Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2009, 08:58 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
I took the oath, you didn't. Back up and let me do my job.
We would appreciate that and thanks for doing it. Problem is you can't be everywhere all the time or one of your fellow LEO would have stopped the gunman from killing all those people.

So since a LEO wasn't there to protect the people, how about we assume some of the responsibility of defending ourselves ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 09:00 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,477,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I did too, just mine was military.
if you took the oath, then you wanting to defile the 2nd Amendment just tells me you dont give a damn about the oath you took.

the military for the most part has always taken its responsibility to protect and defend the Constitution more seriously than any civilian has.

and your statements you made just goes to prove my point.

go stand behind your blue wall, you shall not get any support from me.
I don't want the support of a lunatic. You need all the support you can get psychologically that is.

Old 04-04-2009, 09:00 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:
Cops already go through all the things I listed and much more. Using arms isn't a privledge. Ask Plaxico Buress. He shot himself thinking he was capable to carry in public when he wasn't and look how that's turning out. Were lucky he didn't shoot somebody else.

Dude, I wouldn't trust a monkey to be a quarterback and wouldn't trust an unvetted citizen to be trolling around with a gun believing their John Rambo like you.

I would not trust a cop like you to protect my child in her school, especially since you dont think constitutional rights dont belong to people.

please do me a favor and go back and follow your local politicians edicts.

cops like this is what is leading the USA into a police state.

Old 04-04-2009, 09:01 PM

Quote:
I don't want the support of a lunatic. You need all the support you can get psychologically that is.

strange, i was thiniking the same for you, and I go through the test quite often, as I carry everyday at work.

it is required.

Old 04-04-2009, 09:03 PM

Quote:

thats right, cops think that all people wanting to keep and bear arms are lunitics, as proven by the missouri state police.

welcome to the police state.

Old 04-04-2009, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
We would appreciate that and thanks for doing it. Problem is you can't be everywhere all the time or one of your fellow LEO would have stopped the gunman from killing all those people.

So since a LEO wasn't there to protect the people, how about we assume some of the responsibility of defending ourselves ?
How about you don't..How well have vigilante's worked in the past? Not very well. If we actually lived in a chaotic wild wild west type of society than maybe but we don't. I don't want grandma Cleaver drawing her old two shot because somebody's music is too loud. I truly don't want that kind of society. Nobody can stop everything or be everywhere. That's something we just have to live with like car accidents and plane crashes but to put guns and authority in every citizens hands is pure craziness.

Old 04-04-2009, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
thats right, cops think that all people wanting to keep and bear arms are lunitics, as proven by the missouri state police.

welcome to the police state.
You're a lunatic because you throw around "police state"..Nobody's coming through your door or mandating you do anything. You really need help.

Old 04-04-2009, 09:12 PM

Quote:
How about you don't..How well have vigilante's worked in the past? Not very well. If we actually lived in a chaotic wild wild west type of society than maybe but we don't. I don't want grandma Cleaver drawing her old two shot because somebody's music is too loud. I truly don't want that kind of society. Nobody can stop everything or be everywhere. That's something we just have to live with like car accidents and plane crashes but to put guns and authority in every citizens hands is pure craziness.
So you'd prefer I don't have the ability to defend myself or my family.
I don't understand guys like you. You can't defend me adequately so I think I'll tackle part of the job.

Any man worth his salt would grant a person the ability of self defense.

BTW if Grandma Cleaver is getting raped, I'd like her to pull her gun & blow the crap out of the guy.

Old 04-04-2009, 09:14 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,460,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
So you'd prefer I don't have the ability to defend myself or my family.
I don't understand guys like you. You can't defend me adequately so I think I'll tackle part of the job.

Any man worth his salt would grant a person the ability of self defense.

Protect your family from what? Sometimes the "threat" is only in the eye of the beholder (psychiatric problems), then what is society supposed to do? Right now, America is carrying out the social experiment of erring on the side of the paranoid.

And there's news tonight of yet another multi-child murder in Graham, Washington, perhaps by their own father.

Last edited by ParkTwain; 04-04-2009 at 09:43 PM..

Old 04-04-2009, 09:19 PM

You got to be kidding right ? How about someone kicking in your front door at 11 pm at night or any of the other acts thousands of criminals do everyday?

These are not percieved threats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies