Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 09:32 AM

32 posts, read 93,745 times

Advertisements

Yeah, Just like all the other presidents. You would have said/done the same thing, so now is the time to not to be surprised. It's been going on forever and will continue.

Change is necessary!!!!That's what people wanted and accept it!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 09:48 AM

870 posts, read 1,627,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
And.....you were the one of the suckers who voted for dubya.
yep....it was a mistake too i guess.....i don't really know how the alternative would have done though. we will see if you guys admit your mistakes after obama does just as bad.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:08 AM

1,761 posts, read 1,714,355 times
This does really worry me. I'm an independent (former Republican more or less) who voted enthuestically for Obama. He does/did indeed seem like a truly different type of politician and above all the rancor and partisanship we've been experiencing recently.

My personal opinion of him will really diminish if he proves to be just one more in a long line of "over promisers" and "under achievers".

Funny how all those promises and high expectations roll off the tongue of candidates during the campaign....and how as soon as the votes are cast they and their advisors start trying to lower expectations and "qualify" all those promises. Makes you realize how stupid they really think we are as citizens and voters.

If Obama delivers anything near what he's promised....he'll be one of the best presidents we've ever had. If he doesn't deliver on much at all....he'll be just another snake oil salesman who had a good line.

Just a quick add on. I remember during the democratic debate between candidate Clinton (hillary) and Obama when obama challenged her on her "promise" during her previous senate campaign to create some astronomical number of jobs in upstate New York and during her first term. I believe they actually lost jobs in that area. Her excuse was of course to blame Bush...oh isn't that convenient ! You knew bush could be president when you promised the jobs...so if you promise additional jobs during a potential bush presidency, shouldn't you expect to produce them during a bush presidency ? Speaking of snake oil salesmen....or saleswomen in this case I guess.

Last edited by jasper1372; 01-11-2009 at 10:18 AM..

Old 01-11-2009, 10:10 AM

1,138 posts, read 3,347,725 times
Am soooo sick of "yes you can".....on the working stiffs dollar!

Old 01-11-2009, 11:03 AM

48,133 posts, read 22,007,656 times
I am truly amazed at how many posters are ready to give up and are just waiting to see America go down the toilet and are hoping that it does. I guess these are the "summer soldiers and sunshine patriots" that Thomas Paine wrote about....who are unprepared to sacrifice or to lend a hand; they have cast their lot for decline and now hope to usher it in. Their cramped minds imprision their hope and vision and they bully buster one another by nay saying.

Old 01-11-2009, 02:08 PM

1,833 posts, read 6,427,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I am truly amazed at how many posters are ready to give up and are just waiting to see America go down the toilet and are hoping that it does. I guess these are the "summer soldiers and sunshine patriots" that Thomas Paine wrote about....who are unprepared to sacrifice or to lend a hand; they have cast their lot for decline and now hope to usher it in. Their cramped minds imprision their hope and vision and they bully buster one another by nay saying.
Sacrifice??? I sacrifice ever April 15th, let's let those collecting a check for nothing sacrifice, let's have government sacrifice, let's have congress sacrifice their $4700 raise, let's SPREAD THE SACRIFICE AROUND!!! The taxpayer, you know the real ones that don't get a refund check have sacrificed until there is nothing left to sacrifice.

Don't give me that garbage. Until I start seeing some fairness in the sacrifice I will not get behind it. I've fought for my country and bled for my country and I've made sacrifices and all I got in return was higher taxes and more people standing around with their hands out.

Old 01-11-2009, 02:56 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Default Obama scaling back some of his campaign promises.

I doubt there has ever been a Newly elected president that hasn't scaled back, I'm more surpised that anyone voted for either clown, they both stood on a poor platform, Tax breaks and health care will not fix the economy.
I hope Obama thinks hard and comes up with something better like putting people back to work in real jobs not made up temporary jobs.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:54 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,193,501 times
Presidents can't change the country....only the people in it can change. For now, greed still seems to be running rampant. Maybe that will change and maybe it won't.

As for Obama, he said a whole bunch of stuff neither he nor anyone else with any political sense could possibly think would be accomplished.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:50 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,517,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Don't hold your breath. Your appeal is on a higher plane than what many of these right-wingers are capable of ascending to. All they know is spin and bile, and that's all we're going to get from them...
Don't forget the hate and bile spread by the far left radicals who are the most wretched "people " in America.

I am glad (as are most people) that Obama seems to be cutting ties with the radical hate groups that backed him. The centrist approach is what the masses want and need to mend the breaks in this country's walls

Old 01-14-2009, 09:17 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,711,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Perhaps this explains why you were so narrowly focused on evil gun control as the big emerging problem with Obama in the mix.
Ok, this is what makes it so hard to engage in intelligent discourse with you. I haven't been on these boards in, like, a year or something. Long before the elections.

When you make up your own arguments and then argue against them, it makes it hard for other people to play
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies