Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support War Crime Trials for Bush & Friends?
YES 118 47.97%
NO 124 50.41%
Don't know 4 1.63%
Voters: 246. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 04:10 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh my. Where have you been? There is a mound of evidence Khalid planned the attacks of 9/11 and implemented them. A mound of documentation, computer files, not to mention his own admission.

Oh, I get it. You must be one of those people. Who either believe the administration actual plotted and carried out 9/11 or that the terrorists who committed the act were forced to do it because of big, bad, evil America.
I'm neither. But I know what kind of person you are.

Old 12-19-2008, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Gee - convictions without a trial.

Convictions without the defendant present or a defense being presented -

Sounds like the way things are done in the ole Soviet Union -
And exactly how they'll be done here in the USA thanks to this administration.

Old 12-19-2008, 04:23 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
How do you know what we do or did at Guantanamo? BTW, there have been trials, charges, a defense given to the detainees on trial and some have now been released.
Many know and obviously you don't because you never did the research, did you? You can start here:

Current.org | "Torturing Democracy," 2008

Dailymotion - PBS FRONTLINE: THE TORTURE QUESTION 3 OF 5, a video from Top-Notch112. PBS, FRONTLINE, THE, TORTURE, RUMSFELD

Old 12-19-2008, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schtyk View Post
We just simply agree to disagree, by the way you too are in the minority as I believe congress is in near single digits. Here is our major difference, it goes along the thinking of Harry Truman. If you told me, you need to push this button and 100,000 people are going to die or your son is going to die. If those 100,000 people just happen to be across the waters and just happen to be harboring criminals that would kill my son, I don't have a problem with pushing that button. Just the same, if a man and his tribe that is trying to kill me, happens to be captured by me, my friend, I dont have a f...ing problem in this world with skinning the bastard if it will save the lives of one of mine. So put that in your f...ing peace pipe and smoke it! Furthermore, running around in a gdmn tutu singing cubayah is not going to keep him from cutting off your head. Get a life!
The way the universe operates, one attracts the stuff that emotes the most, so in your case, I'd expect you to encounter a situation like you describe based on the intensity of your words. You will have created that situation, not the bastards you claim you'll skin. If you have no problem pushing the button to kill 100,000 persons just to save one person you actually value, then you shamelessly are exhibiting the kind of heartlessness humans are capable of. While you're off pushing buttons and skinning people, that wee majority you hate will enjoy its peace pipe and wonder aloud why people like you don't just kill yourselves off. They'll wait and they'll prosper, for they learned how to get out of that vicious circle of endless violence. The life they'll get will go around and around for, my friend, there is no outside and all divisions are imaginary.

Old 12-19-2008, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
And exactly how they'll be done here in the USA thanks to this administration.
According to Vince Bugliosi, the prosecuting attorney in the Charles Manson case, Bush and the rest can be tried by any U.S. Attorney that has had a soldier from their district killed in Iraq. Congress does not have to approve this at all.

The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder

The book was sent out last week to all U.S. Attorneys to ask if any will participate after reading the book and Bugliosi has offfered to work along side them. The book was purchased and sent out with contributions from supportive citizens.

Old 12-19-2008, 04:34 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
Not sure if this passed or not, but if it has ... as much as I want very badly to see some perp walks for these turds, it won't happen:
Senate Vote Advances President's Effort to Kill War Crimes Act

Old 12-19-2008, 04:39 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Absolutely!!!!!!!

Clinton lied about a BJ, and the outrage and demand for impeachment was a fire storm.

Bush lies and starts a war, costing 100's of thousands of lives, and no one seems to give a damn.

clinton lied about being involved with a woman and commiting an affair in court, he commited perjury.

bush and co did nothing wrong. I dont like the things buch/co did, but nothing he did was illegal.

as for starting a war, why not say the same thing about WWII. fdr knew darn well what would happen by refusing to give oil to japan.

so why not have him prosecuted for starting americas side of WWII?

Old 12-19-2008, 05:13 PM

540 posts, read 630,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
The way the universe operates, one attracts the stuff that emotes the most, so in your case, I'd expect you to encounter a situation like you describe based on the intensity of your words. You will have created that situation, not the bastards you claim you'll skin. If you have no problem pushing the button to kill 100,000 persons just to save one person you actually value, then you shamelessly are exhibiting the kind of heartlessness humans are capable of. While you're off pushing buttons and skinning people, that wee majority you hate will enjoy its peace pipe and wonder aloud why people like you don't just kill yourselves off. They'll wait and they'll prosper, for they learned how to get out of that vicious circle of endless violence. The life they'll get will go around and around for, my friend, there is no outside and all divisions are imaginary.
No sir, my time is through and I did my part. I am a very peaceful man. I am not a surrender monkey. Without men like me you would be a slave!

Old 12-19-2008, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Not sure if this passed or not, but if it has ... as much as I want very badly to see some perp walks for these turds, it won't happen:
The article appears to have been from 2006. This link is from an article from the past few days.

Senate torture report confirms Bush, top officials guilty of war crimes

This definitely needs a bit more research.

The Bush administration's get out of jail card for torturers.

http://www.slate.com/id/2147585/

Old 12-19-2008, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I do not see this falling by the wayside. These crimes are not small potatoes, so to speak. Too many citizens and people in power want these crimes to be acknowledged and justice to be served. In fact it is a worldwide outcry for justice. It most likely will be easier to pursue once they are out of office. Cheney's arrogance when he was being interviewed was astonishing and hopefully it will bury him.

Demands for war crimes prosecutions are now growing in the mainstream - Glenn Greenwald - Salon.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies