Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 08:54 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,884,016 times

Advertisements

There ain't no cure for stupid....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 08:54 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,232,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWS View Post
You need to catch up that video is from JUNE before she was even picked by McCain!!!
Yeah, she was talking and addressing the issue before you ever heard of her. You admit to the proof. And, are you sure it was before she was picked? Like, are you on McCain's advisory list or something even more important?

Old 09-05-2008, 08:55 PM
NWS NWS started this thread

720 posts, read 1,646,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
By Thanksgiving, you people on the angry left, the one here making up all the lies, will have a feast of the best crow you ever ate. it's easy to talk now, but give the lady a few weeks and she will own the world. We will no longer hear anything from you. You can't type on a keyboard hiding in the closet...
So she is not ready to lead the greatest super power in the world today but she will be by Turkey day? I can't bring myself to smack you for that, you need to smack yourself.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:55 PM

2,170 posts, read 2,861,685 times
Charlie Rose interviewed Palin and Governor Napalitano of Arizona back in October, 2007. The interview is about an hour. Oh, and to the Palin detractors, you're not gonna like what you see. She's no light weight.

A conversation with Governors Janet Napolitano & Sarah Palin - Charlie Rose

No wonder the Obama campaign is trembling with panic.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:58 PM
NWS NWS started this thread

720 posts, read 1,646,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
Yeah, she was talking and addressing the issue before you ever heard of her. You admit to the proof. And, are you sure it was before she was picked? Like, are you on McCain's advisory list or something even more important?
Look at the date the video was posted June 25, 2008. They even ask her is she is going to be the VP and she say NO!!! LOL

Old 09-05-2008, 09:00 PM

1,599 posts, read 2,948,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
NOt only is she not to speak or give interviews with any press what so ever, they are saying she probably will not until the elections are over.... I wonder why????????????

Yeah, good luck with that hot mess...

She should be REQUIRED to answer questions and give interviews, somehow! How can anyone think it OK for a person to assume the 2nd highest office in our country after only giving several speeches via teleprompter that were written by someone else??? What are people thinking???

She is a virtual unknown so,of course, any rational person has questions they would need her to answer before blindly giving her their support. Seriously, if she is going to refuse to give any unscripted information, she should be disqualified. At this point I view her as nothing but pretty window dressing for a failing campaign. What a farce!

Old 09-05-2008, 09:10 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
NOt only is she not to speak or give interviews with any press what so ever, they are saying she probably will not until the elections are over.... I wonder why????????????
Because she's just a newly fashioned puppet, so new that the strings haven't been attached.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:15 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,842,401 times
Simply put, I think it is smart campaigning. Her light has burned brightly and you do not want the public tired of her too quickly. Hold her off from view, build more of a buzz through anticipation and then let her loose in a few weeks.
Of course, maybe they are just punishing the media for their blatant bias.
Not to worry, she will answer all the questions in due time.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:15 PM

9,532 posts, read 16,522,023 times
It actually appears that if McCain had decided on a Chimpanzee for VP, people would have supported the Chimp. I can understand supporting your party, but I cannot understand not questioning Mrs Palin's selection. Really can any of you think for yourself. Selecting Sarah Palin for this job is the biggest and most noticeable gimmick I have ever seen. Of course she should talk to the Press prior to this election, just like everyone else. What an obvious red warning flag that is on this selection. People need to hear what she has to say, voting on someone this unknown is wrong and basically unfair to the voter. What is the saddest is that so many americans would fall for this foolishness, and not demand more. I will say it again, Mrs Palin is basically unknown to most of us. She is running along side a man that will be 73 several months after he took office. She only came into the picture 2 months before the election, while we have all heard from the other candidates for what a year two years. At least with Biden he is well known to many. There is not nearly enough known or time given to focus on this Republican nominee. A person that would be president should something happen to McCain. Any of you that have had 5 children think what it would be like trying to run a country on top of that. At times her 5 children seem to be more in the spotlight than her, and at times distracting from her. All in all a vast amount of americans are not being represented by this choice or her manner of thinking. Im sorry but yes she needs to be heard and that means dealing with the media.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:50 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,553,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
It actually appears that if McCain had decided on a Chimpanzee for VP, people would have supported the Chimp. I can understand supporting your party, but I cannot understand not questioning Mrs Palin's selection. Really can any of you think for yourself. Selecting Sarah Palin for this job is the biggest and most noticeable gimmick I have ever seen. Of course she should talk to the Press prior to this election, just like everyone else. What an obvious red warning flag that is on this selection. People need to hear what she has to say, voting on someone this unknown is wrong and basically unfair to the voter. What is the saddest is that so many americans would fall for this foolishness, and not demand more. I will say it again, Mrs Palin is basically unknown to most of us. She is running along side a man that will be 73 several months after he took office. She only came into the picture 2 months before the election, while we have all heard from the other candidates for what a year two years. At least with Biden he is well known to many. There is not nearly enough known or time given to focus on this Republican nominee. A person that would be president should something happen to McCain. Any of you that have had 5 children think what it would be like trying to run a country on top of that. At times her 5 children seem to be more in the spotlight than her, and at times distracting from her. All in all a vast amount of americans are not being represented by this choice or her manner of thinking. Im sorry but yes she needs to be heard and that means dealing with the media.

CA CHING!

It is almost ignorant to think this unkown person can run our country from one speech she read for us... I really can not justify a vote for that side for the sheer fact that McCain is old and unhealthy and I think she will end up running this country. How can anyone vote for someone you have no information on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies