Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2024, 10:12 AM

102 posts, read 60,873 times

Advertisements

A few weeks ago a large chicken factory in Texas went up in flames. 85% of the beef supply of Texas is in the panhandle - the largest state supplier of beef is burning in the panhandle. Ranchers have said thousands have burned to death - maybe quite a lot more. And those that don't burn may starve as their grazing lands are burned.

Anyone else bothered by this?

I came here looking for talk about the Texas wildfires as it seems coverage is scant - as if it's no big deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2024, 10:18 AM

11,474 posts, read 5,995,398 times
I just watched video of dead cattle being offloaded. Very sad.

Abbott is begging ranchers in good shape to donate hay to those in need. I don't know if he is offering trucks to transport it or if he expects them to do it.

Yes, it is sad seeing all that wasted livestock. I am betting it is a lot better to be killed instantly in a meat packing plant than smoke inhalation or being burned to death. That thick hide probably makes it take a while of suffering to die.

Really sad.

On another note -- as if meat prices aren't high enough. Here comes another big jump in prices. I wish I had a freezer.

Old 03-03-2024, 10:20 AM

11,474 posts, read 5,995,398 times
Or are you proposing a conspiracy theory that these fires have been intentionally set for the purpose of destroying food supply?

Who knows, but there has been an unusual rash of food plants burning up in the last year or so. It is odd.

Old 03-03-2024, 10:29 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,088,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Or are you proposing a conspiracy theory that these fires have been intentionally set for the purpose of destroying food supply?

Who knows, but there has been an unusual rash of food plants burning up in the last year or so. It is odd.
They will blame it on the current Administration same as always...

Old 03-03-2024, 10:57 AM

15,530 posts, read 10,499,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastDallasDude View Post
A few weeks ago a large chicken factory in Texas went up in flames. 85% of the beef supply of Texas is in the panhandle - the largest state supplier of beef is burning in the panhandle. Ranchers have said thousands have burned to death - maybe quite a lot more. And those that don't burn may starve as their grazing lands are burned.

I came here looking for talk about the Texas wildfires as it seems coverage is scant - as if it's no big deal.
You can look at the Amarillo television stations online for news. Texas A&M for relief efforts, Texas Farm Bureau and so on. They cut fences and are delivering hay and supplies, the farming and ranching community is already there to help out. Not much to say except it's extremely dry and windy up there, my friends tell me it's not going to take much, like lightening and a power line down to start something. It's sad, but they will recover, pretty sucky though.

Old 03-03-2024, 11:12 AM

102 posts, read 60,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post

Whatever the cause, paying no mind to the wholesale destruction of our food supply seems ill advised. This has happened before. One well documented occurrence in the Soviet Union in the 1930s. It's a very important issue.

Old 03-03-2024, 11:17 AM

5,581 posts, read 2,307,455 times
Texas has 13.77% of the US cattle population.
https://www.nationalbeefwire.com/ran...ska-and-kansas

Beef cattle production, by state:
https://wisevoter.com/state-rankings...tion-by-state/

Old 03-03-2024, 12:41 PM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Whatever the cause, paying no mind to the wholesale destruction of our food supply seems ill advised. This has happened before. One well documented occurrence in the Soviet Union in the 1930s. It's a very important issue.
Mother Nature?

Old 03-03-2024, 12:47 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:

There is more than that that has been burnt or destroyed.
Looking as intentional as our open Border.

Old 03-03-2024, 12:48 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Mother Nature?
.....or MoFo's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies