Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 03:27 PM

362 posts, read 775,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerP View Post
Its because the black people who are around them let them get away with that crap. Its definitely a younger generation thing. But hopefully, they are smart enough to only use it around the black people they are comfortable with because if they try to be cool and say it to a stranger, especially in my neighborhood, they're gonna get tossed up.

whatever ni33a. We know we can use it becuase we've been given a pass. I prefer not to use it, but I have on ocassion, and I don't even have to know you to say it. I just say it. confront me if you'd like, and see what happens.

Old 02-26-2009, 04:27 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,060,196 times
I was unaware of this, but then again, I do not hang out with people who speak in slang.

Old 02-26-2009, 04:33 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,626,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
I have seen several times many hispanics usually cuban, dominican, columbian, mexican, and puerto rican. Call themselves the n word in a way of greeting each other. Right infront of other black people. Infact my puerto ricans friends use the word more than some of the black people i know. Now I have never heard white people call themselves the n word in my presence. Until I went to a college party last weekend. And heard some of the young men say whats up my ''ni33a''. I wasn't shock about the usage of the word. I was shock because most whites even one's with black friends don't use the word infront of black people. Even the white rapper eminem says he doesn't use the word. So I was more shock that they actually said it infront of me. Hispanics usually say it infront of me and other blacks all the time though. I guess they know black people don't care if they say it. Even some of my asian friends who are thai, korean, chinese, japanese, and filipino use the word too. I know its mostly a younger generation thing. The people are all 26 and under.

What are your thoughts and opinions on this? Have you ever heard non-black people call themselves the n word?

Nobody is using the word to be racist or to belittle. Most people were using the word in the context.
'' Whats up my n###''

''Or stop playing n####''.

''Yall n###'' crazy''.

I know alot of older blacks especially one's over the age of 40. Get very mad when some younger black kids use the word. I don't understand why some non-blacks are calling themselves the n word. I don't see people calling themselves crackas, honkys, or horibble words for asians, or latinos.
To the OP: the answer only takes a few seconds to type in. It's because they think it's "cool." Plain and simple. That's also why these same empty-headed kids run around wearing pants halfway down their butts--they don't even know that "style" comes from prisons. They see other people their own age dressed that way, and so they don't even give any thought to doing anything else.

Old 02-26-2009, 04:35 PM

493 posts, read 666,168 times
Ignorance. Lack of class. Whatever you like.

Old 02-26-2009, 04:48 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,234,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPC2000 View Post
whatever ni33a. We know we can use it becuase we've been given a pass. I prefer not to use it, but I have on ocassion, and I don't even have to know you to say it. I just say it. confront me if you'd like, and see what happens.
LOL, ok e-thug.

Old 03-02-2009, 11:30 AM

493 posts, read 666,168 times
I hear the new thing among the black kids is to call each other "president" (ie; "wassup my president?") Kind of catchy and funny I guess.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:16 AM

983 posts, read 3,600,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
I have seen several times many hispanics usually cuban, dominican, columbian, mexican, and puerto rican. Call themselves the n word in a way of greeting each other. Right infront of other black people. Infact my puerto ricans friends use the word more than some of the black people i know. Now I have never heard white people call themselves the n word in my presence. Until I went to a college party last weekend. And heard some of the young men say whats up my ''ni33a''. I wasn't shock about the usage of the word. I was shock because most whites even one's with black friends don't use the word infront of black people. Even the white rapper eminem says he doesn't use the word. So I was more shock that they actually said it infront of me. Hispanics usually say it infront of me and other blacks all the time though. I guess they know black people don't care if they say it. Even some of my asian friends who are thai, korean, chinese, japanese, and filipino use the word too. I know its mostly a younger generation thing. The people are all 26 and under.

What are your thoughts and opinions on this? Have you ever heard non-black people call themselves the n word?

Nobody is using the word to be racist or to belittle. Most people were using the word in the context.
'' Whats up my n###''

''Or stop playing n####''.

''Yall n###'' crazy''.

I know alot of older blacks especially one's over the age of 40. Get very mad when some younger black kids use the word. I don't understand why some non-blacks are calling themselves the n word. I don't see people calling themselves crackas, honkys, or horibble words for asians, or latinos.
Interesting question. I personally don't have any problem with that. In most cases, the N-word is used as a term of endearment. So in the right context, it's actually pretty sweet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies