Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 04:38 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
You use lies to spew nonsense.. like the one in your post that eludes to the idea the the government is suddenly going to tell you how far you can drive NO.. but what the government will do is set regulations on emissions and fuel efficiency. WE make more fuel efficent cars , we all win. Less consumption of foreign oil, cleaner air and lower fuel costs to actually get where you're going anyway.
As you know - I drive SUV's (and a couple of cars) - large SUV's. I get in the 20's MPG - and that is just fine. I don't need the government dictating that I have to get more MPG - which would result in me not being able to buy my BIG SUV's or Pickups. If I want to buy a BIG car (Maserati! (Don't I wish)) which gets 10MPG or less in town - that is my choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 05:30 PM

1,436 posts, read 3,302,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
As you know - I drive SUV's (and a couple of cars) - large SUV's. I get in the 20's MPG - and that is just fine. I don't need the government dictating that I have to get more MPG - which would result in me not being able to buy my BIG SUV's or Pickups. If I want to buy a BIG car (Maserati! (Don't I wish)) which gets 10MPG or less in town - that is my choice.
It's truly amazing how many people want the Gov to act and put restrictions, mandates & regulations in place on everything and tell everyone how to live their life... Totally ridiculous ! Nothing like being eager and willingly to give up freedom .

Freedom of choice is definitely evolving to be a thing of the past no doubt about it. It won't be long before all those giving away freedom get their wish. Their attitudes will change once something they once enjoyed having a choice on becomes restricted and is no longer a choice for them. But by then it's too late !

Old 03-19-2009, 05:45 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,474,877 times
Quote:
Yeah, and they'll tax you for whatever externalities that occur due to your driving that kind of vehicle. Seems fair to me.

Old 03-19-2009, 05:50 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,013,113 times
Quote:

You can go ahead and drive your irresponsible vehicle GD.. go right ahead.

what I'm talkign about is companies , in the future, making those vehicles more fuel efficient. Why is it one or the other.. why don't you think that a larger SUV can't be fuel efficient

and larger isn't always better.. as the saying goes it is trying to make up of a lack of something else. Not surprised you drive one

Old 03-19-2009, 05:52 PM

Quote:
You can go ahead and drive your irresponsible vehicle GD.. go right ahead.

and larger isn't always better.. as the saying goes it is trying to make up of a lack of something else. Not surprised you drive one
Why are they "irresponsible" TM?

And, I defy you to pull a 10,000 / 12,000 lb trailer with a Prius TM

OBTW - My wife drives them too. Loves them

Old 03-19-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Why are they "irresponsible" TM?

And, I defy you to pull a 10,000 / 12,000 lb trailer with a Prius TM

OBTW - My wife drives them too. Loves them
GD.. If I need to explain it your a lost cause.

You seem to want to arrogantly "flaunt' go right ahead. It just makes you look arrogant.

I'm not saying the technology is there now.. I'm talking about finding technology to make cars more fuel efficient and hybrid in the future

Old 03-19-2009, 06:03 PM

1,436 posts, read 3,302,945 times
Quote:

You seem to want to arrogantly "flaunt' go right ahead. It just makes you look arrogant.

I'm not saying the technology is there now.. I'm talking about finding technology to make cars more fuel efficient and hybrid in the future
WHO is being ARROGANT and FLAUNTING it ???? Did it ever occur to you that maybe that trailer that needs to be pulled is to support ones livelihood . How is that even remotely arrogant ????

Old 03-19-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan_K View Post
WHO is being ARROGANT and FLAUNTING it ???? Did it ever occur to you that maybe that trailer that needs to be pulled is to support ones livelihood . How is that even remotely arrogant ????

I wasn't refering to a trailer.. I was referring to GD's obvious arrogance with his boasting and flaunting of his "SUV".

Let's face it..diesel trucks that haul things cross country obviously wont' be fuel efficient.. nor will someone who drives a larger truck to haul a trailer for their living ...

Did he EVER stop to think about technology being created so he could still drive around in his overcompensating "big" truck and it would be fuel efficient. That was my point.. that simply because we talk about fuel efficient vehicles doesnt' mean SUV's that aren't fuel efficient or hybrid won't or can't exist. I believe their are a few in the works now and some that are out already.

Old 03-19-2009, 06:12 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,067,914 times
Quote:
We'll just tax that behavior, no problem.

Old 03-19-2009, 06:14 PM

Quote:

'Cuse me - I'm not "flaunting" anything as you allege. I am saying that I want the RIGHT - or, to use another word - FREEDOM, to drive what I want. I don't need, nor want, the Government telling me what I can and cannot drive.

And TM: It was YOU who said: You can go ahead and drive your irresponsible vehicle to which I merely asked YOU why, in your opinion, based on YOUR statement, you thought they were "irresponsible".

Then, YOU made the snide remark: as the saying goes it is trying to make up of a lack of something else which I find particularly offensive inasmuch as my wife also drives our SUV's (and carries a gun btw) - and I do not think it is right you try to personally attack my wife TM

Again, I have trailers that need pulling: be they a boat, a flat trailer for hay hauling, a large travel trailer, a horse trailer - so once again, you are speaking, and CONDEMNING without know about what you speak of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies