Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 05:43 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,713,713 times

Advertisements

I see that many posters lately claim that their favorite comedian/satirist really cares about Americans, but I would argue that John Stosell is the true patriot as he truly goes after any crook and/or hypocrite, regardless of their political inclinations. Tonight he will adress Ms. Ehrlichson and her book that's almost become left wing indoctrination amongst the liberal elite and academia. Please try and watch this with as much objectivity as possible and coment afterwards. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2009, 06:35 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
I see that many posters lately claim that their favorite comedian/satirist really cares about Americans, but I would argue that John Stosell is the true patriot as he truly goes after any crook and/or hypocrite, regardless of their political inclinations. Tonight he will adress Ms. Ehrlichson and her book that's almost become left wing indoctrination amongst the liberal elite and academia. Please try and watch this with as much objectivity as possible and coment afterwards. Thanks
Stossel used to be liberal now he's conservative. You ask us to practice objectivity but it won't be any good since Stossel won't be using any. You've already told us he's going to oppose something you describe as left-wing indoctrination...

He is no patriot. He is a television spokesmodel for whatever network hires him. He will do whatever it takes to keep his job. He may be presenting the investigation but I doubt very much that he initiated it or even wrote the script. 99% of whatever is presented on television is filtered through many lines of editing before it reaches our eyes.

Sorry, for these reasons he cannot be used as a resource for the truth.

Old 03-13-2009, 06:46 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
uh...Ehrenreich?

Have you ever read Nickel and Dimed? Do you even know what it is?

Is she going to be on his show, or doesnt he have the nerve to talk with her personally?

Funny, I already know the answers to all these questions.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:24 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,012,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
uh...Ehrenreich?

Have you ever read Nickel and Dimed? Do you even know what it is?

Is she going to be on his show, or doesnt he have the nerve to talk with her personally?

Funny, I already know the answers to all these questions.

Now, that IS funny!
I may just watch it for sh*ts and giggles....John Stossel is merely a decade or so behind Geraldo Rivera in career projection

....and look out Nancy Grace! John Stossel is gonna come up and out crazy- stare you real soon too!

Old 03-13-2009, 07:32 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,851,443 times
John Stossel is a lying sack, as five minutes of searching would turn up for anyone with the intellectual curiousity to want to know the truth. I won't be watching but I'm sure through judicious editing and outright lying he'll get the story to match his preconceived notions.

golfgod

Old 03-13-2009, 07:46 PM

26,218 posts, read 49,060,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
John Stossel is a lying sack, as five minutes of searching would turn up for anyone with the intellectual curiousity to want to know the truth. I won't be watching but I'm sure through judicious editing and outright lying he'll get the story to match his preconceived notions.

golfgod
No need to watch the show, the gist of her book (published in 2001) is found on Wikipedia.

People can discuss it if they want, I'll pass on that as I have no intention of helping to write anyone's term paper, sermon, or sunday school homework for them. I'll wait for the OP to issue his thesis after he watches it. Fat chance.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:47 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,462,916 times
How is Stossel going to "debunk" the wage rate at Wal-Mart? It is what it is.

How is Stossel going to "debunk" the smorgasbord of benefits available to Wal-Mart employees and under what conditions is an employee eligible to receive them? It is what it is.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
How is Stossel going to "debunk" the wage rate at Wal-Mart? It is what it is.

How is Stossel going to "debunk" the smorgasbord of benefits available to Wal-Mart employees and under what conditions is an employee eligible to receive them? It is what it is.
Yep. Minimum wage. No bennies. Nothing. Oh yeah, look out middle class, here we come! Enroll the kids in Harvard!

Old 03-13-2009, 08:01 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,952,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Yep. Minimum wage. No bennies. Nothing. Oh yeah, look out middle class, here we come! Enroll the kids in Harvard!

Can you please fill me in just WHY someone working at Wal-Mart in a non-managerial position should get benefits?

Gimme a friggin' break. What next, should all the fry guys at McDonald's get bennies too?

Old 03-13-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Can you please fill me in just WHY someone working at Wal-Mart in a non-managerial position should get benefits?

Gimme a friggin' break. What next, should all the fry guys at McDonald's get bennies too?
Why yes, and thanks for suggesting it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies