Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2009, 09:21 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,478,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
So you'd prefer I don't have the ability to defend myself or my family.
I don't understand guys like you. You can't defend me adequately so I think I'll tackle part of the job.

Any man worth his salt would grant a person the ability of self defense.

BTW if Grandma Cleaver is getting raped, I'd like her to pull her gun & blow the crap out of the guy.
Why the paranoia? Again this aint the movies. If someone is appauling enough to attack grandma, they deserve to be shot but the most likely senerio of her pulling a gun would be her getting killed with it. I've never advocated taking away your right to defend yourself unless you don't meet certain requirements. If you don't, to bad, go buy some pepper spray.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 09:24 PM

Quote:
You got to be kidding right ? How about someone kicking in your front door at 11 pm at night or any of the other acts thousands of criminals do everyday?

These are not percieved threats.
Really? How often has that happened in your community? Crime is problem but folks like yourself appear delusionally paranoid. Nobody can protect against everything. If you try, you end up uh....paranoid.

Old 04-04-2009, 09:33 PM

Default This is what paranoia can do!

Police: 3 officers killed in Pa. shooting - Crime & courts- msnbc.com

Old 04-04-2009, 09:35 PM

472 posts, read 740,775 times
Quote:
You got to be kidding right ? How about someone kicking in your front door at 11 pm at night or any of the other acts thousands of criminals do everyday?

These are not percieved threats.
Aw, come on, you know that no one is going to kick in your door in the middle of the night, or do an armed robbery on you in a car wash, or take your car at gun point in a mall parking lot. That never happens to real people, and if it did, a cop would be there in ten minutes to take care of getting you to the hospital or morgue.

Old 04-04-2009, 09:36 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
For the record, I'm a well trained law enforcement officer.
Big whoop. Frankly, I'm not even sure that I believe you. Most LEOs are much more level headed than you appear to be.

Quote:
Also, let me clue you into something..I could care less if my position is in the minority.
It is. Not just among "regular citizens", but among law enforcement, as well. You should care about the opinions of other LEOs - they have the same training you do, and if the majority of them approve of an armed citizenry, then maybe it's time you reconsidered your opinion.

Quote:
The only thing this proves is that weapons are very difficult to deal with.
What kind of crap is this? What utter BS. That video proves no such thing. What it proves is that LEOs are people, too, and just as prone to making mistakes as any other citizen, and that one should always visually inspect the chamber every time they pick up a gun, something this "well trained LEO" obviously didn't do.

Quote:
Just clearing a weapon takes a certain level of skill.
OMG you're full of yourself. Did you just graduate from boot camp or something? You have an arrogance that most seasoned LEOs left behind long ago.

I wish you luck in your career, if you're actually even telling the truth about it.

Old 04-04-2009, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Big whoop. Frankly, I'm not even sure that I believe you. Most LEOs are much more level headed than you appear to be.

It is. Not just among "regular citizens", but among law enforcement, as well. You should care about the opinions of other LEOs - they have the same training you do, and if the majority of them approve of an armed citizenry, then maybe it's time you reconsidered your opinion.

What kind of crap is this? What utter BS. That video proves no such thing. What it proves is that LEOs are people, too, and just as prone to making mistakes as any other citizen, and that one should always visually inspect the chamber every time they pick up a gun, something this "well trained LEO" obviously didn't do.

OMG you're full of yourself. Did you just graduate from boot camp or something? You have an arrogance that most seasoned LEOs left behind long ago.

I wish you luck in your career, if you're actually even telling the truth about it.
Your moniker says it all and you call me full of myself. You've said a bunch of nothing. I'm very level headed, you and your ilk are the paranoid nuts. Nobody is taking your guns and the government isn't getting overthrown. If I was going to lie about my occupation, I would've done it a long time ago. After watching 7 cops die this week from gun fire and continually hearing nuts like yourself advocating any and everybody carrying I figured I'd put it out there. You're most certainly a coward with a ridiculous gun fascination.

Old 04-04-2009, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedsnake View Post
Aw, come on, you know that no one is going to kick in your door in the middle of the night, or do an armed robbery on you in a car wash, or take your car at gun point in a mall parking lot. That never happens to real people, and if it did, a cop would be there in ten minutes to take care of getting you to the hospital or morgue.
More paranoia..How many times has any of the above happened to you and what would a gun do to stop a suprise attack. Nothing..Ask the families of those officers in Pittsburgh.

Old 04-04-2009, 09:55 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Really? How often has that happened in your community? Crime is problem but folks like yourself appear delusionally paranoid. Nobody can protect against everything. If you try, you end up uh....paranoid.
Tank, I realize you probably think Dallas is a small town with very little crime but every now and then bad stuff happens and it is real. This ain't Disneyland we live in and I am far from paranoid.

I'm like swagger, your posts reveal you are not a true LEO. I have yet to meet a cop who didn't uphold the right of self defense.

Old 04-04-2009, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Tank, I realize you probably think Dallas is a small town with very little crime but every now and then bad stuff happens and it is real. This ain't Disneyland we live in and I am far from paranoid.

I'm like swagger, your posts reveal you are not a true LEO. I have yet to meet a cop who didn't uphold the right of self defense.
WTF are you talking about?? When have I said that you shouldn't defend yourself? Show me the post or I'll simply take it that you're a loon. There's no way for anybody to prove what they are on the internet so take it or leave it. Everything that "happens" doesn't mandate an armed response. What I've seen is that armed citizens get a little more bold when carrying. They poke out their chest a little and talk differently to people they would normally walk away from. By all means, defend yourself but leave the defense of the public to those who are paid to do it. Again, I favor restrictions not a ban. It's funny, much of the right wants more government when it comes to gays, abortion, immigration etc. but less government when it comes to guns. I don't get it.

The truth is liberating.....

Old 04-04-2009, 10:04 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,617,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
And he obviously loves new immigrants as well!

If you watched the news conference held by the Binghamton mayor, you heard the governor of New York decry the trend of recent mass shootings.

Gunman barricaded back door before rampage, police say - CNN.com

I'm not going to be surprised to see some state, maybe even New York, start to float a psychological test requirement for certain gun permits.

Our freedoms are based on the assumption that persons have a certain degree of self-control. When that belief among the public, or the presumption itself, comes into question, don't be surprised to see public support for the freedom to carry lethal weapons for no realistic purpose coming under increasing criticism.
We are in desperate need of controls on gun ownership.

It is very evident that way too many psychos have their finger on the trigger...

I don't care if they are inspired towards violence by the Limbaughs and Hannity's of the world - the public needs protection from them...

There should be strict controls on the types of weapons that can be bought... any automatic weapon should be declared unlawful as a first step.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies