guessed for this forum...

Biden 40.00%, Trump 47%, Other 12.65% (and some interesting insights in the process while it lasted).

Got me to wondering how the count would look if given the choice between Trump or Haley for POTUS.

Please vote and if further inspired, comment as to why you choose one over the other. Thanks!

Old 01-27-2024, 09:24 AM

4,190 posts, read 2,509,475 times
America can do better than Trump and Biden; my guess is folks who would vote for Biden would vote for Haley if given the chance. The VA General Assembly and local elections in 2023 (VA has off year state and local elections), shows how Trump is unpopular; conservative counties went democratic after ads appeared tying GOP candidates to Trump. VA has a popular GOP governor, but not even he could counter Trump and his baggage.

Old 01-27-2024, 09:46 AM

13,452 posts, read 4,289,055 times
We can do better by going back to the Bush/Cheney years. Just put a skirt for the label and We have done better, America. LOL . Let's nominate a Neo Con that goes 0-50 in her party and loses her home state also because Trump is unpopular in some counties in Virginia, a state he doesn't need. That makes lots of sense.

Now do Biden with his approvals in the 30's and 2/3 of Americans say We are heading in the wrong direction. How famous is he in Viirginia, a state he must have in November or it's an early night for the old man.

Old 01-27-2024, 09:49 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
If Haley was around at the time of our revolution ... we'd still be under British rule.

Long live the King... the king of I own the libs.

Lighten up Francis.

Old 01-27-2024, 10:32 AM

21,132 posts, read 19,714,475 times
Trump brings in a lot of voters that Haley would not. Haley might have support from moderates, but she is a turn off to the independents, libertarians, and the non-political anti-Establishmentarian swing voters. The moderates will generally vote for whoever the party candidate is, but the swing voters will simply not vote.

Old 01-27-2024, 11:05 AM

13,452 posts, read 4,289,055 times
This is a mirage and the media pushing a narrative. She got wiped out in Iowa (came 3rd) and does better in N.H. but loses by double digits. Where is N.H.? It's blue states territory. It's Mass, Vermont and Maine. They vote a lot different than voters from the South and Mid-West. It's like a Democrat in primaries in the South and Midwest, it doesn't represent their support in the North or Coasts.

Saying Haley will carry independents and moderates across the nation because of N.H. is deeply flawed. She will in blue territory but not in the South or Midwest. They make it sound like the independents and moderates in the South and Midwest won't vote for Trump which is no true.

Independents, moderates and voters overall vote differently by region. Republicans shouldn't care much about blue territory for the general for the exception to win a primary in their party but it doesn't represent the general.

Trump right now is favorite to win 25 states and to be #47, he needs to win 3 states back, Georgia, Arizona and Wisconsin. All 3 states vote a lot different than N.H. or any blue state in the Northeast. You don't get to be in that position by just having base support and no independent or moderate support. He does but by region. It's a narrative being push by the media and anti-Trumps to paint them as the extremists.

The problem with Haley is, it's hard to take her serious when she goes 0-50 in the party including her state. I mean at least have a bar even a low one that to be consider a candidate for the general you need to win 15 primaries in all 4 regions but I never seen a candidate that goes 0-50 in their party and be serious for the general let alone the favorite.

Old 01-27-2024, 11:41 AM

6,706 posts, read 5,935,215 times
Nikki Haley is a lightweight. She lacks the national clout to go head to head against whatever creature the Democrats field this fall, be it Biden or Newsom.

Look at her track record: she was a 2-term governor of a smallish southern state, where she signed a few laws and didn't do too much damage. Then she was appointed by Trump to be ambassador to the U.N., a nothing job to get her out of his hair for a while. She quit that job after only 2 years, and hit the lecture circuit where she accumulated millions of dollars in speaking fees.

Oh, and she's a "person of color", an increasingly meaningless term in this day and age when half the country has some mixed ancestry. She calls herself brown but she doesn't look brown. Or maybe it's the glare of the cameras that makes her look lighter? I don't know and don't care.

People keep saying, ew, why can't we get better choices than two 80-year-olds? Well Haley is not that better choice. She's being well funded but no one is fooled. Trump still has the populist hold on conservatives and many moderates and even some crossover Democrats who are terrified at what Biden's doing to this country.

Old 01-28-2024, 08:14 AM

13,248 posts, read 7,312,118 times
I suspect Haley has been chosen as a backup for Trump if he is convicted. Polling showed DeSantis beating Haley, yet he dropped. Why is she continuing on because a decision was made behind closed doors. Republican party has 100% control who is put on the general election ballots. They have to make a choice will they run a convicted felon, or swap Trump out for Haley.

Old 01-28-2024, 08:17 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
If Trump was not available for what-ever reason... a candidate would be selected at the convention. Haley would not be that candidate, IMO. My guess it would 'probably' be Governor Ron DeSantis.

Old 01-28-2024, 09:53 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Everyone knows Haley is the choice of the liberals, and without the funding and votes of Dems, she would have been gone a long time ago, as DeSantis would have taken her.

If Trump is not able to run due to what the liberals will do, or worse yet, well, you know the Clinton death list, RNC will make a choice at the convention, and it will NOT be Haley.

Heck, by November the way things are going, just about anyone will be able to defeat Biden as more get a "taste" of what illegal immigration actually is!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies