Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2008, 07:09 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123cop View Post
harborlady,

Be a good christian and be gay? Have you read the bible? It is a sin to act on homosexuality.
Sir, you said you were white, hetero, and christian. Please do continue to do so. Nothing has changed as it pertains to your choices, unless you're going to use the teachings of jesus christ to bash people in the head. That's not what bible is meant for and you should know better. If you can't manage to lead by example then maybe you're not practicing christianity at all. I'm saying this to you as a white, hetero, christian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 07:17 PM

1,895 posts, read 5,901,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Somebody say "Shotgun Wedding?"
Apparently, it's the (only) Christian thing to do!

Old 06-19-2008, 07:21 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Jesus never condoned sin. He forgave it but the Bible is silent on Jesus & homosexuality. I think he would act as he did with theives & prostitutes. He would forgive them but admonish them to stop their evil ways.
Thats the Bible, I dont think its evil per say, but its definately not normal & to call a same sex union marriage is as stupid as you can get.
jesus also did not teach people to hate others. jesus taught people not to get carried away taking the bible so literally that they would allow someone to die on sunday because they weren't allowed to work on 'the lords day'.

Judge not lest ye be judged. Beam in your eye. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. There are dozens of reasons why hetero christian behavior is dead wrong in their treatment of their fellow human beings, and only one passage that says gays are sinning. That would be old testament, subject to revisions.

If you can't understand gays, you don't have to. You don't have to go to their weddings, funerals, or BBQ's. Your only job in life is to spend your own dime committed to being the best christian you know how to be, and quit trying to live others lives for them. God said so.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:22 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Since California began allowing gay marriages, how many straight marriages have been destroyed?
The thought occurred to me that when "characters" like James Dobson, et al, say that gay marriage will destroy the institution of marriage that what they really mean is that all those closet gays and lesbians will now divorce their "facade" spouse and go get married to their gay/lesbian lovers now that it's legal in CA. I wonder if Vegas is giving odds on whether Rev Ted divorces his wife and marries a fellow gay male....inquiring minds want to know. . .

Old 06-19-2008, 08:57 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
I think a better question is how many impressionable children will not learn the difference between right & wrong, or normal & abnormal.
This thread is about gay marriage. Let's leave MTV out of it, if you don't mind...

Old 06-19-2008, 09:43 PM

472 posts, read 1,544,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I saw no less than four destroyed heterosexual marriages on the side of the road this morning.

From what I can tell, there has also been an increase in divorce filings at the Courthouse. It used to be that all you wrote was "this marriage is irretrievably broken" on a petition for dissolution, but I heard Florida is thinking about making, "The gays made me do it" a statutorily acceptable grounds for divorce.
That was funny as hell!

+1 rep point

Old 06-19-2008, 09:55 PM

242 posts, read 193,289 times
Default Somehow...

I think the concern over gay marriage is a bit archaic. California was simply catching up with Massachusetts, the latter of which decided to be the first to push forward and get the hell out of Bethlehem while there was still time. Commendable indeed. Now, for all those pesky little states in-between the coasts... it's only a matter of time.

Old 06-20-2008, 03:33 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123cop View Post
California has also stated that all cats are now dogs. So dog owners.. you now have to rename your pets.

We all know that one guy and one girl are the only thing that can make one human baby.

We should not embrace or rejoice for a genetic mutation. How much longer is the majority in our nation going to suffer so the minority can thrive? My lord, we make businesses build ramps that costs hundreds of thousands of dollars so maybe 1 handicapped person can go in the business. We build thousands of handicapped parking spaces that are never used. We turn away intelligent and well qualified white students to let in not as qualified minority students. Why is it evil to be a white christian heterosexual? Yes, minorities need some protection but we've gone so far to the extreme it's unbelievable.
Just wow.

Old 06-20-2008, 06:39 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Since California began allowing gay marriages, how many straight marriages have been destroyed?
I think this is a stupid thread without substance nor intellectual value.

Old 06-20-2008, 06:54 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
One female gamete and one male gamete along with some very complex processing facilities are required to make a human being. As history has shown marriage is not necessary.

Marriage is a political and social convenience created to take care of the children. It has also provided the male with a body slave but that is an incidental benefit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies