Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 04:55 PM

664 posts, read 773,932 times

Advertisements

I haven't seen this on here, but if someone else has posted about this, please feel free to join or delete this thread.

I really wish we had a media in this country that would hold the people in office accountable for crap like this. It comes as no surprise that the liberal media, in mass cahoots with the Obama administration, have failed to bring this to the public's eyes.

I wonder what the liberals on this forum who I see starting threads and attacking anything Republican will have to say about this in defense. What excuse will be brought forth?

Gateway Pundit (http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2010/04/breaking-news-dems-hid-damning-health-care-report-from-public-until-a-month-after-vote/ - broken link)

Quote:
A damning health care report generated by actuaries at the Health and Human Services (HHS) Department was given to HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius more than a week before the health care vote. She hid the report from the public until a month after democrats rammed their nationalized health care bill through Congress.

The results from the report were troubling. The report released by Medicare and Medicaid actuaries shows that medical costs will skyrocket rising $389 billion in 10 years. 14 million will lose their employer-based coverage. Millions of Americans will be left without insurance. And, millions more may be dumped into the already overwhelmed Medicaid system. 4 million American families will be hit with tax penalties under this new law.

Of course, these were ALL things that President Obama and Democratic leaders assured us would not happen.
Quote:
The analysis, performed by Medicare’s Office of the Actuary, which in the past has been identified as a “nonpolitical” office, set off alarm bells when submitted. “We know a copy was sent to the White House via their legislative affairs staff,” says the HHS staffer, “and there were a number of meetings here almost right after the analysis was submitted to the secretary’s office. Everyone went into lockdown, and people here were too scared to go public with the report.”

In the end, the report was released several weeks after the vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 05:03 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,212,851 times
Harry Truman was right when he likened the political arena as being akin to a w h o r e house.

All in all, this kind of deception to advance a political agenda is par for the course. And it's Average Joe and Jane who get stuck with the fallout while those who foist it upon us are sheltered.

Old 04-27-2010, 06:50 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,097,596 times
*** BOOM ***

There goes your balloon again...you really should fact check before just posting willy-nilly OP. Not everyone is as gullible as you are.

The Prowler strikes again: Right-wing media run with dubious claim that HHS "hid damning health care report" | Media Matters for America

Quote:
The right-wing media have seized on a dubious, anonymously sourced post on The American Spectator's Washington Prowler blog which claimed that the Department of Health and Human Services kept a Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) report on health care reform a secret until after the health care vote. However, this claim is undermined by the fact that one day before the House voted on the legislation, the chief actuary of CMS, Richard S. Foster, said that CMS would be unable to issue an updated analysis before the House vote; in addition, the Washington Prowler has a history of printing dubious, anonymously sourced claims.

Xin Loi sucka...

Old 04-27-2010, 09:05 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
"too scared to go public". I guess that's how this administration is being run.
Why bother with any analysis and reports from experts. Make them up as they go so they can sell their goods to the American people.

I wonder how these people sleep at night..

Old 04-27-2010, 09:06 PM

948 posts, read 894,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mn311601 View Post
I haven't seen this on here, but if someone else has posted about this, please feel free to join or delete this thread.

I really wish we had a media in this country that would hold the people in office accountable for crap like this. It comes as no surprise that the liberal media, in mass cahoots with the Obama administration, have failed to bring this to the public's eyes.

I wonder what the liberals on this forum who I see starting threads and attacking anything Republican will have to say about this in defense. What excuse will be brought forth?

Gateway Pundit (http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2010/04/breaking-news-dems-hid-damning-health-care-report-from-public-until-a-month-after-vote/ - broken link)
Most people with common sense already knew this.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:27 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
True..there's no way a government can take on millions, subsidize those people and millions more and MAKE money off it..no way.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:31 PM

948 posts, read 894,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
True..there's no way a government can take on millions, subsidize those people and millions more and MAKE money off it..no way.
The Govt hasn't yet conquered the vast untapped technology of the calculator yet.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:55 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
*** BOOM ***

There goes your balloon again...you really should fact check before just posting willy-nilly OP. Not everyone is as gullible as you are.

The Prowler strikes again: Right-wing media run with dubious claim that HHS "hid damning health care report" | Media Matters for America

Xin Loi sucka...
I don't really think that anything from MediaMatters is anything but far left spin and this surely is that.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:30 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,852,080 times
Well roysoldboy, you may not believe mediamatters but how about FoxNews? By later today they were saying that they had failed to do their research. Of course I'm sure Sean and you know better, right?

Old 04-27-2010, 10:40 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
Well roysoldboy, you may not believe mediamatters but how about FoxNews? By later today they were saying that they had failed to do their research. Of course I'm sure Sean and you know better, right?
I don't care for Hannity or O'Reilly so remember that, if you can.

Now we all know what Soros had MediaMatters created to do but I don't think that that is what the creator of Fox had in mind.

Hey, how often do you watch Fox News? Do you know the difference in that one and the other Fox channels? I didn't think so but that puts you in the majority among lefties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies