Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 06:53 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,718,851 times

Advertisements

Throw the books at em!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 06:53 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie Lover View Post
If a kid sees it it is.
Jees, my son and a neighbor boy told me they peed on a tree back in our woods because they didnt want to stop playing to come back to use the restroom. Should I call the sex police and have them register? Please have common sense..

Old 11-09-2008, 06:55 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times
Quote:
If a kid sees it it is.

It woldn't bother any kids who have been allowed to know what human bodies look like.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:14 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
I want all of you to remember this next time the local evening news talks about the number of registered sex offenders in the area. Registered sex offenders should have been limited to child predators, a criminal segment that has the highest rate of repeating the same crime even after serving time in prison. It has come to mean Johns who pick up prostitutes and yes, even streakers.
Exactly. The purpose of registering sex offenders is to provide a means for the public to know who is living among them (and make appropriate safety-related decisions) and for the police to track these criminals. Applying the label to any and every instance where nudity is involved diminishes this purpose. People will start ignoring the registry because practically anyone could show up on it - especially if for behavior that they could see themselves doing, i.e. peeing on a tree or in a bush. If this continues, there will be no pissing in the forest!

Old 11-09-2008, 07:17 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
A joe who tries to pick up a prostitute or a teenage streaker is not going to come after your children so why should they be labeled as sex offender.

Old 11-10-2008, 05:02 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
>Registered sex offenders should have been limited to child predators, a criminal segment that has the highest rate of repeating the same crime even after serving time in prison.<

QFT

Old 11-10-2008, 08:42 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,064,272 times
Quote:
If a kid sees it it is.
I guess any dad who leaves the Playboys under the bed and the kids find them is a sex offender as is anyone who ever mooned anyone, or my parents...Oh geesh...I saw them both naked once...I had no idea they were sex offenders.

Close the museums and art galleries that have naked people portrayed and get ready to prosecute the History channel....they show naked people on that channel, and good grief, all the women on Girls Gone Wild should have to register... Actually, most of my third grade class should register because Linda Oberlin used to pull our pants down for fun and she got most of us at least once. (you have to love the 70's....elastic waist pants with no belts = prime opportunity for pantsing) At church camp a girl jumped off the rope swing and her top came off when she landed...Oops...sex offender.

Good gravy, I bet we are surrounded by sex offenders!! I bet most of us ARE sex offenders!!

Old 11-10-2008, 08:46 AM

1,658 posts, read 3,040,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Jees, my son and a neighbor boy told me they peed on a tree back in our woods because they didnt want to stop playing to come back to use the restroom. Should I call the sex police and have them register? Please have common sense..
You didn't see the meighbours boys dickie!!

Old 11-10-2008, 08:48 AM

1,658 posts, read 3,040,169 times
Sorry guys that I seem a bit brusque, but in the UK where I live, sex offenders are murder targets. Its more contro here.

Old 11-10-2008, 08:56 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
You didn't see the meighbours boys dickie!!
No but if I did, that wouldnt make me a sex offender. There is a big difference between having sex, and seeing something.

The law is stupid because it doesnt take the intent of the offender into consideration. The intent on streaking is a lot different then the intent upon rape or pedophiles..

Last edited by pghquest; 11-10-2008 at 10:13 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies