Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 06:48 AM

943 posts, read 3,334,830 times

Advertisements

I have pepper spray and boxing is my hobby..I think I'll be okay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 07:29 AM

661 posts, read 1,184,033 times
Quote:
dont worry about him tim, he will be the type to be calling the cops when crooks are breeaking down his front door, as you and I will be calling the cops after the shooting is over and to tell them to send the county coroner.
I have lived in the UK for 50 years and have never heard of anyones door being broken down by crooks. The only people who break down doors here are the cops who are after the crooks.

You people are paranoid, far more scary than the ones you say you fear. You must think that the USA is perpetually teetering on the edge of anarchy and chaos.

I bet you live in some remote town in the middle of nowhere with about 10 population, but believed Bush after 9/11 when he told you that terrorists would be planting bombs in YOUR neighbourhood.

If there were 1000 issues in the UK on which the election was being fought, gun ownership would be the 1001st. Yes we have gun crime, but the criminals are no more running riot on the streets of England than they are in the States, despite the police not carrying firearms.

Oh...and usually crooks wait until you are away from the house before breaking in as strangely enough they want to avoid a gunfight. They just want to steal your goods, and maybe your collection of guns too.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:37 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Guys...Im not gonna even get into civil war scenerio talk.Do I think Obama will come to my door?no

This thread is about the fact that Democrats lie and make up statistics and slander to ban guns.It doesn't matter to them if they are used alot in crime or not,they just say they are evil and that you don't need them.That's pretty elitist and arrogant.......

Old 11-06-2008, 07:49 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,316,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringwielder View Post
I have lived in the UK for 50 years and have never heard of anyones door being broken down by crooks. The only people who break down doors here are the cops who are after the crooks.

You people are paranoid, far more scary than the ones you say you fear. You must think that the USA is perpetually teetering on the edge of anarchy and chaos.
Spend a few minutes reading a crime blog about my city.

Crime in Charlotte, NC

I will keep my guns, thank-you very much.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:55 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,415,423 times
Quote:
Oh...and usually crooks wait until you are away from the house before breaking in as strangely enough they want to avoid a gunfight.
Then you admit the mere presence of a gun prevents crime. Thank you.

I can only wonder however why it is you want a safe environment for criminals.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:01 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,415,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
ROTFLMAO....Are you retarded? You just posted what possibly could be your demise in a PUBLIC forum.....Ever heard of the ATF? I'll bet you a hundred dollar bill they NOW know who you are.Bad move on your part.
He broke no laws. In most states you can buy & sell long guns without the BS paperwork.

Old 11-06-2008, 09:39 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Ahh the Right to Bear Arms. Guaranteed by the Constitution and upheld by the Supreme Court. Nevertheless if a person wants to obtain a firearm, for any purpose, better get on it. The piece itself may not be any harder to obtain but the ammunition for said firearm will be. Thats the weak link in the chain and the hoplophobics know it whats more. Look for draconian taxes on ammo to be implemented. That drum has been beating for a while now and it's going to get louder. The price of brass and copper has gone sky high and thats no accident folks. If things do get to the point where we need to look to our arms for salvation and one has fifty weapons and ten rounds apeice for each weapon how long is that going to last . Limits on how much ammo you can buy at one time are forthecoming as is what TYPES of ammo you can have. "Military" calibers will be unaivailable, FMJ will be labeled as "cop killer" etc. In short, if you choose to exercise your 2nd Ammendment rights you will want to cover all the basesand the sooner the better.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:09 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:

Oh...and usually crooks wait until you are away from the house before breaking in as strangely enough they want to avoid a gunfight. They just want to steal your goods, and maybe your collection of guns too.
Sorry to contradict you but, here in Arizona, Home invasions are far too common. People breaking into a persons home - while the homeowner / occupant is there. Often times has resulted in the occupant being killed or severely injured by the crooks.

Yet, as more homeowners become owners of firearms - they are fighting back. Just last week, an occupant of a home, in Tucson, shot and killed the two intruders

Old 11-06-2008, 10:12 AM

2,984 posts, read 5,857,088 times
I've been a gun owner for a long time and doubt Obama or any democrat has the power to change the constitution.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:17 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
I've been a gun owner for a long time and doubt Obama or any democrat has the power to change the constitution.
Doesn't mean they won't ignore it and trample on it. If Bush was able to get away with his invasions of the right to privacy (a right not spelled out as clearly as the right to keep and bear arms in the Constitution) and holding people without trial, just what makes you think the dems won't get away with trampling on this right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies