Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 10:50 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,150,313 times

Advertisements

No Bailout for Wall Street -- Protest on Wall Street this Thursday at 4pm! | Naomi Klein
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 02:51 PM

48,178 posts, read 22,026,263 times
I think the irresponsibility of the house Republicans needs to be confronted as economic terrorism. Voters back home need to understand that America suffered as big a blow [economically and to its security] today as it did on 9/11. Republicans who blocked the rescue of America's systems of credit and jeopardized retirement accounts and payrolls and small businesses across America, need to be identified; theyattacked all of us. -- their names have to become infamous. Don't let them seek shelter behind their lies and deceptions....they are attacking our elderly our working families, our industry and our security. They need to be thrown out of office. If you are an elk or rotarian, cancell their next speaking session, tell them we have heard enough. With hold contributions and with hold your votes.

Old 09-29-2008, 03:09 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,877,477 times
Speak for yourself elston... I choose not to bailout Wall Street because they threaten your credit... BS.. credit is their only source of revenue so I won't take that BS from you or anyone else.. sure they are going to deny credit to people who don't deserve credit or failing companies... I would do the same thing too, why hemorrhage and waste money on something almost guaranteed to fail... no thanks!

Old 09-29-2008, 03:13 PM

1,645 posts, read 4,590,744 times
If you listen to Pelosi's speech today, she didn't want the bailout either--she is completely bizarre!

Old 09-29-2008, 03:18 PM

105 posts, read 214,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Speak for yourself elston... I choose not to bailout Wall Street because they threaten your credit... BS.. credit is their only source of revenue so I won't take that BS from you or anyone else.. sure they are going to deny credit to people who don't deserve credit or failing companies... I would do the same thing too, why hemorrhage and waste money on something almost guaranteed to fail... no thanks!
Unfortunately the whole credit system may be overhauled in the next year or 10. It is not just the undeserving that will suffer from not getting credit. It is all of us and higher taxes and inflation.

Regulation seems to be necessary.

Yeah the boomers!?

Old 09-29-2008, 03:40 PM

1,833 posts, read 6,430,464 times
Screw 'em.

Old 09-29-2008, 03:44 PM

48,178 posts, read 22,026,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Believe me I dont need your permission to speak for myself! It wasnt a "bail out for wall street" it is going to effect every American who is planning to retire, borrow money for Xmas or a vacation, trying to buy or sell a home or a car or a major appliance. It is going to cost people their jobs and small businesses the capital to meet payrolll and buy inventory. This is an assault on America....and if it is because Nancy Pelosi hurt their precious little feelings.....they need to grow a pair or ask Hillary if they can borrow hers, obviously McCain has none to spare.

Old 09-29-2008, 03:56 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,238,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Believe me I dont need your permission to speak for myself! It wasnt a "bail out for wall street" it is going to effect every American who is planning to retire, borrow money for Xmas or a vacation, trying to buy or sell a home or a car or a major appliance. It is going to cost people their jobs and small businesses the capital to meet payrolll and buy inventory. This is an assault on America....and if it is because Nancy Pelosi hurt their precious little feelings.....they need to grow a pair or ask Hillary if they can borrow hers, obviously McCain has none to spare.
You have to admit though, that this is a really stupid speech to give just before a critical vote. She should have saved it for after the voting was over.

She was grandstanding, and hopefully she will absorb more of the blame as the post-vote analysis countinues.

Old 09-29-2008, 04:05 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,737,566 times
There's only one solution, as I see it, get rid of all of them! Not just Repubs, but the Dems also, none of them are doing us any favors....Vote third party this year. Even if they dont win, the establishment may get the point were sick and tired of getting screwed, and maybe, just maybe, we'll get some forward movement, instead of partisan bickering.

Old 09-29-2008, 04:10 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,237,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I think the irresponsibility of the house Republicans needs to be confronted as economic terrorism.
And what you call the actions of 95 DEMOCRATS who voted AGAINST the Bail for Wall Street bill?

Hun'h? Republicans don't run the House. The House can act without the assistance of the Republicans. What's the problem here?

Did those 95 DEMOCRATS have enough of House Leadership TERRORISM to vote NO! ? Hun'h?

Where DID all this go wrong?.

Last edited by WillysB; 09-29-2008 at 04:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies