Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 03:15 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,341,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagKm View Post
Obama isn't going to do anything!!!!

He appointed "Larry Summers" and "Bob Rubin" and "Tim Geithner" and "Paul Volcker" to his cabinet. Every single one of them is the same sort of Wall St. crook/shyster as is Thain, probably even double.

BOTH parties are OWNED by someone and that someone is certainly not the tax paying ,hard working ,law abiding citizens .

We are the cow those vampire bats feed upon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2008, 04:03 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,830,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
BOTH parties are OWNED by someone and that someone is certainly not the tax paying ,hard working ,law abiding citizens .

We are the cow those vampire bats feed upon.
if all of us on city data would take your advice about both parties.......

Old 12-08-2008, 05:47 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,547,554 times
To bad you didn't turn this thread into a poll- will he get it or not?

My bet is "yes" they will give him something. He got them sold to BoA.

As Don King says...."Only in America...."

Old 12-09-2008, 08:47 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,861,779 times
and here i thought a bonus was for stellar performance... hmmm. I need a company I can srew to the walls and get a bonus for doing it... wow... oh but then again i wouldnt screw a company to the walls. Im not that inept. Tell me again how is it they kept their jobs? I don't get it. an underling would have long been fired for their performance.

Old 12-11-2008, 06:12 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,547,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
and here i thought a bonus was for stellar performance... hmmm. I need a company I can srew to the walls and get a bonus for doing it... wow... oh but then again i wouldnt screw a company to the walls. Im not that inept. Tell me again how is it they kept their jobs? I don't get it. an underling would have long been fired for their performance.
Well I must admit that I admire the CxO of most big corporations. They not only negotiate there entrance into a company (signing bonus, company car, expense account, etc.) but they also negoiate there exit what will take place when they part ways with the company. 99.9% of most working people only manage the entrance and never consider what the terms should be when they leave (or forced to leave).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies