Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 07:39 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Dont you understand, nitwits are all these other nitwits have to use as "evidence" that crimes were committed.

Its called the inability to analize at whats being reported because they have the inability to think for themself.

Oooh a nitwit said a crime took place, so it just had to.. had to, because every kook knows that the right got ahead through ripping off those on the left. It cant possibly be through hard work.
What are you, a child? I've never pointed out someone's misspellings, but please proofread before you post. Your statement is not well thought out. You label him a nitwit and then stop. All conservatives, it seems, use labels to "make" their point but all it does is point out a glaring lack of education, or at least an inability to argue coherently. That you disagree with Kucinich is obvious, but so far you and the other Bush supporters haven't exposed one iota of evidence to prove your point. I don't agree with all of Kucinich's articles of impeachment but some were incontrovertible.

And then, by inference, you also insult everyone who disagrees with you by claiming they don't know how to think. Are you the end-all and be-all of How To Think? You can't even write a concise sentence and we're supposed to believe you know better? It reminds me of people listening to Bush and then concluding that he makes sense!

Someone here should disprove Kucinich's points first before anyone can say he's a nitwit, etc. Any takers? And just because you don't like him (I can't understand why since I believe his motivation is for OUR benefit rather than his own), doesn't mean he's wrong. I'd suggest he's more apt to get at the truth in Washington than those of us here in the rest of the US. He works with these people everyday. He has more resources.

Categorically dismissing this major political event--as the MEDIA has surely done--is disgraceful. Anyone want to venture why the media turned a deaf ear to this? Could it be they really don't want the US to pay attention because some of it might actually be true? Wouldn't want that to happen!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2008, 08:03 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
And here is where your wrong..
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
That you disagree with Kucinich is obvious, but so far you and the other Bush supporters haven't exposed one iota of evidence to prove your point. I don't agree with all of Kucinich's articles of impeachment but some were incontrovertible.
In this country, we Bush supporters do not need to provide ANY evidence that we are correct. This is a country where you are innocent until proven guilty. Its up to the prosecutors to prove (or Kucinich in this instance), beyond the shadow of a doubt that a crime was committed.

Incontrovertible? NAME ONE that was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Someone here should disprove Kucinich's points first before anyone can say he's a nitwit, etc. Any takers? And just because you don't like him (I can't understand why since I believe his motivation is for OUR benefit rather than his own), doesn't mean he's wrong. I'd suggest he's more apt to get at the truth in Washington than those of us here in the rest of the US. He works with these people everyday. He has more resources.
I have absolutely positive no liability to prove that Bush is not guilty, and until this country truly turns communistic, thats the way I plan for it to stay.

As for him getting the truth because he's in Washington.. that pretty much contradicts just about every point of impeachment that Kucinich gave. After all, most in Washington did vote for the invasion, and if your claiming that those in Washington can/do find out the truth, then your going in circles, having first accused Bush of lying about the truth, and then claiming that those in Washington are to smart to fall for the lies because they have some magical ability to find "the truth".

And as evidence that I have justification to call the man a kook, I again sight your "man in Washington, can find the truth" comment, and point to the economy, gasoline prices, food prices, ethanol problems, and hundreds of other issues that get discussed in Washington almost daily. Not one of these problems have been resolved by "Washington" and with their ability to get to "the truth", they are now starving individuals in Africa so that we can put ethanol fuel into vehicles.

Yeah, Washington has such a wonderful experience at getting to "the truth" and their ability to resolve issues is just astounding.. astoundingly stupid..

Old 06-10-2008, 08:16 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,917,274 times
I got a kickout of the one about Katrina. According to Denny Smurf, Bush should have invaded New Orleans before the storm to save the day. Yeah, the same time the mayor and the governor didn't want any outside assistance. And when Bush ignored 40 years of scientists reporting doom and gloom if a strong storm hit? I guess the armchair quarterbacks are going to blame Bush instead of every other Prez over that 40 year period.

Gotta' love the grasping ol' Denny Smurf was doing there. The neat thing is, the media also thinks this story is a joke too!

Old 06-10-2008, 08:24 PM

994 posts, read 1,544,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
I'm sure Monica lewinsky would love to hear that !!!!!!!
I'm sure Newt's mistress would too!

Old 06-10-2008, 08:52 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times
Merciful heavens! I just WISH Bush and/or Cheney HAD included a little sexual hanky-panky in their list of "bad behaviors" so that maybe then the media, the congress, and the American people would have paid enough attention to the impeachment charges. It seems that lying to congress, the UN, and the American people in order to bring about a war that killed thousands and cost trillions just isn't as interesting as Anna Nicole, Brittney Spears...or Monica. Then we wonder how we are losing our freedom. The fault, dear Brutus, is not in the stars but in ourselves. It will not be terrorists that cost us our country. It will be our own short attention span, our lack of willingness to think things through logically, and our willingness to be governed by cold hearted opportunist as long as they don't require us to think.

Old 06-10-2008, 09:03 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Dennis Kucinich is on the floor of the United States House of Representatives introducing Thirty Five (35) articles of impeachment at this very moment. The sad and disgraceful thing is that the MOD CUT media will never cover it.
It is an INCREDIBLE shame. I always liked Dennis Kucinich. What a great thing he did here. He seems to me like a great candidate to be VP.

That very pathetic Pelosi made the statement that impeachment was "off the table" when she became Speaker. She's really quite ineffective and a waste.

Pathetic the media as well.

Old 06-10-2008, 09:35 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,611,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
It is an INCREDIBLE shame. I always liked Dennis Kucinich. What a great thing he did here. He seems to me like a great candidate to be VP.

That very pathetic Pelosi made the statement that impeachment was "off the table" when she became Speaker. She's really quite ineffective and a waste.

Pathetic the media as well.
Don't you think that Scott McClellan's book may have provoked the need to bring Bush before the American people in impeachment proceedings. McClelland will be testifying before Congress soon.

Drag Bush before America & the world [the little coward

Old 06-10-2008, 09:38 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
It seems that lying to congress, the UN, and the American people in order to bring about a war that killed thousands and cost trillions just isn't as interesting as Anna Nicole, Brittney Spears...or Monica.
When did he lie? About what?

Quote:
I don't agree with all of Kucinich's articles of impeachment but some were incontrovertible.
If that's true, then they should have. Obviously, even the dems/libs in congress don't believe it's true, or THEY DEFINITELY would have tried.

Old 06-11-2008, 01:14 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,861,779 times
If you think Bush and the others have not committed crimes against humanity then make sure you never Google iraq war. We were lied to in order that we would have a presence in the region and control more oil.
The freedoms the constitution provided have been severely limited... seems a violation of his oath to protect the Constitution
He has trampled on the Geneva convention, the powers of Congress. He continues to be a disaster. I have no complaints with the lot of them be held accountable for war crimes in the Hague. It would serve as a reminder our officials have a responsibility and are not immune to law and order. It would make the next tyrants think twice about their roles. It may also keep us from attacking Iran. Go Dennis! We need you and your sense of right and wrong. At least someone is saying they are wrong and not in my name!

Old 06-11-2008, 07:51 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
If you think Bush and the others have not committed crimes against humanity then make sure you never Google iraq war. We were lied to in order that we would have a presence in the region and control more oil.
The freedoms the constitution provided have been severely limited... seems a violation of his oath to protect the Constitution
He has trampled on the Geneva convention, the powers of Congress. He continues to be a disaster. I have no complaints with the lot of them be held accountable for war crimes in the Hague. It would serve as a reminder our officials have a responsibility and are not immune to law and order. It would make the next tyrants think twice about their roles. It may also keep us from attacking Iran. Go Dennis! We need you and your sense of right and wrong. At least someone is saying they are wrong and not in my name!
Blah blah blah blah blah.. You do understand that we control ZERO oil in the region dont you? Of course not, because understanding this would contradict the left wing propaganda kook conspiracy babble put out by those on the far left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies