Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 01:40 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,173,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
and it would be classified as a disorder.
Don't expect me to take that statement seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
Not if he or she is a good shrink.
I'd like to see you back that statement up.

Old 07-31-2008, 01:42 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,852,058 times
I don't expect anything. it's an opinion board, you can take things however you want, however, don't expect me to take you seriously. do people who have sex with the dead have a disorder? how about animals? ok, now how about people who cut off their penises and get fake boob.

case closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post

Old 07-31-2008, 01:52 PM

Quote:
I don't expect anything. it's an opinion board, you can take things however you want, however, don't expect me to take you seriously. do people who have sex with the dead have a disorder? how about animals? ok, now how about people who cut off their penises and get fake boob.

case closed.
It has been proven scientifically that sometimes children are born the wrong gender. It's well documented and it's out in the open for you to see the evidence for yourself.

You don't even have a coherent argument.

Old 07-31-2008, 01:53 PM

it doesn't matter, I closed the argument.

Quote:
It has been proven scientifically that sometimes children are born the wrong gender. It's well documented and it's out in the open for you to see the evidence for yourself.

You don't even have a coherent argument.

Old 07-31-2008, 01:58 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,782,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
i hope jtraik, and jamrquise end up with tranny kids!!! i really do.

seriously.

i have a friend who is waiting for their 7 year old (going on 8) to grow out of his sleeping beauty phase. no matter what they've tried, it hasnt happened. he just does not play with the other boys. prefers sleeping beauty and cinderalla, and make up, and PINK!!!

they tried to discourage him. before he started kinder they thought about counseleing. after an incident in first grade they sent him to see someone. i'v have tried to help them out. we have tried to channel his artistic abilities into music or drawing comic book characters. instead of playing with his moms makeup we gave him a easel and paints to "draw faces". put him in baseball. but since he was very young he has been like this.

i think he will grow up to be a girl. or a really feminine boy.

its hard.

the worst part was when he started school. he learned real quick to hide who he was from the rest of the kids. when he gets home he is so relieved and lets loose.

at this point my friends just accepted it. hoping that it will pass. i dont know if policies like this one reinforce the idea that its acceptable behaviour for a boy to feel like a girl, but i am glad that a space exists for those individuals, however young, to feel safe.
bathrooms and locker rooms can be very scary for nerds, geeks, gays, etc.

i dont have a problem with this... yet.

i might have to think about it more tho.

i think it is easier to see this perspective when you know someone who is going thru this.

o and my friends have 3 other boys. no girls, and the mom isnt secretly plotting to convert the boy into a girl. its just behavious we noticed from a very young age. is he a mutant?
Is this a female psyche in a male body???? Oh my God, COULD IT BE!! I certainly hope so. Or...Could it be that this boy is just plain-old, vanilla gay?

Old 07-31-2008, 02:00 PM

Quote:
it doesn't matter, I closed the argument.
Naturally, you squirm your way out of any intelligent conversation. You had nothing logical to say at all, so you should've just avoided this topic from the beginning.

And you didn't close anything. You need an actual point to do that. You have yet to make one.

Old 07-31-2008, 02:02 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,296,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
Is this a female psyche in a male body???? Oh my God, COULD IT BE!! I certainly hope so. Or...Could it be that this boy is just plain-old, vanilla gay?
Two different things, and only time will tell.

Old 07-31-2008, 02:18 PM

no, I made the point. just because you don't agree with something, doesn't mean it wasn't right. a shrink would look at someone who wanted to cut off their penis and get fake boobs as someone with a disorder. again, CASE CLOSED!

Quote:
Naturally, you squirm your way out of any intelligent conversation. You had nothing logical to say at all, so you should've just avoided this topic from the beginning.

And you didn't close anything. You need an actual point to do that. You have yet to make one.

Old 07-31-2008, 02:21 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,140,921 times
Quote:
Isn't it still classified as such in the DSM? I thought it was. "Gender dysphoria"? If I'm wrong, good, and if not...well, I continue to disagree with the DSM on something.

About the topic...I don't understand that. There are some advantages but all in all, I can't see how it isn't divisive. Unisex restrooms are the most logical thing to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies