Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 02:00 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,609,273 times

Advertisements

Police shoot handcuffed Man, lying face-down *LAST UPDATE*

Daily Kos: State of the Nation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 05:21 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,084,813 times
I have seen this vid over and over on several sites and TV networks and the only thing I can say is if there was ever a case for a justified public lynching, this would be the case.Your eyes don't lie and they have admitted that the victim was unarmed.That retarded cop should be strung up from a tree for murder 1.

Old 01-09-2009, 05:39 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,300,383 times
Retired cop here folks. Everything I have seen from all the different videos, this is a prime example of excessive use of force...............by that I mean I have seen nothing to indicate that even the deployment of a taser would be justified.

The shooting was and is 2nd degree homicide here in oklahoma.

The taser is........................should...........be taken away from Law enforcement.

IT is being abused......................

Old 01-09-2009, 06:30 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,180,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
I have seen this vid over and over on several sites and TV networks and the only thing I can say is if there was ever a case for a justified public lynching, this would be the case.Your eyes don't lie and they have admitted that the victim was unarmed.That retarded cop should be strung up from a tree for murder 1.
I agree, but that's no reason to riot and destroy the property of innocent people. The rioters in Oakland are even trashing known black owned businesses' storefronts and that makes no sense. Their rioting is unfocused, disorganized and the mark of savages. Obama getting elected president hasn't changed much. I also think that Obama is overdue to make some sort of request that the rioters behave themselves and give the authorities a chance to deal with the situation with that cop.
Quote:
The mob smashed the windows at Creative African Braids on 14th Street, and a woman walked out of the shop holding a baby in her arms.

"This is our business," shouted Leemu Topka, the black owner of the salon she started four years ago. "This is our shop. This is what you call a protest?"

Wednesday night's vandalism victims had nothing to do with the shooting death by a BART police officer of Oscar Grant on New Year's Day - but that did little to sway the mob.

"I feel like the night is going great," said Nia Sykes, 24, of San Francisco, one of the demonstrators. "I feel like Oakland should make some noise. This is how we need to fight back. It's for the murder of a black male."

Sykes, who is black, had little sympathy for the owner of Creative African Braids.

"She should be glad she just lost her business and not her life," Sykes said.
She added that she did have one worry for the night: "I just hope nobody gets shot or killed."

Old 01-09-2009, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
Retired cop here folks. Everything I have seen from all the different videos, this is a prime example of excessive use of force...............by that I mean I have seen nothing to indicate that even the deployment of a taser would be justified.

The shooting was and is 2nd degree homicide here in oklahoma.

The taser is........................should...........be taken away from Law enforcement.

IT is being abused......................
REP2U

Old 01-09-2009, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I agree, but that's no reason to riot and destroy the property of innocent people. The rioters in Oakland are even trashing known black owned businesses' storefronts and that makes no sense. Their rioting is unfocused, disorganized and the mark of savages. Obama getting elected president hasn't changed much. I also think that Obama is overdue to make some sort of request that the rioters behave themselves and give the authorities a chance to deal with the situation with that cop.
I'm not advocating a riot at all....I said "if there was ever a case for a justified public lynching, this would be the case"....not a justified case for rioting.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:52 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,769,842 times
I do not at all think this was justified but it is obvious that the man was resisting. I don't know why some people don't learn that, if the police tell you to do something, you must obey and do what the police tell you to do. If people did, less of them would get hurt or killed. You don't argue the policeman, call him names, fight with him or run from him. You do what he tells you to do and you will be fine.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:38 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,343,722 times
The guy was SITTING on the side, doing NOTHING until they suddenly went over there and started harrassing him.

And, then, when he was DOWN with the cop's knee on his back, he shoots him execution-style.

The cop should definitely be tried for MURDER, plain and simple. Nothing less.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:56 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I knew our resident hater of black folk would chime in on this thread.................

Old 01-09-2009, 07:58 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,411,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I do not at all think this was justified but it is obvious that the man was resisting. I don't know why some people don't learn that, if the police tell you to do something, you must obey and do what the police tell you to do. If people did, less of them would get hurt or killed. You don't argue the policeman, call him names, fight with him or run from him. You do what he tells you to do and you will be fine.
Unfortunately this is the breed of kids who are now coming of age.

The "you can't touch me!!" bunch.

Right up from elementary school, parents have coddled their kids and protected them from bullies. Protected them from teachers who scold them ("how DARE you scold my child!!"). Hell, protected them from germs.

Here's the batch that we've produced. Two types:

1. Crybabies who can't hack real life; they run to their lawyers if someone says something that offends them.

2. Thugs who believe that they're invincible and nobody can touch them. These same people turn around and injure, rob, rape, and shoot others at will.

This guy might have been doing nothing but would have done well to cooperate with the cops.

No, of COURSE it was wrong to shoot him (didn't see the video) obviously. But fact is, he'd be alive right now if he'd shown some damn diplomacy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies