Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2008, 08:49 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,588,378 times

Advertisements

Ok whether you agree with the bailout or not ... it's happening ... so the question now is where is the money going, how do we get this money and who over sees it?

YouTube - Stossel on Bailout: Show me the MONEY!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2008, 08:51 PM

568 posts, read 1,479,797 times
Paulson is robbing America and Congress is allow him to do it. They are all in on the destruction of America.

Old 12-20-2008, 11:09 PM

773 posts, read 1,216,485 times
I have included below the definition for use by congress of financial institution in regards to the bailout. As you can see its somewhat vague.

FINANCIAL INSTITUTION- The term ‘financial institution’ means any institution, including, but not limited to, any bank, savings association, credit union, security broker or dealer, or insurance company, established and regulated under the laws of the United States or any State, territory, or possession of the United States, the District of Columbia, Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands, Guam, American Samoa, or the United States Virgin Islands, and having significant operations in the United States, but excluding any central bank of, or institution owned by, a foreign government.

I wonder if the 'con'gress have provided these unknown institutions with enough confidence that we can now say they are being run by confidence men.

Old 12-21-2008, 03:20 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,203,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerDuke08 View Post
Ok whether you agree with the bailout or not ... it's happening ... so the question now is where is the money going, how do we get this money and who over sees it?

YouTube - Stossel on Bailout: Show me the MONEY!
This doesn't really answer your questions but it's a good supplement: an excellent breakdown of the bailout apportionments. An interactive guide to the bailout trillions. - By Chris Wilson and Karim Bardeesy - Slate Magazine

Also see How much is $700 billion? - By Juliet Lapidos - Slate Magazine

Old 12-21-2008, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Press Secretary Dana Perino once said, "I have been instructed not to talk about the dollar ... go ask the treasury" ... what? You mean Bernanke and Paulson? But I don't trust those guy! Whenever one of them holds the mic on national televised TV, the market dips! If we can't even trust the value of money, it's as good as a crumpled up piece of paper tossed in the trash. I gotta imagine Bush and Cheney must've seen her on TV or something ... looked at each other smirking and high fived each other while popping open a bottle of champaign to celebrate even before hiring her ... cute and clueless, just what the big government needs.

YouTube - WH Press Sec NOT ALLOWED to Talk about the Dollar

YouTube - CNBC Ron Paul grills Bernanke, traders cheering 2008.02.27

Old 12-21-2008, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerDuke08 View Post
Press Secretary Dana Perino once said, "I have been instructed not to talk about the dollar ... go ask the treasury" ... what? You mean Bernanke and Paulson? But I don't trust those guy! Whenever one of them holds the mic on national televised TV, the market dips! If we can't even trust the value of money, it's as good as a crumpled up piece of paper tossed in the trash. I gotta imagine Bush and Cheney must've seen her on TV or something ... looked at each other smirking and high fived each other while popping open a bottle of champaign to celebrate even before hiring her ... cute and clueless, just what the big government needs.

YouTube - WH Press Sec NOT ALLOWED to Talk about the Dollar

YouTube - CNBC Ron Paul grills Bernanke, traders cheering 2008.02.27
Well, we can look elsewhere for reliable current and forecast information on the dollar. I think D. Perino isn't supposed to talk about the dollar partly because the economy's machinery isn't the WH's bailiwick - all they could offer would be opinion or an echo of already-known information - and partly for just the reason you cite about Bernanke and Paulson - the dollar is so shaky and fragile and the topic is so fraught that unless the WH, somehow, had exclusive and indisputably GREAT news to share about the dollar, they should just stay out of it. The fewer variables affecting sentiment the better.

Hope that made sense...I'm all hopped up on coffee and cant fall asleep.

Do you want to see something really scary?*

Bloomberg.com: News

Dollar May Be Relegated to Ranges Amidst Holiday Trading - ActionForex.com

Seeking Alpha: 'Peso-fication' of the Dollar Continues

YouTube - Twilight Zone, The Movie - Opening Sequence

Last edited by delusianne; 12-21-2008 at 04:28 AM.. Reason: "That was an Outer Limits." "No, it was a Zone."

Old 12-21-2008, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Well, we can look elsewhere for information on the dollar. I think D. Perino isn't supposed to talk about the dollar partly because the economy's machinery isn't the WH's bailiwick - all they could offer would be opinion or an echo of already-known information - and partly for just the reason you cite about Bernanke and Paulson - the dollar is so shaky and fragile and the topic is so fraught that unless the WH, somehow, had exclusive and indisputably GREAT news to share about the dollar, they should just stay out of it. The fewer variables affecting sentiment the better.

Hope that made sense...I'm all hopped up on coffee and cant fall asleep.

Do you want to see something really scary?*

Bloomberg.com: News

Dollar May Be Relegated to Ranges Amidst Holiday Trading - Forex Trading, Currency Forecast, FX Trading Signal, Forex Training Course, Education, Tutorial, FX Book, Forex ebook, Learn to Trade Forex, FX Guide, Pivot Points, Currency Rates, Forex Secr

YouTube - Twilight Zone, The Movie - Opening Sequence
LOL I am just about to go to bed! Here's 2 things to think about since you seem economic minded this early in the morning ... I'd think you were a day trader if it weren't for a Sunday ...

1) Economy is poor, prices on commodities goes down ... btw I bought gas today for $1.16 a gallon. But come next year, we're assuming the economy is going to be the same or worse ... food prices are anticipated to grow 4% and gas prices to go up let's say to $2.00 by January, where does the dollar go?

2) By injecting $700 billion, possibly more come 1/20 we are thus increasing the money supply and then borrowing debt, increasing the interest on debt on our increasing 12 trillion national debt. Mind you this comes from both sides of the aisle Bush and Obama ... what I mean to say sure we can stimulate consumer confidence in the short run, but how does the next administration look to turn around the economy in the long run? Or do they even have confidence in themselves? Goodnight.

Old 12-21-2008, 04:45 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,586,985 times
This question has been asked by journalists for a while now - and everytime the answer from Paulson is the same - they won't say who is getting the money because they don't want anyone to think those financial institutions are in trouble or it could cause a 'run' on the bank...

Maybe there is some logic to this - but I DON'T trust Paulson as far as I can spit...

Look how he totally changed what he said he was going to do with the money - from buying up troubled mortgages to buying stock in troubled banks...

Old 12-21-2008, 04:50 AM

I started to try to answer, but the short and honest answer is I dont know.

But never mind that negative stuff - here's a slideshow of Suri Cruise in little outfits! Suri's Stylish Year

Old 12-21-2008, 02:18 PM

Quote:
I started to try to answer, but the short and honest answer is I dont know.

But never mind that negative stuff - here's a slideshow of Suri Cruise in little outfits! Suri's Stylish Year
Wow she looks just like Katie, which is a good thing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies