Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 02:37 PM

145 posts, read 247,331 times

Advertisements

In just 8 years he's managed to pull off what terrorists worldwide have been trying to obtain for decades: the economic, social and political ruin of the USA. Way to go!.

As we speak, there is a run on banks nationwide. Smart people now KNOW that these massive corporate-buddy bailouts have bankrupted the country and that FDIC Insurance is as fictitious as the value of Bear Stearns stock was just 2 months ago. Who's in YOUR wallet?. I personally know scores of people who have either withdrawn all their savings in order to stash it under their mattresses or have purchased precious metals.

The damage GW Bush has done to this country is irreparable. As a world power we are DONE. Finished. Yet despite the facts at hand I'm sure there are still numerous blockheads out there who would vote for this moronic dunce a 3rd time if possible. That is because STUPIDITY REIGNS in the USA and stupidity comes with a very high price tag: complete annihilation.

Bottom line, Bin Laden will still be around while the USA follows the Tyrranosauus Rex into oblivion. And I for one couldn't care less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2008, 02:39 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,694,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talibanic View Post
In just 8 years he's managed to pull off what terrorists worldwide have been trying to obtain for decades: the economic, social and political ruin of the USA. Way to go!.

As we speak, there is a run on banks nationwide. Smart people now KNOW that these massive corporate-buddy bailouts have bankrupted the country and that FDIC Insurance is as fictitious as the value of Bear Stearns stock was just 2 months ago. Who's in YOUR wallet?. I personally know scores of people who have either withdrawn all their savings in order to stash it under their mattresses or have purchased precious metals.

The damage GW Bush has done to this country is irreparable. As a world power we are DONE. Finished. Yet despite the facts at hand I'm sure there are still numerous blockheads out there who would vote for this moronic dunce a 3rd time if possible. That is because STUPIDITY REIGNS in the USA and stupidity comes with a very high price tag: complete annihilation.

Bottom line, Bin Laden will still be around while the USA follows the Tyrranosauus Rex into oblivion. And I for one couldn't care less.
So, what exactly has Bush done to cause this?

Old 09-17-2008, 02:57 PM

145 posts, read 247,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post

Astounding. The mere fact that you ask this question shows a gross level of either ignorance or denial.

Well, for starters he overreacted to 9/11 and invaded the wrong country for the wrong reasons at the wrong time. Remember Bin Laden anyone?.
I didn't think so. That's why he's still running around while our sons & daughters are getting their legs blown off in Iraq for 7 years now.
Do you have any idea how expensive a 7 year war is? I didn't think so. That's why you're asking me what GW Bush did to cause this.

He turned a blind eye to all the mortgage & banking fraud that occurred, even going as far as allowing federal laws to be used to override the numerous individual state general attornies who tried to put a lid on the Real Estate Ponzi Scheme. Do your own search on the topic, I'm not here to educate you. Hey apparently even you're not here to educate you.

In fact, I'm not even going to bother to list all the incredible acts of presidencial stupidity this dunce has commited while in office. Read a newspaper. The fact is that as head of this nation the buck ultimately stops with him (unless that's changed too in this New Amerika). That's traditionally what we have a president for. He's our chief executive, get it?.
No wonder Americans let douchebags like Mozilla run his company into the ground yet let him keep multi-MILLIONS in commisions. Who ever heard of a CEO rewarded for ruining his company?.

Well, the same country that still has people defending a criminal, irresponsable presidential dunce.

Old 09-17-2008, 03:07 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,694,475 times
Quote:
Astounding. The mere fact that you ask this question shows a gross level of either ignorance or denial.

Well, for starters he overreacted to 9/11 and invaded the wrong country for the wrong reasons at the wrong time. Remember Bin Laden anyone?.
I didn't think so. That's why he's still running around while our sons & daughters are getting their legs blown off in Iraq for 7 years now.
Do you have any idea how expensive a 7 year war is? I didn't think so. That's why you're asking me what GW Bush did to cause this.

He turned a blind eye to all the mortgage & banking fraud that occurred, even going as far as allowing federal laws to be used to override the numerous individual state general attornies who tried to put a lid on the Real Estate Ponzi Scheme. Do your own search on the topic, I'm not here to educate you. Hey apparently even you're not here to educate you.

In fact, I'm not even going to bother to list all the incredible acts of presidencial stupidity this dunce has commited while in office. Read a newspaper. The fact is that as head of this nation the buck ultimately stops with him (unless that's changed too in this New Amerika). That's traditionally what we have a president for. He's our chief executive, get it?.
No wonder Americans let douchebags like Mozilla run his company into the ground yet let him keep multi-MILLIONS in commisions. Who ever heard of a CEO rewarded for ruining his company?.

Well, the same country that still has people defending a criminal, irresponsable presidential dunce.
I thought that Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. You can't have it both ways.
What would you have wanted him to do about the mortgage and banking cases? The Congress, which is democratic by the way, has much more power over these organizations than does the President.

You'll have to do better than the DNC talking points to make your case.

Old 09-17-2008, 03:13 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Sleep?

I talked at lunch today with a man who was an executive loan officer for a regional bank until he retired 20 years ago. He said the regulatory provisions for banking and loaning was so porous, that anybody could manipulate anything any way they wanted, easily slipping around oversight. All it took was a bit of creativity that would have occurred to a decently-promising summer-interne teller.

Not just Bush. For decades, the cronies in the White House have been poised to profit handsomely from an unregulated industry.

Old 09-17-2008, 03:36 PM

194 posts, read 408,388 times
Quote:

I bet you blame Bush when you pass gas. The fact that you are blaming Bush for all this shows your ignorance. Do some research & find out what Franklin Raines & Barney Frank did to Fannie & Freddie

Old 09-17-2008, 03:43 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times
Why is it that the republicans and the libertarians don’t want “regulated” or government control? Seems that this failure “unregulated” has been a problem for years and no one wanted to fix it. How many republican presidents have been in office over the last 30 years that looked the other way? Thanks.

Old 09-17-2008, 04:28 PM

Bin Laden knew Bush would play right into his hands. Bin Laden was smart and Bush was stupid, just as certainly as Saddam told the truth and Bush lied. Bin Laden probably tried to do what he could to get Bush re-elected (which worked). Nothing could have been better for extreme fundamentalist Islam than the global machinations of the Bush regime.

If Bin Laden is really smart, he will do something now that will inspire Bush to "protect our freedom" with a rash enough adventure that he will need to postpone the elections, so Bush remains in power and Bin Laden continues to increase his support base and sympathies geometrically. The risk of Bush doing such a thing is additionally increased by the economic meltdown.

Old 09-17-2008, 04:45 PM

973 posts, read 2,229,806 times
Quote:

For starters, move to a country you hate less than the USA.. like everyone who said they would during the 2000/2004 elections if Gore/Kerry didn't win.

Second, people said your exact statements after 9/11.. and we came out of it even with terrible leadership and decisions at the top.

Third, we can get back on track with the deficit if government spending and taxes would get back under control and create a good surplus for a few years. No more "stimulus plans" to buy popularity by either party.

Fourth, as pointed out by a couple other posters, you have absolutely no clue how this whole financial meltdown happened. Bush had very little to do with the problem - it was well into the works when he came into office in 2001. Bush DID support McCain's 2005 Act to reform the lending industry, but the Democrats and some corrupt Republicans stalled it long enough for the Democrat-controlled Congress to shoot it down in 2006 without a vote. Democrat Senators from Massachusetts and North Carolina blew it off, stating that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were perfectly fine and there was no financial risk to taxpayers.

Fifth, while very few people aren't very upset with the bailouts, they had to be done. The trading of securities and sub-prime loans between thousands of banks allowed after Clinton's 1999 repeal of the Glass Steagall Act ballooned the problem. If we let Fannie, Freddie, and these other financial giants fall without government intervention, the investments that thousands of small banks would disappear. Do you understand how this would affect your own bank account, or the bank accounts of the majority of America?

Sixth, screaming about the world coming to an end just makes you sound like an idiot. Many people in this country are very upset about the decisions made by BOTH Democrats and Republicans over the last 20 years, and I expect a heavy hammer come about - either in the form of a President (whoever wins) that actually reforms Washington, or a mob of 250 million angry Americans. Both parties know the consequences, and either one will straighten this out.

Finally, compared to the GDP, or even yearly federal budget, the financial problem we see right now is NOTHING compared to the Great Depression, and most intelligent people know that. A few hundred billion lost IS something to be very upset about, especially with crooks like Frank Raines getting off with a slap on the wrist. However, a few hundred billion is not going to destroy the country. It's just a shame that other idiots are going to see your post and think the sky is falling too.

Old 09-17-2008, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfjtm View Post
For starters, move to a country you hate less than the USA.. .
Tranlation: Move to a country where you can make it better and negate all its mistakes just by wishful thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies