Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 12:32 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times

Advertisements

Is this just the beginning and will anyone care?

ACORN office in Vegas raided in voter-fraud probe - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081007/ap_on_el_pr/voter_fraud_probe - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 12:33 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,411,909 times
GREAT! ACORN is a rotten organization.

SO much potential good squandered.

Time to clean house.

Old 10-07-2008, 12:35 PM

365 posts, read 692,582 times
I agree...time to clean house! Maybe they'll work their way to Ohio...

Old 10-07-2008, 12:36 PM

351 posts, read 487,360 times
Let me know if they actually find something incriminating.

Now, this is voter fraud: Those Cagey Cagists are Caging Again |

Old 10-07-2008, 12:42 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,393,772 times
ACORN is much too well known in Chicago to have any credibility here.

Old 10-07-2008, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashrob123 View Post
Let me know if they actually find something incriminating.

Now, this is voter fraud: Those Cagey Cagists are Caging Again |
Nice try but your link lists Ohio, and I know for a fact that the snafu the McCain campaign made in Ohio was harmful to the MCCAIN campaign, because the ballots were mailed to Republicans..

Thats not caging, even if you want to pretend it is..

Ballot snafu endangers votes,” (Sept 9, 2008). …In Ohio, the McCain campaign printed and sent out about a million of these. The campaign made a mistake: the form included an unnecessary located the question asking if the voter was eligible to vote at the top of the form where it was missed by many voters. If the voter failed to check the box by the question, he or she is stating that he or she is not eligible and the application has to be rejected by law.

It was missed by REPUBLICAN voters, meaning that REPUBLICANS were not eligible to vote..

Please do your own fact checking before posting future links that contain wrong data.

Old 10-07-2008, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Nice try but your link lists Ohio, and I know for a fact that the snafu the McCain campaign made in Ohio was harmful to the MCCAIN campaign, because the ballots were mailed to Republicans..

Thats not caging, even if you want to pretend it is..

Ballot snafu endangers votes,” (Sept 9, 2008). …In Ohio, the McCain campaign printed and sent out about a million of these. The campaign made a mistake: the form included an unnecessary located the question asking if the voter was eligible to vote at the top of the form where it was missed by many voters. If the voter failed to check the box by the question, he or she is stating that he or she is not eligible and the application has to be rejected by law.

It was missed by REPUBLICAN voters, meaning that REPUBLICANS were not eligible to vote..

Please do your own fact checking before posting future links that contain wrong data.
I did fact check. In fact I've been doing it all day.

Caging is foul no matter the consequences. Just because some idiot wasn't stealth enough to make sure that Republicans weren't affected means nothing. The point of caging is to lower voting. Less people voting usually is good for the Republicans.

I don't think that anyone should be denied the right to vote even when they don't agree with my politically.

Read the rest of the page Sherlock. This kind of thing has been done enough that I don't think it's an accident.

Old 10-07-2008, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashrob123 View Post
I did fact check. In fact I've been doing it all day.

Caging is foul no matter the consequences. Just because some idiot wasn't stealth enough to make sure that Republicans weren't affected means nothing. The point of caging is to lower voting. Less people voting usually is good for the Republicans.

I don't think that anyone should be denied the right to vote even when they don't agree with my politically.

Read the rest of the page Sherlock. This kind of thing has been done enough that I don't think it's an accident.
Voter caging is a vote supression tactic, done ON PURPOSE, to surpress your opponents votes, hence the name.. The votes are sent to a dummy address and CAGED, so as to limit the opponent from receiving a vote that they would have received.

It is not caging if you sent the registration forms without a check mark to a legit voter registration, for the benefit of obtaining your own votes for real. its a mistake.

Old 10-07-2008, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Voter caging is a vote supression tactic, done ON PURPOSE, to surpress your opponents votes, hence the name.. The votes are sent to a dummy address and CAGED, so as to limit the opponent from receiving a vote that they would have received.

It is not caging if you sent the registration forms without a check mark to a legit voter registration, for the benefit of obtaining your own votes for real. its a mistake.
Who said they didn't do this on purpose? Just because some Republicans got caught in the trap doesn't mean the intent to suppress Democratic votes doesn't exist. Did they send the exact same amount to Republican and Democratic voters? Do you know any of this? Nope.

So, you whole argument is that there was no caging in Ohio? OK.

How about TN, MI, NV, NC, FL, IA etc.

Old 10-07-2008, 01:18 PM

2,742 posts, read 7,495,585 times

Source of the picture:
ACORN Vegas Office Raided in Voter Fraud Investigation - FOXNews.com Elections

Everybody knows the connection of Obama and Acorn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies