Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 08:27 AM

1,396 posts, read 1,188,719 times

Advertisements

The President told us his plan and I support one more shot as long as they have the equipment to get it finished and if Teddy Kennedy steps aside holding back funds. If the Dem's had given more troops and funds in the first place we might be out of there already the Dem's suppressed Bush in the beginning by holding out they didn't want it to look like an invasion and wouldn't give money for more arms and better equipment.
Now, it looks like we might be on our own Britain announced they will pull out in May. I believe they have just as much at stake if not more they are surrounded and populated by the terrorists.
Should they stay or should they go? They will be destroyed before the U.S. since their people have no guns.

I see why we parted from Europe. No back bone. With this attitude if we leave them alone the terrorist will leave us alone who are they kidding. The terrorist are never going to stop until Israel and America no longer stand.

Any further thought on this issue?

Old 01-11-2007, 08:52 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,668,382 times
You pretty much summed it up fine, I agree.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:05 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,985,389 times
Britain has got existential issues starting to build. They've allowed a radical Islamic element to migrate into the country, protected it with discrimination laws that allow radical muslims to walk the streets calling for the murders of those they don't like, as well as praising the London bombings, 9/11 event, etc., yet ethnic English, Scots, or Welsh are guilty of hate speech for opposing them publically. And they are beginning to yield to the idea demanded by these foreign Muslims to allow Sharia law to trump British law within Britain. Britain is allowing itself to be gutted from the inside out and it probably won't be long before it ceases to function as the Britain we all knew. I've pretty much accepted that Britain and France are lost causes. The Dutch seem to be waking up, but they're too small to make a difference.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:28 AM

603 posts, read 1,995,548 times
Britian's population is about 10% Muslim and growing. It is in their interest to leave Iraq in order to quell some of the angry muslim sentiment in that country regarding that war. I'm sure they'll be focusing more on home-grown terrorists and other things, especially cause they have a lot of them. If anything, this should free them up from distraction in Iraq.

Old 01-11-2007, 11:11 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,116,943 times
We shouldn't be too quick to judge our European allies or their intentions. Having lived in both GB and the Netherlands, I can perhaps see how some of their internal immigration issues arose, slowly, and has now forced many of the EU to take a different look at what it means to be heterogeneous rather than homogeneous.

Until the flow of immigration from Africa, Asia and the Middle East, there was no contest as to culture--there was just one, and no diversity. I was in the Netherlands for the flow of Caribbean nationals, some from Turkey, and the aftermath of the Indonesian immigration policies, and it was very difficult to absorb the differences and the increase in population--let alone the cultural divide.

However, with social democracy, policies were formed to make adjustments. It is hindsight to say they made mistakes. They believed at the time it would increase productivity, something we all talk about, but instead they appear to have produced enemies from within. It is a time of great strife in our world, and solutions are few and running out in a global world--borders are fragile, national pride and hostility increased.

What we need are measured solutions to mounting and insufferable problems--and that takes a level head.

Old 01-11-2007, 01:28 PM

603 posts, read 1,995,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
We shouldn't be too quick to judge our European allies or their intentions. Having lived in both GB and the Netherlands, I can perhaps see how some of their internal immigration issues arose, slowly, and has now forced many of the EU to take a different look at what it means to be heterogeneous rather than homogeneous.

Until the flow of immigration from Africa, Asia and the Middle East, there was no contest as to culture--there was just one, and no diversity. I was in the Netherlands for the flow of Caribbean nationals, some from Turkey, and the aftermath of the Indonesian immigration policies, and it was very difficult to absorb the differences and the increase in population--let alone the cultural divide.

However, with social democracy, policies were formed to make adjustments. It is hindsight to say they made mistakes. They believed at the time it would increase productivity, something we all talk about, but instead they appear to have produced enemies from within. It is a time of great strife in our world, and solutions are few and running out in a global world--borders are fragile, national pride and hostility increased.

What we need are measured solutions to mounting and insufferable problems--and that takes a level head.
Wow, excellent summary. Couldn't have put it better myself. Europe really needs to take a long look in the mirror and realize where it stands today and seriously rethink its current immigration policies with much more diligence. I'd love to see that in America as well...

Old 02-20-2007, 09:41 PM

AP reports that PM Blair may announce a withdrawal of a considerable number of troops from Iraq--tomorrow!

His plan appears to be a step-down by end of 2007.

Old 02-20-2007, 09:44 PM

Quote:
AP reports that PM Blair may announce a withdrawal of a considerable number of troops from Iraq--tomorrow!

His plan appears to be a step-down by end of 2007.
My understanding is not that they would be physically withdrawn yet, but moved away from Basra to British bases outside the city, so not so visible for now to see what happens. ?

Old 02-20-2007, 09:45 PM

Did you hear it, MoMark? I just saw it on the wires!

PS - I just checked, 6 minutes ago (9:43pm MT) the wire says, "send home 1500-odd troops by the end of the month." I'm sure we'll know in 24hrs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
My understanding is not that they would be physically withdrawn yet, but moved away from Basra to British bases outside the city, so not so visible for now to see what happens. ?

Old 02-20-2007, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Did you hear it, MoMark? I just saw it on the wires!

PS - I just checked, 6 minutes ago (9:43pm MT) the wire says, "send home 1500-odd troops by the end of the month." I'm sure we'll know in 24hrs!
I guess you're right! We'll know soon enough
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies