Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 12:02 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,249,698 times

Advertisements

Virginia is an only register to vote state, so no party affiliation listed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 12:24 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,609,698 times
Quote:
I thought you said you never waste a vote.
Real funny but I would also consider voting Libertarian if Ron Paul had a larger political presence\ reality

Old 10-09-2008, 12:30 PM

23,864 posts, read 24,108,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflores View Post
If there is one thing I despise, is wasting money on NASA. The government needs to cut there budget and let nasa pay for their own crap. What do I care about whats going on in space, only NASA cares that they spent billions and crashed into mars.
NASA does a lot more than what you think. A lot of technological advances that you use every day came from the space program. You should check into what NASA has actually contributed before dismissing what they do.

Old 10-09-2008, 01:16 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,717,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
NASA does a lot more than what you think. A lot of technological advances that you use every day came from the space program. You should check into what NASA has actually contributed before dismissing what they do.
Shhhhhh.....

Old 10-09-2008, 02:09 PM

3,530 posts, read 9,720,076 times
I've always been an independent, but last year I changed to Dem so that I could take part in the primaries. I was sick of having to be presented with just the two majors to vote for, and not be able to have a part in choosing who would be running.

The Reps. have been making me really ill lately.

Old 10-09-2008, 02:11 PM

3,530 posts, read 9,720,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflores View Post
If there is one thing I despise, is wasting money on NASA. The government needs to cut there budget and let nasa pay for their own crap. What do I care about whats going on in space, only NASA cares that they spent billions and crashed into mars.
I think we should all care about NASA, as we will need somewhere to go once we've sucked every natural resource out of this planet and destroyed it beyond belief.

Old 10-09-2008, 02:41 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,066,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Green Party but I vote Democrat in all elections except local races. The Green party doesn't have the numbers to win unless it is a county or city election. I never waste my vote in national elections & always vote Democratic.

That's an interesting philosophy. You vote against your own party so you don't waste your vote. Unless you actually vote for your party they'll never be more than a handful. How is that a wasted vote? I'm not Green Party but I'd really like to see you vote for who you really want in office because unless you cast your wasted vote you'll never send the message that you want a real change. As long as you support the status quo, it'll be business as usual. If that's the case then why bother to vote at all?

Unless we collectively stop following the herd no third party will ever gain any sort of influence. I know very well that Barr won't win but I'm going to vote for him anyway because I'm not going to waste my vote by giving it to someone I don't want in the White house. I don't personally want McKinney to win any more than Obama or McCain but I beg you to at least stand for what you believe and send a message to Washington. If the independent candidates can have a decent showing this time around, maybe next time the press and everyone else will start taking the independents a little more seriously. If you don't care enough to at least vote for the one you believe in then please stay home and not support the status quo. If you don't vote for your Green candidate that tells whoever does win that no one takes the Greens (including the Greens) seriously and neither will they.

Old 10-09-2008, 02:42 PM

448 posts, read 1,588,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Mr. Swag I have done quite some research, but we need to scale back on some of them missions, they dont serve the everyday man a purpose. Get your tech on though.

Old 10-09-2008, 02:43 PM

448 posts, read 1,588,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttomoveeast View Post
I think we should all care about NASA, as we will need somewhere to go once we've sucked every natural resource out of this planet and destroyed it beyond belief.
By the time that happens you and I will both be dead, and from the looks of it i doubt another planet would be able to support both democrats and republicans.

Old 10-09-2008, 02:45 PM

1,273 posts, read 4,160,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttomoveeast View Post
I've always been an independent, but last year I changed to Dem so that I could take part in the primaries. I was sick of having to be presented with just the two majors to vote for, and not be able to have a part in choosing who would be running.

The Reps. have been making me really ill lately.
You and me both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies