Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2012, 08:59 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,129,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I'll have some of what he's having.
I haven't hallucinated in decades!

I don't remember most of the 70's because of that....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 09:07 AM

25,856 posts, read 16,555,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Therefore, I am throwing down my gauntlet at your quivering liberal feet. I hereby issue my challenge -- the Limbaugh Challenge: Listen to the show. Not for five minutes but for several hours: an hour a day for several days. Consider what he has to say -- the real policy material under the jokes and teasing bluster. Do what your intellectual keepers do not want you to do and keep an open mind. Ask yourself: What's he getting at? Why does he say the things he says? Why do so many people of goodwill -- like that nice Mr. Klavan -- agree with him?

The mainstream media (a.k.a. the Matrix) don't want you to listen to Limbaugh because they're afraid he'll wake you up and set you free of their worldview. You don't want to listen to him because you're afraid of the same thing.

Don't believe me? Well, then, gird your loins. Gather your courage. Accept the Limbaugh Challenge. See what happens.

I dare you.

Andrew Klavan is a contributing editor to City Journal. His novel for young adults, "The Last Thing I Remember," will be published next month by Thomas Nelson.

I only put a small part of his article here, click on the link to read the full article...
Take the Limbaugh Challenge - Los Angeles Times
You think he's something new? I listened to him in the 80's for a year or so until I realized he's just an uneducated blowhard on the same level as Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell and those other idiot televangelists--except he's on the radio. He appeals to simple minded people who don't really want to think, they just want to hear what they want to hear.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:09 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,168,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
If it was the subject that Rush objected to then he should have simply addressed and commented on THAT, however he didn’t. He attacked the young lady, her parents, and others with his disgusting and inappropriate comments. He’s lost 7 sponsors now and a good number of listeners.

I’ve never enjoyed listening to him and on those rare occasions that I heard him, he literally made me ill with his comments. I simply believe he is a mentally sick individual that has gathered the attention of the far rightwing conservative republicans. I’ve also stopped listening to all the other talkhosts on the local talk radio station because of him; I now enjoy music more than ever before.
I agree with every word! Great post!

It's funny how Rush can call 99% of the women in the US sl!*s and w---es and express a desire to see videos of them having sex and Repugs do not get that he's talking about their mothers, grandmothers(yes, and even great grandmothers!!), daughters, friends, .... how can they hate the people they allegedly love?????

Old 03-05-2012, 09:09 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,849,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
You think he's something new? I listened to him in the 80's for a year or so until I realized he's just an uneducated blowhard on the same level as Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell and those other idiot televangelists--except he's on the radio. He appeals to simple minded people who don't really want to think, they just want to hear what they want to hear.

And be told what they should think.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:10 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,658,979 times
I hope those of you who think this is going to sink him are wrong. We need Limbaugh on the air. He is the face of the modern GOP. The more the American public see of that mug, the more they vote Democrat. I hope he's ranting and raving about BJ Bill and Barry Hussien in 2020 and beyond. He's only going to get older, crazier, fatter and more racist. I'm sure there are plenty of midling companies that will keep him in business -- pawn shops, appliance repair places, work from home schemes, etc.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:12 AM

The scary part of all of this is that there are actually people who are defending Rush and his comments directed at women who practice birth control. Who are these people?

Old 03-05-2012, 09:16 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,574,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Name a Republican who takes cues from Limbaugh.
John Boehner
Michael Steele
Mitch McConnell

I'm Sorry Rush - Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I hope those of you who think this is going to sink him are wrong. We need Limbaugh on the air. He is the face of the modern GOP. The more the American public see of that mug, the more they vote Democrat. I hope he's ranting and raving about BJ Bill and Barry Hussien in 2020 and beyond. He's only going to get older, crazier, fatter and more racist. I'm sure there are plenty of midling companies that will keep him in business -- pawn shops, appliance repair places, work from home schemes, etc.
Right-wingers are afraid of Rush like a bully in the playground.

Quote:
George Will coined Sunday's best phrase when he pointed out Republicans leaders "want to bomb Iran, but they're afraid of Rush Limbaugh."
Limbaugh And The Right-Wing Nervous Breakdown | Media Matters for America

23,416 posts, read 37,034,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The scary part of all of this is that there are actually people who are defending Rush and his comments directed at women who practice birth control. Who are these people?
Nobody I want to know.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:17 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,517,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
If it was the subject that Rush objected to then he should have simply addressed and commented on THAT, however he didn’t. He attacked the young lady, her parents, and others with his disgusting and inappropriate comments. He’s lost 7 sponsors now and a good number of listeners.

I’ve never enjoyed listening to him and on those rare occasions that I heard him, he literally made me ill with his comments. I simply believe he is a mentally sick individual that has gathered the attention of the far rightwing conservative republicans. I’ve also stopped listening to all the other talkhosts on the local talk radio station because of him; I now enjoy music more than ever before.
Limbaugh's comments might be the best thing ever to happen to Fluke. She was an unknown 30-year-old law student with an audience of dozens. Her testimony would be a non-story. Now she's a cause celebre, on tv, a Barack Buddy, a victim of the right, an audience of millions. All because Limbaugh called her a nasty word.

She should thank Limbaugh for the help he gave her and the causes she supports. [Bet privately she has thanked him and is laughing at how he inadvertently helped her.]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies