Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 05:21 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,933,584 times

Advertisements

For those of you interested in the a searchable version of the biggest government pork barrel ever here is the site. This most definitely the change I was looking for.

ReadTheStimulus.org?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 05:49 PM

687 posts, read 1,947,271 times
Cool link. But why don't you post some of your observations/criticisms? I can't imagine most people will read 334 pages nor will they know what they need to search for.

Old 01-16-2009, 05:58 PM

492 posts, read 962,453 times
The Biggest Pork Barrel of Them All

????

Congress ! ! !

Old 01-17-2009, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert A View Post
Cool link. But why don't you post some of your observations/criticisms? I can't imagine most people will read 334 pages nor will they know what they need to search for.
The title of the thread gives my opinion, no need to add.

Old 01-17-2009, 03:11 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Well, then -

If you are complaining, that means you must have an alternative in mind.

What would you do to get the economy moving again?

Old 01-17-2009, 06:04 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,070,009 times
Pork tastes mighty good when you are hungry.

Old 01-17-2009, 06:19 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,057,092 times
The problem Republicans and many conservatives of both parties have is that they have no alternative comprehensive plan other then do nothing and let the market play out. The stimulus plan goes against their grain but they are not seeding anything else. The danger they are facing is being seen as the party of obstruction and not the party of solutions.

Old 01-17-2009, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
The problem Republicans and many conservatives of both parties have is that they have no alternative comprehensive plan other then do nothing and let the market play out. The stimulus plan goes against their grain but they are not seeding anything else. The danger they are facing is being seen as the party of obstruction and not the party of solutions.
Pork is pork no matter which pig it is Democrat or Republican. We have heard everyone complaining about pork but now pork is good. Too funny and quite hypocritical. At least I am consistent with my beliefs, while others......

Old 01-17-2009, 10:51 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,584,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
For those of you interested in the a searchable version of the biggest government pork barrel ever here is the site. This most definitely the change I was looking for.

ReadTheStimulus.org?
The Heritage Foundation is a neocon think-tank...

Please try to find something from a non-psychotic organization!!! Why doesn't it list any of the massive PORK from the Bush Administration??? Where is the Bridge to Nowhere? Why focus only on Obama's proposal???

Because the Heritage Foundation is a Republican, neocon group... that's why...

The link you give is like trying to get an impartial Bush analysis from Keith Olberman.

Old 01-17-2009, 11:02 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,219,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Pork is pork no matter which pig it is Democrat or Republican. We have heard everyone complaining about pork but now pork is good. Too funny and quite hypocritical. At least I am consistent with my beliefs, while others......
But you can be consistently wrong. In fact, government spending is not a problem in and of itself.

Building a highway to a bridge that you oppose - that's bad pork

Improving our decaying infrastructure so we can help our economy - good pork

Dumping hundreds of millions of dollars into Iraq subcontractor's pockets - bad pork

Dumping hundreds of millions of dollars into education for our citizens - good pork

That's a consistent view, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies