Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 07:53 PM

23,864 posts, read 24,108,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Let's see.

Supporters of GW - scientists and knowledgeable policy makers

Claimers of Hoax - right-wing pundits and wingnuts with blogs

That's kind of strange. I wonder who I should believe.
How about a co-founder of Greenpeace? Would you believe him?

I have a very eye-opening video that I yanked from Youtube. I'll see if I can find the original online location for it and post the link. It's already somewhere in these forums though, as that's where I originally came across it. If I can't find it, I might repost it myself.

One of the most interesting points made is that when people discuss the famous "hockey stick" graph that is supposed to be the smoking gun in this debate, they leave out one very important fact - the rise in CO2 follows the increase in temperature, not the other way around...

I'll try and dig up the link.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 08:06 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:
Let's see.

Yea, its a tough choice. I know that Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh are all scientific experts.

Who you gonna believe, these three or your lying eyes?

Old 03-31-2009, 08:20 PM

9,890 posts, read 10,822,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
Well you notice that it's more often referred to as climate change now, instead of global warming. Every time Al The god of hell fire Gore would schedule a (global warming) conference it would get canceled because of snow! Seems as though old mother nature was trying to the big stump sumthin! So Climate Change it is, now no matter what the weather does anywhere in the world in any Season big Als' got the answer. I for one, was really kind of hoping that global warming would kick in, I am damn tired of snow in march and april in western washington!

Old 04-01-2009, 02:59 AM

3,283 posts, read 5,207,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Thats false. Global warming is changing ecosystems at every level, from the microscopic to the readily observed, like disappearing glaciers, weather extremes and warmer temps.

Only fools live in denial, the question is: Why?

Because they have weak minds, and allow corporate spinners to easily influence these weak minds by making a scientific argument into a political one. A political argument is easily won when dealing with a rightwing mindset.

Americans consume more than anyone on earth. America pollutes more than any nation on earth. And as far as industrialized countries go, Americans are dumber than anyone else in the industrialized world.

odanny, the only entities that will come out of this carbon capping smelling of roses are the very corporations you despise so much. if there is a problem, then why does the govt continue to fund oil exploration, continue to subsidise coal and oil and why oh why are all the left wing govts (supposed stewards of the environment) throwing hammer and tongs to drive economic growth through consumption? please explain to me why this is happening?

Old 04-01-2009, 03:02 AM

3,283 posts, read 5,207,186 times
Quote:
Let's see.

who should you believe? from a distance it seems to me as though you believe the ones who warned you about y2k!

Old 04-01-2009, 03:40 AM

1,030 posts, read 1,453,471 times
Quote:
Thats false. Global warming is changing ecosystems at every level, from the microscopic to the readily observed, like disappearing glaciers, weather extremes and warmer temps.

Because they have weak minds, and allow corporate spinners to easily influence these weak minds by making a scientific argument into a political one. A political argument is easily won when dealing with a rightwing mindset.

Americans consume more than anyone on earth. America pollutes more than any nation on earth. And as far as industrialized countries go, Americans are dumber than anyone else in the industrialized world.
So who then Mr. Expert, caused the previous warming and cooling cycles before all these evil fossil fuels started destroying the earth?
And as far as polluters go, I would say China is much worse than the US.
Don't believe everything your buddy Gore tells you.

Old 04-01-2009, 03:41 AM

1,030 posts, read 1,453,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

I have a very eye-opening video that I yanked from Youtube. I'll see if I can find the original online location for it and post the link. It's already somewhere in these forums though, as that's where I originally came across it. If I can't find it, I might repost it myself.

One of the most interesting points made is that when people discuss the famous "hockey stick" graph that is supposed to be the smoking gun in this debate, they leave out one very important fact - the rise in CO2 follows the increase in temperature, not the other way around...

it's amazing the Earth hasn't had a warming year since 1999, yet CO2 is still rising. But if you look at Solar activity...

Old 04-01-2009, 03:48 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:

I'll say! Some of us believe everything we hear on MSNBC.

Dr. Syun Akasofu on IPCC’s forecast accuracy « Watts Up With That?

Old 04-01-2009, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
So, which caveman's fire ended the glaciation of the Ice Age 10,000 years ago?

Was it Grog's? Was it Krog's? Was it Znog's? Was it Shmog's?

I think it must have been Shmog's.
LOL!

Old 04-01-2009, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

I got it right here.

Garage TV - The Great Global Warming Swindle - Documentary Film | video filmpjes | kyoto, swindel, global, warming, co2, greenhouse, broeikaseffect, verkiezingen, klimaat, opwarming
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies