Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 03:32 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
You hit the nail on the head. There is no difference, and there in lies a major problem. Bush was a failed president and Obama promised "CHANGE".
This isn't change, just more of the same B.S. we saw from Bush.

Obama = Bush

I guess Obama will be a failed presidency just like Bush.
Anything is possible these days I guess,but I pray that you are wrong .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2009, 03:39 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
I sincerely hope that Obama's presidency would not be a failure but I am concerned with the road we are heading down with all of these bailouts and stimulus programs. I really cannot afford more taxes as I brough in less than 45,000 last year.
I know the feeling....it seems the state of IL and the feds are clearing WAY more money on me than I am right now....looks good on paper,but when I reach in my back pocket ,all I feel is a fat butt,no money.

Old 02-22-2009, 06:16 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Since I found out I'm a coward capitalist pig who should fear the future of America from someone who ran on hope and change from people who evaded taxes and defended known criminal organizations who later felt obligated to apologize for that backing and some not even willing to be put to the public test....

I'm going to see if I can get a psychiatrist.

2 months should get me 1 hour.

Old 02-22-2009, 06:19 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canerican View Post
If you are going to make statements like that could you back them by some facts?

Obama has already added almost a trillion to the deficit in a month (I know its not on the books yet, but he has done that, effectively). He's on pace to have a $40T deficit at the end of four years. Awesome!

How the heck is the planet dying?

And how did Pres. Bush make big businesses get rewarded for abandoning our workers?

YES I'M GLAD I VOTED FOR BUSH. I'M ALSO GLAD THAT I DIDN"T VOTE FOR THAT BUFFOON B. HUSSEIN OBAMA

By highlighting Obama's middle name, are you celebrating your bigotry or do you actually think there is some significance to his having one of the most common names in the world?

Perhaps you thought everybody should be named Jim George Smith. Then you can say "He's one of us!"

ignorance.

Old 02-22-2009, 06:25 PM

'I, Barack Hussein Obama, ...' : NPR

The trouble with our liberal friends is that rule of thumb. When you point your finger at someone you have three pointed back at you. They made a story a long time ago...something like a "boy cried wolf". You'll find out.

Old 02-22-2009, 09:09 PM

Ummm - the individual highlighted "Hussein" to give it significance. I was simply wondering what the significance was - it certainly wasn't with the intention of celebrating his multi-cultural, international heritage, my conservative friend.

Old 02-22-2009, 10:38 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Ummm - the individual highlighted "Hussein" to give it significance. I was simply wondering what the significance was - it certainly wasn't with the intention of celebrating his multi-cultural, international heritage, my conservative friend.
Didn't Obama take the oath of office, at least once, using his middle name? I won't repeat it because I don't want to be called a name for using it but he did use it the time he was sworn in in public.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:37 AM

Oh my god. Yes, he uses his middle name all the time. If you look at the post in question, the word "Hussein" is highlighted in a different color within the context of a very negative post about Obama.

That's very different than simply "using" his middle name. The author was quite obviously trying to suggest that

a) he is Muslim and
b) there's something wrong with that (which there certainly isn't).

Enough. End of this topic.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Oh my god. Yes, he uses his middle name all the time. If you look at the post in question, the word "Hussein" is highlighted in a different color within the context of a very negative post about Obama.

That's very different than simply "using" his middle name. The author was quite obviously trying to suggest that

a) he is Muslim and
b) there's something wrong with that (which there certainly isn't).

Enough. End of this topic.
W. didn't bother you for 8 years did it? How about monkey? Dubya? Georgie? Bushies? Any of that bug you or is it only bad if it's against your fuhrer?

Last edited by BigJon3475; 02-23-2009 at 07:45 AM.. Reason: grammar

Old 02-23-2009, 07:43 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
If he had cut spending how would "DICK'S" little buddies at Haliburton have survived??

Or the oil companies.

The war in Iraq sure did make some folks rich.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies