Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 02:22 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,519,931 times

Advertisements

At the time GW Bush took the office of President he was being blamed by the press and Democrats (they're interchangable) for the dot.com bubble burst in the stock market as well as Enron, Global Crossing, Adelphia, and other corporate scandals which were coming to light at that time even though the crimes were committed years before Bush was elected. Didn't matter then that he had just assumed the office of President,...he was president then and so he was to blame for anything that happened at that time. President Obama was elected during an economic downturn. His policies and decisions,...along with his co-conspirators in congress, have helped to make a bad situation worse. Now these same people who constantly blamed Bush in his first few weeks in office are saying how dare you blame Obama because Obama just took office. I don't blame him for the economic down turn that was going on when he took office. I blame him and congress for making it worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 02:54 AM

2,404 posts, read 3,947,417 times
Dude - your misinformation is as comfortable as a kindey stone. You are obviously too young to know school house rocks and how a bill becomes a law. Your comrades, the democrats have controlled the legistative branch for the last two years prior to Obama. At any time, they could have submitted a billed, voted on it and passed it into law to lead us out of this mess. Never happened.

Your conjecture is baseless.

Old 03-19-2009, 03:36 AM

"Dude", I'm not a Democrat and I didn't vote for Obama. Also, I'm 40 years old so yes I do remember School House Rock (not rocks).

Old 03-19-2009, 04:31 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,582,664 times
I remember the Bush regime - and he was not blamed for much (other than stealing the election) his first year in office - he wasn't even blamed for 9/11 - so much for history revisionism...

THat said, anyone who blames Obama for the economic mess we are in is either a blindly-devoted loyal Republican Neocon, or a few short of a six-pack..

Old 03-19-2009, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
I remember the Bush regime - and he was not blamed for much (other than stealing the election) his first year in office - he wasn't even blamed for 9/11 - so much for history revisionism...

THat said, anyone who blames Obama for the economic mess we are in is either a blindly-devoted loyal Republican Neocon, or a few short of a six-pack..
You must have selective memory loss. The press and online pundits were constantly blaming Bush for the corporate scandals, especially Enron. As for 9/11 there are still to this day members of the liberal fringe who blame Bush for 9/11 either for not preventing the attacks or he ordered the attacks carried out.

Old 03-19-2009, 05:09 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,440,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
At the time GW Bush took the office of President he was being blamed by the press and Democrats (they're interchangable) for the dot.com bubble burst in the stock market as well as Enron, Global Crossing, Adelphia, and other corporate scandals which were coming to light at that time even though the crimes were committed years before Bush was elected. Didn't matter then that he had just assumed the office of President,...he was president then and so he was to blame for anything that happened at that time. President Obama was elected during an economic downturn. His policies and decisions,...along with his co-conspirators in congress, have helped to make a bad situation worse. Now these same people who constantly blamed Bush in his first few weeks in office are saying how dare you blame Obama because Obama just took office. I don't blame him for the economic down turn that was going on when he took office. I blame him and congress for making it worse.

I clearly recall the dot.com fiasco being blamed on the excesses of the Clinton years, and rightly so. Bush caught flack for Enron because as governor of Texas, he had uncomfortably close ties to the whole scandal.

There's no valid comparison to our current situation.

Those who try to shift blame for today's economic crisis to Obama and the Democrats are deceiving only themselves.

Old 03-19-2009, 05:15 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,582,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
You must have selective memory loss. The press and online pundits were constantly blaming Bush for the corporate scandals, especially Enron. As for 9/11 there are still to this day members of the liberal fringe who blame Bush for 9/11 either for not preventing the attacks or he ordered the attacks carried out.
ALMOST NO ONE was blaming Bush for 9/11 for at least a few years after it happened!!! You have a very faulty memory...

Yes - he took some heat for Enron - but because Ken Lay was his close friend and buddy.. or maybe you selectively don't remember that either????

Old 03-19-2009, 05:20 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,673,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
I clearly recall the dot.com fiasco being blamed on the excesses of the Clinton years, and rightly so. Bush caught flack for Enron because as governor of Texas, he had uncomfortably close ties to the whole scandal.

There's no valid comparison to our current situation.

Those who try to shift blame for today's economic crisis to Obama and the Democrats are deceiving only themselves.
Don't worry, Mrs. number three in line will solve it with not deporting anyone, can you say cheap labor, give me an amen!

Old 03-19-2009, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
ALMOST NO ONE was blaming Bush for 9/11 for at least a few years after it happened!!! You have a very faulty memory...

Yes - he took some heat for Enron - but because Ken Lay was his close friend and buddy.. or maybe you selectively don't remember that either????
The conspiracy theories about 9/11 and Bush started not long after it happened.
I do remember Ken Lay. What others choose not to remember is the Clinton Administration going to bat for Enron to strong arm foreign contracts with Enron.

Old 03-19-2009, 05:36 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,440,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
Don't worry, Mrs. number three in line will solve it with not deporting anyone, can you say cheap labor, give me an amen!

Cheap labor is exactly why there's been lax enforcement of immigration law for the past eight years. America's corporate masters love having a large pool of sub-minimum wage workers available who can't complain to authorities about horrible working conditions.

During a "Worldwide war on terror", Bush/Cheney left our southern border wide open to illegals, letting them in by the millions. Their presence in the US workforce holds down wages and benefits for the rest of us.

Consider this: if these illegals were granted legal status, then the corporations employing them would have to increase their pay and benefits, wouldn't they?

But you're focusing on Pelosi as the villain in this situation. Why is that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies