Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 04:58 PM

36 posts, read 96,385 times

Advertisements

(parts taken and assembled from Worldnetdailys editor Joseph Farah)

1. A 18 year old Muslim Bosnian refugee (Sulejman Talovic) shoots up a crowed shopping mall in Utah, killing many. Law enforcement officials are puzzled over the motive, they see no indication of terrorism.

2. (Jan 31 07). Ismaile Yassin Mohammed stole a car in Minneapolis, rammed into other cars, stole a van and rammed more. When asked his motivation , he said: "Allah made me do it"-------------But this isn't terrorism.

3. (Aug 06) Omeed Aziz Popal used a car to plow through pedestrians, killing one and injuring 14. Asked his motive, he said terrorism.----but that wasn't terrorism.

4. (July28 06) Naveed Afzal Haq shot up the Jewish Federation Center in Seattle, killing one and injuring five. He expalined his motivations: "I'm a Muslim American. I'm angry at Israel."-----but this isn't terrorism.

5. (March 06) Mohammed Reza Taheri-azar drove an SUV onto the campus of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, injuring nine. He said he was "thankful for the opportunity to spread the will of Allah."----but this isn't terrorism.

6. Many Americans are in Denial about 9-11 and the 19 Muslims involved, ---to many this isn't terrorism.

Sulejman Talovic (Utah shooter) the 18 year old Muslim was part of a significant wave of Bosnians Muslim immigration program approved by the U.S. government.

Last week the Bush administration approved a plan to bring 7000 Iraqi refugees to the U.S. What are they refugees from? Haven't we liberated Iraq?

Are we making good decisions about whom we let into our country? I think some families in Utah might be asking that question today.

Joseph Farah concludes "I fear we will be forced to endure far greater attacks, much more mayhem, before we wake up to the threat inside out country."

Old 02-21-2007, 06:02 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,491,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelite View Post
(parts taken and assembled from Worldnetdailys editor Joseph Farah)

1. A 18 year old Muslim Bosnian refugee (Sulejman Talovic) shoots up a crowed shopping mall in Utah, killing many. Law enforcement officials are puzzled over the motive, they see no indication of terrorism.

2. (Jan 31 07). Ismaile Yassin Mohammed stole a car in Minneapolis, rammed into other cars, stole a van and rammed more. When asked his motivation , he said: "Allah made me do it"-------------But this isn't terrorism.

3. (Aug 06) Omeed Aziz Popal used a car to plow through pedestrians, killing one and injuring 14. Asked his motive, he said terrorism.----but that wasn't terrorism.

4. (July28 06) Naveed Afzal Haq shot up the Jewish Federation Center in Seattle, killing one and injuring five. He expalined his motivations: "I'm a Muslim American. I'm angry at Israel."-----but this isn't terrorism.

5. (March 06) Mohammed Reza Taheri-azar drove an SUV onto the campus of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, injuring nine. He said he was "thankful for the opportunity to spread the will of Allah."----but this isn't terrorism.

6. Many Americans are in Denial about 9-11 and the 19 Muslims involved, ---to many this isn't terrorism.

Sulejman Talovic (Utah shooter) the 18 year old Muslim was part of a significant wave of Bosnians Muslim immigration program approved by the U.S. government.

Last week the Bush administration approved a plan to bring 7000 Iraqi refugees to the U.S. What are they refugees from? Haven't we liberated Iraq?

Are we making good decisions about whom we let into our country? I think some families in Utah might be asking that question today.

Joseph Farah concludes "I fear we will be forced to endure far greater attacks, much more mayhem, before we wake up to the threat inside out country."
Yeah, you're right. We should all take heed of what those shifty brown people are up to, because surely no white people would ever perpetrate a violent crime.

By your standard, then, should the Amish shooting last year be considered terrorism? How about Columbine? Abortion clinic shootings and bombings, done "in the name of God"? Or should we only care about this stuff when the brown people are doing it in the name of Allah?

Gotta love good ol' Wingnut Daily. Now go hide under your bed and wait for Daddy Cheney to chase away all those big, bad terrorists....

Old 02-21-2007, 06:43 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,217,157 times
I guess Timothy McVeigh wasn't a terrorist either. He didn't fit the profile.

Old 02-21-2007, 06:56 PM

603 posts, read 2,000,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I guess Timothy McVeigh wasn't a terrorist either. He didn't fit the profile.
Well, to this day there are still questions regarding whether Timothy McVeigh was in contact with arab terrorists. Despite what the official reports have said, there are many well-respected investigators that hold firm that there was more to that case. But, obviously we all know that one way or the other, this man was without a doubt a terrorist.

Old 02-21-2007, 10:33 PM

694 posts, read 2,657,699 times
This thread brings to mind the film " The Game "
( Michael Douglas & Shaun Penn)
It shows that almost anyone under the right circumstances
can be broke down and than manipulated.
Scary Stuff ! Our own minds being used as a weapon.

Old 02-21-2007, 11:17 PM

181 posts, read 709,384 times
I think terrorism is as much psychological as it is tangible in terms of actual physical violence. To not exercise deliberate, conscious denial in order to disparage a terrorist's plot (or success) would be improvident since the only other choice would be to acknowledge and therefore acquiesce control much too quickly. As a result, we are left to play a complex and deadly game not easily won by anybody. I do not advise unconcious denial as a means to achieve safety...that is simply surviving on "luck" ALONE!

Old 02-21-2007, 11:27 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,178,105 times
Is this the newspaper you got your information from:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/

Old 02-22-2007, 05:15 AM

986 posts, read 2,813,742 times
We are in Denial....maybe we will wake up when the next 9/11 happens!!!!

Old 02-22-2007, 05:25 AM

480 posts, read 2,833,472 times
mb919,

So, what you're saying is...

Because there have been white terrorists, we shouldn't worry about the brown terrorists?

Old 02-22-2007, 07:22 AM

592 posts, read 2,815,832 times
I'm not sure if Mb919 is taking shots at conservatives or just taking one at Whitelite, but apparantly has missed the question and only concentrated on Whitelites examples to prove his point. The good old Webster's in my bookshelf defines "terrorism" as n.Systematic use of violence, terror, and intimidation to achieve an end. Relying on this simple definition, it appears painfully obvious to me that certainly the tragedys Mb speaks of, i.e. Columbine, the Amish ordeal, etc. I don't want or intend to speak for Whitelite, but when I first read the post, my thoughts immediately went to the mainsteam media and their lack of reporting the facts instead of opinions. I have to agree with Whitelite and his assertion concerning the denial of most Americans. Apparently his examples hit a nerve. Too bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies