Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 02:56 PM

11 posts, read 15,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
I don't even think Pat Buchanan is this ridiculous. I think it's a kootr fake.
Cute tactic, but it won't work. source: PJB: A Brief for Whitey | Patrick J. Buchanan - Official Website

Everyone here knows that article was written, and so far, I haven't seen one person refute its facts (which to be redundant, can easily be footnoted).

Quote:
No people anywhere has done more to lift up blacks than white Americans. Untold trillions have been spent since the ’60s on welfare, food stamps, rent supplements, Section 8 housing, Pell grants, student loans, legal services, Medicaid, Earned Income Tax Credits and poverty programs designed to bring the African-American community into the mainstream.

Governments, businesses and colleges have engaged in discrimination against white folks — with affirmative action, contract set-asides and quotas — to advance black applicants over white applicants.

Churches, foundations, civic groups, schools and individuals all over America have donated time and money to support soup kitchens, adult education, day care, retirement and nursing homes for blacks.
Again, add up the trillions, add to that the IMF and World Bank subsidies, foreign aid, AIDS care, missionary workers.....nobody has done more for black people. If black people want to put their lives in the hands of thugs like ANC and Mugabe or a host of other corrupt leaders -- then they are free to do so -- but hardly any black american does so. End of story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 03:06 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
[quote=gsupstate;7822486]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post

I have Italian friends and they call themselves simply American. My best friend now lives here was born in Vancouver and she simply calls herself American. My partner is Jewish and he doesn't call himself a "Jewish American", he calls himself an American.

Again, if everyone REALLY wants to "talk" about race, maybe the black community should stop self segregating.......start being Americans, not "African-Americans". It isn't the white community that created "Black Entertainment Television", the white community didn't create the "Congressional Black Caucus". Stop self segregating. Isn't segregation what MLK stood against???? He would roll over in his grave.
Black people "self-segregate" as a response to centuries of legal, and/or de facto societal, cultural, economic and social segregation that was imposed on them by White America. It's as simple as that. If we weren't held apart before, we wouldn't have a need to hold ourselves apart now.

Old 03-10-2009, 03:08 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post

Isn't segregation what MLK stood against???? He would roll over in his grave
.[/quote]

MLK did not stand against segregation; he stood up against the discrimination that led to segregation. If there were true equality in every aspect of this society, there would be no need for segregation, nor any desire to do so amongst blacks or whites or others.

Stop distorting MLK's words, philosophies and visions.

Old 03-10-2009, 03:13 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,863,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post

Black people "self-segregate" as a response to centuries of legal, and/or de facto societal, cultural, economic and social segregation that was imposed on them by White America. It's as simple as that. If we weren't held apart before, we wouldn't have a need to hold ourselves apart now.
OK, if you CHOOSE to segregate yourself, then don't fuss when other groups choose to segergate themselves.

What you posted is the biggest crock I've ever read. We don't create dialogue by self-segregating, and that goes for any and all groups....white, black, Hispanic, Jewish, gay, straight.

Old 03-10-2009, 03:13 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GayleSt View Post

Again, add up the trillions, add to that the IMF and World Bank subsidies, foreign aid, AIDS care, missionary workers.....nobody has done more for black people. If black people want to put their lives in the hands of thugs like ANC and Mugabe or a host of other corrupt leaders -- then they are free to do so -- but hardly any black american does so. End of story.
So let me get this straight, African Americans pay no taxes, don't work as missionaries, aren't doctors, nurses or AID's researchers? Or am I missing something?

As for the ANC and Mugabe, et.al, well that's just a stupid comment and we'll leave it at that.

Old 03-10-2009, 03:19 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,302,796 times
As usual, white people always know what's best for us Moderator cut: inappropriate. The fact that we aren't grateful to even be in this country on equal footing with them so blessed by God is an abomination unto itself.

Is that about right?

Last edited by katzenfreund; 03-13-2009 at 11:25 AM..

Old 03-10-2009, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
.If there were true equality in every aspect of this society, there would be no need for segregation, nor any desire to do so amongst blacks or whites or others.
That is fundamentally false and it defies nature.

People voluntarily self-segregate and that is Mother Nature at work. Nothing will ever change it, despite the best efforts of marxists, who always fail at trying it (even at gunpoint).

Look at churches. Almost every single Christian (Asian, black, Hispanic, white.....) attends a church where more than 80% of the attendees are the same race.

When it comes to voluntarily choosing a church, there is no forced inequality. This shows us what Nature designs, unlike our marxist workplaces which push and force an unnatural paradigm on mankind via racist programs like affirm action, quotas and other bizarre things that all people choose to avoid in their personal associations.

People are more comfortable around their own race, and there are a million other examples that verify this.

Old 03-10-2009, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
So let me get this straight, African Americans pay no taxes, don't work as missionaries, aren't doctors, nurses or AID's researchers? Or am I missing something?
Not attending to poor Whites or White countries as volunteers. Can you provide an example? Have any seriously rich blacks gone out of their way to specifically help White people, and do so on a racial basis? It's not even close to how many whites have deliberately and consciously helped the black races all over the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
As for the ANC and Mugabe, et.al, well that's just a stupid comment and we'll leave it at that.
It is not a stupid comment. The ANC and Mugabe's record is all there to examine, just as the record of White America over the last 40 years is there to examine (affirm action, Pell grants, subsisized housing, trillions spent, etc).

Now let us examine the record of Black America over the same 40 years. (Hint: economic costs, racial crime against whites)

The conversation will never occur in the media or academia in earnest however, because the "dailogue" that Obama and Eric Holder really want is only a one-sided litany of complaints and anti-white racist rants.

Buchanan is so right, as he always is. He's the most honest pundit our country has.

Old 03-10-2009, 04:40 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
This message is hidden because GayleSt is on your ignore list for being to much like Eeeee.

10 posts full of arrogance was enough for me

Old 03-10-2009, 04:59 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,307,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
As usual, white people always know what's best for us Moderator cut: inappropriate. The fact that we aren't grateful to even be in this country on equal footing with them so blessed by God is an abomination unto itself.

Is that about right?
Coming from a white person all I can say is - whatever you believe Moderator cut: inappropriate!

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z61/BridgetteCollins/Obama_racecard.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by katzenfreund; 03-13-2009 at 11:25 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies