Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 11:04 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,942,380 times

Advertisements

Interesting info on the stimulus package and climatologists:

"President Barack Obama's trillion dollar stimulus plan, has morphed into an appropriations bill devoid of debate. The process forgoes any pretense of targeting unemployed people and resources. For instance, the bill reads 'Provided further, that not less than $140,000,000 shall be available for climate data modeling.' This raises the question of how many unemployed climate modelers are out there pounding the pavement. When presented with that question, last Friday, Pat Michaels, former president of the American Association of State Climatologists stated 'I don't know one unemployed modeler.'

"Whether or not another $140,000,000 for climate data modeling is a good idea, it is hard to see an immediate, economy-stimulating impact from this item. This establishes that if you're a climate modeler, you get money from the federal government. This government is the Obama government. They want to propagate this manmade global warming hoax. You take money from them for your climate computer models, when you don't even need it? What, do I wonder, are your results going to show? Exactly what Obama wants.

This is why I'm very skeptical of all these supposely expert climatologists about Global warming.....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2009, 11:27 AM

114 posts, read 180,401 times
Reminds me of the pervasive pictures showing a bear clinging to a tiny iceberg, and this is the picture seen in most of the global warming propaganda, and in children's books to sell the idea of global warming. Of course, what they don't disclose is that this is how polar bears travel, and this is a fact that any scientist knows. So why then resort to false advertisement to sell global warming?

Old 01-31-2009, 01:54 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,277,416 times
I'm sorry, but if you believe climate change is a "hoax," you live under a rock.

Old 01-31-2009, 01:59 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,881,181 times
Im sorry but if you dont believe climate change is a hoax you live under a rock

Old 01-31-2009, 02:00 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
This is what I love about the lunatic fringe/climate change denial crowd: They can so easily boil science down to pure politics.

And, with climate change very real, and presently getting worse as we humans continue to spew filth into the ozone and atmosphere, it seems that it is upsetting to the fringer's that any monies for RESEARCH on how to STOP it is being spent

Not a peep, however, was heard while billions went missing, unaccounted for, in Iraq.

Of course, if we were really serious about spending money on climate change, it might be a good example to follow the Netherlands example and invest in the infrastructure that might delay the inevitable effects it will have on coastal cities.

Old 01-31-2009, 02:00 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
Im sorry but if you dont believe climate change is a hoax you live under a rock
exactly...

Old 01-31-2009, 02:05 PM

4,697 posts, read 6,447,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
I'm sorry, but if you believe climate change is a "hoax," you live under a rock.
Exactly!

Old 01-31-2009, 02:12 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,786,757 times
Even if climate change is a fraud, why would you want to continue to support an infrastructure that thrives on non-renewable resources?
What will we do when all the oil runs out or when gas is $6? I'm sure people will be wanting alternatives.
Why would you not want to support technology that doesn't make air pollution worse?
I could go on and on but I won't.....

If only there was a smiley that shook its head.

Old 01-31-2009, 02:27 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,942,380 times
Oh my,

Oh dear... oh my... we'll all doomed...the sky is falling....

Old 01-31-2009, 02:34 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveTodayLez08 View Post
Even if climate change is a fraud, why would you want to continue to support an infrastructure that thrives on non-renewable resources?
I wouldn't... I would want to move towards renewable energy BUT I wouldn't want to make a fraudulent scheme that stands to make TRILLIONS of dollars from people through "hidden" taxes like the carbon credit system.... the wealthy already have enough money already, lets not give them another way into my pocket... especially one with fraudulent science... I don't mind supporting solar energy technology and in fact, will gladly give my EXTRA tax dollars for it... but don't con me to give money to the rich and keep global warming fanatics employed, I am too smart for that...

Quote:
What will we do when all the oil runs out or when gas is $6? I'm sure people will be wanting alternatives.
I LOVE alternatives... this isn't the point... the point is they are TRYING to make hidden taxes on you to benefit the wealthy with fraudulent (albeit, hip science)... NO freaking WAY...

Quote:
Why would you not want to support technology that doesn't make air pollution worse?
I could go on and on but I won't.....

If only there was a smiley that shook its head.
Sure I am ALL for decreasing air pollution like sulfur, chlorine, ozone, etc. etc..... CO2 isn't pollution just as water vapor isn't pollution...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies