Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 08:41 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
seems to me you are the one being intolerant. Or just stubborn, failing to see the real issue. . . my last atttempt. . . let them "live and let live". just not at a protest on the job site with our children. . . .
You do understand it is THE KIDS doing the protesting not the teachers right? High School and college kids. I am intolerant of people that dont have all the facts and make it out to be some horrible thing, which it is not.

Old 03-30-2007, 12:46 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,203,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsu99 View Post
As a parent, I wouldn't see any reason to keep my child at home, but I would expect my child's teacher to act as though it was a normal day. Lesson plans shouldn't be compromised in any way.
I'm gay myself and I agree.

Old 03-30-2007, 05:11 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,215,139 times
Quote:
Everyone has the right to protest however if a faculty member is hired to do a job and this "protest" interfers with their job they should immediately be released. How presumptious of them to think they can just in all effect stop working. I would not keep my children home, I would send them and make sure I observe business as usual going on in the classroom.

I believe in another thread just yesterday, a poster disagreed with me when I stated there are millitant homosexuals. This protest just goes to prove the point.
I agree. There is a bible club at my son's school and a teacher takes time out of her day to promote it. Let's stick to educating our students in school, not recruiting them.

Old 03-30-2007, 06:04 PM

860 posts, read 1,338,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Exactly!! The most that will happen is you may find out your closest friend is gay!!!
And not everyone who participates is gay. I participated throughout high school and I'm straight. If I can tolerate the lady on the street with the sign saying "Only Roman Catholics go to Heaven" then I think everyone else should tolerate those with different sexual preferences.

Old 03-30-2007, 06:09 PM

860 posts, read 1,338,252 times
Quote:
Everyone has the right to protest however if a faculty member is hired to do a job and this "protest" interfers with their job they should immediately be released. How presumptious of them to think they can just in all effect stop working. I would not keep my children home, I would send them and make sure I observe business as usual going on in the classroom.

I believe in another thread just yesterday, a poster disagreed with me when I stated there are millitant homosexuals. This protest just goes to prove the point.
The DOS does not advocate disrupting the lesson plans of the day. This is how it works: those participating sign up a few weeks before or are part of a club relating to the topic. Then, before classes, everyone gathers and gets a rainbow fabric pin to put on their shirts (usually you wear all black). You also receive a card which explains what you are doing, i.e. I am being silent to support those who can not speak, etc. Then, basically, you go about your normal day, going to class, etc. In no way does the DOS interfere with the school day. The hardest part is remembering not to speak! I'm a big talker and believe me, conversations sound so much more interesting when you can't participate... But it's for a great cause.

Old 03-30-2007, 06:31 PM

3,049 posts, read 8,908,907 times
I sure will do that, thanks

Old 03-30-2007, 08:09 PM

1,233 posts, read 3,435,009 times
Politics, religion, sexual preference or sin, whatever you think it is, does not belong in school, only learning bout history, writing and math should be taught, not hating someone cause they are gay and calling peopel bigots cause their beliefs teach its wrong, its ok for everyone to feel differently bout it, its hateful, nor is it wrong to be gay either if you believe its not, but remember some believe it is, so lets all let it go and get on with learning and keep these issues out of the school system!

Old 03-30-2007, 09:45 PM

yes, thank you native, thats the way i feel--thats why i do not support the public schools, but i sure do not stop others for supporting it.

Old 03-30-2007, 09:53 PM

1,233 posts, read 3,435,009 times
Yup...they usually lean towards calling people bigots and I also feel that is wrong too but it seems our schools just can't stick to the basics anymore, they have to get that brainwashing in somewhere, and that is just as wrong as calling people names who love someone who happens to be the same sex and yet you never hear ANYONE point that out, do you? And god forbid if they do, anyhow...lets keep sex and religions out of the school, once and for all or else we open up doorways we may never be able to shut again.

Old 03-30-2007, 10:08 PM

thats why i truly believe in defunding public education, letting those who utilize it pay for it from their taxes and others paying for their own education--homeschooling, free schooling, christian schools, jewish schools, etc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies