Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2013, 07:04 AM

4,800 posts, read 3,511,121 times

Advertisements

Due to polotics in DC, IT seems we are one of the many pawns being used to get what each side wants. Whatever yoir side is, i dont care. But, has anyone found concrete evidence stating we will get paychecks on the first of Nov?.
Please no dems/pubs battles, just looking for assurance of pay or no pay, as some of us need it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2013, 07:10 AM

46,309 posts, read 27,124,387 times
I recieved this from DFAS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Just recieved this in case some do not get the emails from DFAS:

Retirees and Annuitants,

You will continue to receive your pay on time during this government shutdown.

Military retirees and annuitants are not paid from Continuing Resolution Act (CRA) appropriations. Therefore, your payments are not affected by this shutdown.

For more information, please visit

Federal Government shutdown
Government Shutdown: Frequently Asked Questions

Federal Government shutdown FAQs

Please do not respond to this message. Replies to this message are routed to an unmonitoredmailbox.

Kevin Hart

Deputy Director, Retired and Annuitant Pay

Delivered by Defense Finance and Accounting Service

Old 10-08-2013, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I recieved this from DFAS:
Thanks. I was under the impression if they dont get funded by 17 Oct, debt cieling raised it would halt pay, benefits etc.
Just a tad confused now adays with all the spin in the media.

Old 10-08-2013, 07:16 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,855,436 times
Anyone know how this will affect the GI Bill?

Old 10-08-2013, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudcommando View Post
Anyone know how this will affect the GI Bill?
I emailed the college i am working with. They usually get back fast. No reply in a week.

Old 10-08-2013, 07:20 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,941,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Due to polotics in DC, IT seems we are one of the many pawns being used to get what each side wants. Whatever yoir side is, i dont care. But, has anyone found concrete evidence stating we will get paychecks on the first of Nov?.
Please no dems/pubs battles, just looking for assurance of pay or no pay, as some of us need it.
I receive $888/mo for service connected disability due to exposure to agent orange. While it's nice pocket change I am fortunate I don't need to have it.

So far I haven't heard of any cut off of funds and that I doubt will happen but this president is so clueless I suppose anything could happen.

Old 10-08-2013, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
I receive $888/mo for service connected disability due to exposure to agent orange. While it's nice pocket change I am fortunate I don't need to have it.

So far I haven't heard of any cut off of funds and that I doubt will happen but this president is so clueless I suppose anything could happen.
I agree. But dfas/va arent being proactive to keep people updated on whats going on.
And thanks for your service in Vietnam. Dad was exposed to that crap too. Brouht me a nice Chicom 7.62 pistol though, as i digress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies