Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2009, 11:32 PM

3,982 posts, read 10,478,205 times

Advertisements

so for those against the idea of UHC, do you have any suggestions for the millions that go without?

other than "stay healthy"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2009, 11:41 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,301,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalblue View Post
so for those against the idea of UHC, do you have any suggestions for the millions that go without?

Why would they care? According to many of them, most of the uninsured choose to be uninsured, or they're illegal immigrants, or just poor decision makers

Old 03-28-2009, 12:26 AM

488 posts, read 1,178,752 times
OK, maybe somebody can help me out with this one.
Who is responsible to pay my rent or house payment?
Who is responsible to make my car payment?
Who is responsible to buy my food?
Who is responsible to put gas in my car?
Who is responsible to pay my electric bill?
Who is responsible to pay my water bill?
Who is responsible to pay my phone bill?
Who is responsible to pay for my cable TV?
Who is responsible to pay my dentist bill?
Who is responsible to pay my doctor bill?

Am I responsible for my own bills or is the government responsible for my bills?

Old 03-28-2009, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerat View Post
OK, maybe somebody can help me out with this one.
Who is responsible to pay my rent or house payment?
Who is responsible to make my car payment?
Who is responsible to buy my food?
Who is responsible to put gas in my car?
Who is responsible to pay my electric bill?
Who is responsible to pay my water bill?
Who is responsible to pay my phone bill?
Who is responsible to pay for my cable TV?
Who is responsible to pay my dentist bill?
Who is responsible to pay my doctor bill?

Am I responsible for my own bills or is the government responsible for my bills?
*yawns*

Old 03-28-2009, 12:43 AM

1,767 posts, read 2,403,552 times
lakerat no need for light weight **it here.... I need a link to those who know the legal community is not a supporter of single payer health care. It would be a real damper on their income (ambulance chasers)

Old 03-28-2009, 12:54 AM

1,767 posts, read 2,403,552 times
"Having a comprehensive and well utilized medical risk management documentation process embedded in your facility’s day to day operations plays full-proof the defensibility of your practice and staff, provides measurable evidence of patient progress and creates a standardized, systematic approach for every stage and step of patient care. That said, UHC understands the need to streamline and reduce administrative paperwork and increase time providing direct patient care." Lord knows I want to provide the link...this is vailed extortion. Give me a break.. "full proof"!

Old 03-28-2009, 12:58 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,060,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCreass View Post
Why would they care? According to many of them, most of the uninsured choose to be uninsured, or they're illegal immigrants, or just poor decision makers
I'm currently on Cobra so my insurance is temporary unless I can obtain a full-time position in my field. I would greatly benefit from a UHC as I have a "pre-existing" condition. Fortunately, the "pre-existing" condition does not require treatment or regular doctor visits. Even so, I would have a challenging time purchasing insurance on my own. As you can see, I could possibly be one of those "uninsured" but I'm against UHC.

Old 03-28-2009, 06:11 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,791,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalblue View Post

No, it would be much cheaper and efficient to buy the uninsured private insurance. The government does very few things better than the private sector, and providing cost effective healthcare isn't one of them.

Old 03-28-2009, 07:18 AM

90,296 posts, read 121,027,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
No, it would be much cheaper and efficient to buy the uninsured private insurance. The government does very few things better than the private sector, and providing cost effective healthcare isn't one of them.
Then why does the US spend so much more per capita on health care than countries with UHC, where the majority of "uninsured" in this country would be covered? How is this being done so cheaply here? Please show me.

Old 03-28-2009, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I disagree...all you'd be doing is further lining the pockets of corrupt, greedy private insurance with taxpayers' money.

From a $$$ perspective, how would this bring costs down anyway?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies