Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2024, 03:22 PM

13,689 posts, read 7,976,787 times

Advertisements

Today Trump is leading in all the battleground states. A year ago, 2/28/23 no one saw this coming.

Add RFKjr and the others to the mix and it helps Trump (except in MI where he loses a point.)
https://www.realclearpolling.com/lat...ple-candidates

Start date for trial regarding immunity before Nov? Not looking good.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/66477197-post89.html

And Fani Willis is a joke...
Quote:
Could a Georgia judge derail the Trump election fraud case? Fani Willis decision looms large

The bottom line, legal experts say, is that while Willis is very unlikely to be disqualified based on a strict interpretation of Georgia law, the time spent on hearing evidence about her affair with special prosecutor Nathan Wade threatens to push the actual election fraud trial back to either right before − or after − Election Day.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ge/ar-BB1iTIyy
So… my question is this: What will it take for the Dem leadership to give Biden the boot and go with Harris?

Shouldn't be difficult. He cites health concerns, the MSM showers his forty years of service with praise and Harris moves front/center at the convention. A fresh start for all so to speak.

Or do you believe with an unlimited amount of money and enough help from the MSM Joltin Joe is still a good bet to win?

The floor is open...discuss.

Last edited by john3232; 02-29-2024 at 03:37 PM..

Old 02-29-2024, 03:29 PM

5,208 posts, read 4,667,902 times
If Democrats replace Biden, it would not be with Harris. And of course the Democrats will not replace Biden.

Old 02-29-2024, 03:35 PM

While it's true Harris rubs some people the wrong way and her favorability ratings aren't much better than Joe's.

Identity politics dictates Harris step up, if Joe steps down.

Old 02-29-2024, 03:36 PM

588 posts, read 224,867 times
The only way Harris will ever be President is if Biden drops over dead. There is no way in hell they will go with her otherwise.

Old 02-29-2024, 03:41 PM

O.k. the floor has spoken: assuming Joe doesn't drop dead...it won't be Harris

So, who would be the best bet to replace Joe? Or just forget it.

2024 - it's do or die with Joe B.

Last edited by john3232; 02-29-2024 at 03:51 PM..

Old 02-29-2024, 03:45 PM

20,859 posts, read 9,521,992 times
Nobody is going to replace Biden. He will be nominated at the democratic convention and will still be the democratic nominee on election day.

Old 02-29-2024, 03:56 PM

2,199 posts, read 3,357,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post

So… my question is this: What will it take for the Dem leadership to give Biden the boot and go with Harris?

Shouldn't be difficult. He cites health concerns, the MSM showers his forty years of service with praise and Harris moves front/center at the convention. A fresh start for all so to speak.

Or do you believe with an unlimited amount of money and enough help from the MSM Joltin Joe is still a good bet to win?

The floor is open...discuss.
If Biden steps down before the convention, Harris will be president. That gives her honor of being the first woman president, first black/indian/biracial president. But his stepping down would have to be guaranteed among dems that she will not run in 2024. Someone else would be nominated at the convention.

I don't feel Biden has the cognitive ability to make a decision to step down. He doesn't see himself as others do.

Old 02-29-2024, 04:35 PM

23,868 posts, read 24,096,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
What will it take for the Dem leadership to give Biden the boot and go with Harris?

Shouldn't be difficult. He cites health concerns, the MSM showers his forty years of service with praise and Harris moves front/center at the convention.
Only problem is you have an 81 year old man with dementia who happens to be the President of the United States and nobody's going to tell him what to do.

My mother turns 80 this year, has dementia and has been progressing along with Biden for the last several years. I firmly believe, based on my experiences with her and what I know about him, that they've been pushing him to step aside and he's been stubborn about not doing it. He may have even agreed to some deal along those lines sometime in the past; doesn't matter. He's going to do what he wants to do. He's the f'ing president and I'm quite sure he knows it.

Old 03-02-2024, 09:25 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,927,464 times
Couple of scenarios:

Biden resigns from office, citing health issues. Harris would become POTUS and the clear favorite for the nomination.

Biden stays in office but announces that he is not running for reelection. That would set the stage for a raucous free for all at the party convention. Harris, Newsom and maybe Whitmer would fight it out. usually that kind of division doesn't bode well for the party in the general election. Although I have consistently pooh-poohed the idea of Michelle Obama, I suppose she could be drafted as a compromise, unifying candidate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies