Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 09:48 AM

2,079 posts, read 6,115,292 times

Advertisements

Since the president's version of bipartisan really means the Republicans caving like cowards to his and the Democrat's spending plan and Nancy Pelosi's version of bipartisan really means the Republicans simply attending a stimulus plan meeting, Rush Limbaugh has come up with the only truly bipartisan as defined by the dictionary plan. Hear me out before you just disregard what I am about to describe simply due to the fact I just criticized the beloved Democrats and brought up Rush.

Since the Democrats are proposing spending $1 trillion on a stimulus package on infrastructure, schools, contraceptives (Nancy Pelosi believes eliminating human life through "family planning" i.e. abortion will help the economy which proves too many points), etc, and 53% of the general population voted for Obama and his plans and 46% voted for McCain, and we will throw in the extra 1% who voted for wackos to the Obama group. 54% of the trillion dollars should go towards spending as the Democrats and the president see fit and 46% should go towards tax cuts.

Let the Democrats choose how to pork up their 54%, but let most of the tax cuts go towards businesses, since so many Americans have lost jobs and need their jobs back, we should cut the corporate tax in half (from 35% the highest in the world to 18%) and give the capital gains tax a three month break. Just because there are some Americans out there that cannot figure out that helping the businesses really helps them, and because the housing market needs a break, too, some real estate taxes should be cut and maybe some income or personal taxes. It has been proven that every time taxes are cut in a recession, the recession takes a lot less time to recover, just look at JFK, Reagan, and Bush for examples.

Rush thinks (and I agree) that this Democrat porkulus package is just another New Deal that is not designed to stimulate the economy but rather to secure Democrat power for another 50 years just like FDR's New Deal did, and the New Deal prolonged the depression and at times made it worse all the way until the war, and we are still dealing with his New Deal in the form of Social Security and other drastic measures (which Social Security is a government Ponzi Scheme that makes Madoff look like a Piker).

So, to conclude, we can see two different plans at work side by side, and it is truly bipartisan and fair, and we can end the argument once and for all which method works, government spending and increasing the debt or tax cuts. I think just the mention of tax cuts in the corporate and financial sector will make the markets react very positively. Our markets have been looking at Washington instead of the markets for indicators, and that is backwards to how it should be, but our government has gotten too powerful. The markets are not doing well as anyone can see.

Thoughts and opinions appreciated. Please read the whole post before you start clamoring.

The Obama-Limbaugh Bipartisan Stimulus Plan of 2009
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2009, 10:52 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Limbaugh should stick with what he does best... educate utterly clueless people, and build a herd of sheeple. He will be fine as long as he doesn't take his "brilliance" to the rest of us.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:57 AM

The Pew Research Institute, Rasmussen, and Gallup have done polls proving that Rush's audience is the most informed by a large margin (even moreso than Fox ).

Old 01-27-2009, 11:07 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimms3 View Post
Since the president's version of bipartisan really means the Republicans caving like cowards to his and the Democrat's spending plan and Nancy Pelosi's version of bipartisan really means the Republicans simply attending a stimulus plan meeting, Rush Limbaugh has come up with the only truly bipartisan as defined by the dictionary plan. Hear me out before you just disregard what I am about to describe simply due to the fact I just criticized the beloved Democrats and brought up Rush.

Since the Democrats are proposing spending $1 trillion on a stimulus package on infrastructure, schools, contraceptives (Nancy Pelosi believes eliminating human life through "family planning" i.e. abortion will help the economy which proves too many points), etc, and 53% of the general population voted for Obama and his plans and 46% voted for McCain, and we will throw in the extra 1% who voted for wackos to the Obama group. 54% of the trillion dollars should go towards spending as the Democrats and the president see fit and 46% should go towards tax cuts.

Let the Democrats choose how to pork up their 54%, but let most of the tax cuts go towards businesses, since so many Americans have lost jobs and need their jobs back, we should cut the corporate tax in half (from 35% the highest in the world to 18%) and give the capital gains tax a three month break. Just because there are some Americans out there that cannot figure out that helping the businesses really helps them, and because the housing market needs a break, too, some real estate taxes should be cut and maybe some income or personal taxes. It has been proven that every time taxes are cut in a recession, the recession takes a lot less time to recover, just look at JFK, Reagan, and Bush for examples.

Rush thinks (and I agree) that this Democrat porkulus package is just another New Deal that is not designed to stimulate the economy but rather to secure Democrat power for another 50 years just like FDR's New Deal did, and the New Deal prolonged the depression and at times made it worse all the way until the war, and we are still dealing with his New Deal in the form of Social Security and other drastic measures (which Social Security is a government Ponzi Scheme that makes Madoff look like a Piker).

So, to conclude, we can see two different plans at work side by side, and it is truly bipartisan and fair, and we can end the argument once and for all which method works, government spending and increasing the debt or tax cuts. I think just the mention of tax cuts in the corporate and financial sector will make the markets react very positively. Our markets have been looking at Washington instead of the markets for indicators, and that is backwards to how it should be, but our government has gotten too powerful. The markets are not doing well as anyone can see.

Thoughts and opinions appreciated. Please read the whole post before you start clamoring.

The Obama-Limbaugh Bipartisan Stimulus Plan of 2009

No wonder right wing nutters get this reputation as mindless dittoheads. They look to Limbaugh for their economic guidance.

I think the rest of us can take a look around and clearly see the effects of 8 years of nutjob economic policy. But keep your eyes closed and continue to listen to Rush for your daily marching orders.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:35 AM

799 posts, read 1,445,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
No wonder right wing nutters get this reputation as mindless dittoheads. They look to Limbaugh for their economic guidance.

I think the rest of us can take a look around and clearly see the effects of 8 years of nutjob economic policy. But keep your eyes closed and continue to listen to Rush for your daily marching orders.

What would you change about our economic policy?

Old 01-27-2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimms3 View Post
The Pew Research Institute, Rasmussen, and Gallup have done polls proving that Rush's audience is the most informed by a large margin (even moreso than Fox ).
I was well informed about quantum mechanics while in middle school. It didn't make me an expert on the subject however.

Comprehension, ability to analyze and be aware of implications, good and bad, requires a balanced mind, things that go well beyond "being informed".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majordomo View Post
What would you change about our economic policy?
- Necessary regulations
- Accountability (part of regulations)
- Avoiding ideologies and being pragmatic, continuously evaluating what works and what doesn't. This requires an active participation.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:52 AM

419 posts, read 602,825 times
I personally dont listen to Rush but I dont see listening to Rush any different then those on msnbc.
Chris Matthews. Keith or whats her name from Air America

Old 01-27-2009, 11:55 AM

419 posts, read 602,825 times
I dont get how cutting taxes on business to create jobs is such a terrible thing. Isnt this stimulus package suppose to be about creating jobs?

I dont want to spend money to just blow it on whatever is on democrats wish list

Old 01-27-2009, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plovedupont View Post
I personally dont listen to Rush but I dont see listening to Rush any different then those on msnbc.
Chris Matthews. Keith or whats her name from Air America
The difference is msnbc people and Chris Matthews and all those members of the elite media personally attack conservatives, their families, etc and do not report on issues that could bring scandal to democrats. Rush attacks policy. He leaves personal attacks out of it.

I watched NBC the night before the election and Keith Olberman did a report on how Cheney through out his back lifting boxes to move to his new home, and he got the crowd all cheering and what not that Cheney hurt himself. Air America is a huge failure because there was not one inkling of truth (only hate) that came out of that show and nobody listened.

Old 01-27-2009, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plovedupont View Post
I dont get how cutting taxes on business to create jobs is such a terrible thing. Isnt this stimulus package suppose to be about creating jobs?
Because there is no proof that it does, while there is plenty of proof that it does more harm than good. Tax cuts, especially if made permanent, can actually result in negative returns. This is also evident in slow to non-recovery of our economy, and rising debt over last eight years.

Here's an article based on a study at Moody's, on returns per dollar spent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies