Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is discrminated most
Asian Men 2 3.51%
Black Men 9 15.79%
Hispanic Men 1 1.75%
Native American Men 0 0%
White Men 13 22.81%
Asian Women 0 0%
Black Women 3 5.26%
Hispanic Women 1 1.75%
Native American Women 1 1.75%
White Women 1 1.75%
Asians in general 1 1.75%
Blacks in general 6 10.53%
Hispanics in general 1 1.75%
Native Americans in general 8 14.04%
Whites in general 10 17.54%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 12:03 PM

4,079 posts, read 10,395,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingOfSouthDakota View Post
ROFLMAO! That is the funniest thing i have heard, the last i checked this is a forum geared towards people interested in moving to another state/town/country etc, or just interested in there towns. Never knew only white folks moved, wow since when did that happen? you sure nailed it on the head that time slick.
I guess since you've only been a member of the website for 8 days now- you really wouldn't know the demographics of city-data. There isn't any factual data that say there are more whites represented than any other racial group, but you can definitely tell by the undertones of the different threads being posted.

Furthermore if this was a forum just geared towards people moving then why are you in the "Politics and Other Controversies" forum responding to who's discriminated most thread

Last edited by noid_1985; 09-10-2008 at 12:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 12:17 PM

564 posts, read 892,562 times
I was once not hired due to Affirmative action, the other applicant was less qualified with a spotty work history. When I was not hired and called to ask "why" I was told Affirmative action, sorry. This "other" applicant quit after 2 weeks and I was called back,"would you like to come aboard". Thank god I was hired somewhere else, because it freed me up to tell them they could stick their Affirmative action straight up their _____. Discrimination against white is alive and well, I, can attest to that. Why in the world would businesses be forced to hire less qualified, less productive, less ideas, to fill a position based on race? May the best applicant win. PERIOD. I have seen reports that affirmative action has cost businesses some $Billions in lost productivity and new Ideas. Affirmative action, your no longer needed. You have to go.

Old 09-10-2008, 01:55 PM

271 posts, read 583,136 times
Fine the majority of the forum is geared towards moving,cities,towns,countries,states,etc etc, it would be a bit dull if we did not have this area, it was an idiotic statement in the first place, to claims most people here are white, even if they were what does that prove? i know white people who think blacks have been oppressed the most and other races the same thing. this forum is not the WHITE PEOPLES CITY DATE, its plainly city-data forum, me being here for 8 days means nothing. just means i just found this forum 8 days ago! Shocked? now lets get back to the point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
I guess since you've only been a member of the website for 8 days now- you really wouldn't know the demographics of city-data. There isn't any factual data that say there are more whites represented than any other racial group, but you can definitely tell by the undertones of the different threads being posted.

Furthermore if this was a forum just geared towards people moving then why are you in the "Politics and Other Controversies" forum responding to who's discriminated most thread

Old 09-10-2008, 02:42 PM

1,385 posts, read 3,006,628 times
Gays
Jews
Atheists

Should be added to the poll.

Old 09-10-2008, 04:01 PM

1,404 posts, read 5,700,078 times
I TOTALLY agree with you here. It's hard not to discriminate-by seeing them, but in all reality they are not all suicidal bombers..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
These days I think you missed one important group. Middle Eastern men. Many Americans are terrified by them. They are seen as the scourge of mankind right now and are probably the most strenuously discriminated against.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies