Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 12:44 AM

799 posts, read 1,445,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
No argument from me.
The main difference between the way the US and Europeans "fight" terrorism, is at the Europeans do it, but do so rather quietly.
The US is all bluster. I couldn't trust much from the US.
How may times have we killed the Al Queda No. 2 person?

I don't think the military even knows the answer to that. They may have accidently killed the second in command a few times. It's like we are playing a never ending game of whack-a-mole. One goes down and another pops up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 01:05 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,847,521 times
The UK has been fighting terrorism since before the USA was created.
The UK is fighting side by side with the USA all around the Globe.
Yet there are many countries who back down from fighting terrorism.... for their own gain.
Please do NOT put the UK in the same category as the "spineless" countries who bail out at the first sign of trouble.
Brit's have NEVER backed away from a fight and NEVER will. Iraq would have been a different story if there had been no experienced UK forces there.
The USA is Bitain's closest Allie and visa versa. Don't let the " too clever" article writers destroy that.

Old 04-24-2009, 01:13 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
The UK has been fighting terrorism since before the USA was created.
The UK is fighting side by side with the USA all around the Globe.
Yet there are many countries who back down from fighting terrorism.... for their own gain.
Please do NOT put the UK in the same category as the "spineless" countries who bail out at the first sign of trouble.
Brit's have NEVER backed away from a fight and NEVER will. Iraq would have been a different story if there had been no experienced UK forces there.
The USA is Bitain's closest Allie and visa versa. Don't let the " too clever" article writers destroy that.
I guess you know all about the intelligence of these countries that you claim are "spineless" countries who bail out at the first sign of trouble.
Your perception probably has nothing to do with reality.

Old 04-24-2009, 01:21 AM

2,404 posts, read 3,948,874 times
Quote:
The UK has been fighting terrorism since before the USA was created.The UK is fighting side by side with the USA all around the Globe.
Amen brother. So you know. There's a special place in our hearts for you guys. I saw the queues for the voting that just occured in South Africa. That is the legacy of the UK, the spread of liberty and self determination, the Common Wealth States. God Bless the Queen and my British, Scotish, Welsh, Irish friends.

Old 04-24-2009, 01:32 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,847,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I guess you know all about the intelligence of these countries that you claim are "spineless" countries who bail out at the first sign of trouble.
Your perception probably has nothing to do with reality.
I can only go by a countries actions.
Pulling troops out of a conflict because you are attacked and threatened at home is the action of a coward. Why go into a conflict if you are going to Fold at the first Hurdle.
My "perception" is formed by the facts that are shown not just percieved.
Bombs were let off in London and the UK. The British troops are still fighting side by side with he USA. Doesn't that FACT tell you somthing!!!!!

Old 04-24-2009, 01:44 AM

2,404 posts, read 3,948,874 times
Default Just to Remind Spain of their Cowardly Act

Quote:
Pulling troops out of a conflict because you are attacked and threatened at home is the action of a coward.
Like the Spaniards did.

Last edited by mossomo; 04-24-2009 at 02:04 AM..

Old 04-24-2009, 05:10 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,829,447 times
Lets get back to the premise. Buchanan lays out a valid point that NATO and our allies are unwilling to step up action in Afghansitan when we need it most.

The majority of the replies are bull****, sharia this in europe sharia that...

In reality, who gives a ****? What our concern should be right now is the fact that we have been putting all of our resources after 2003 into Iraq and have created a power vacuum that is now setting up a situation were the Taliban may overtake Pakistan (a country with Nukes) within the next month. Who gives a **** who was on my side last Tuesday or in 2004? What matters is who is going to be with us know and who will help us stop the possiblity of a terrorist run Pakistan. Take the partisan blinders off for a weekend and help the rest of us who aren't as stupid as you are.

Old 04-24-2009, 03:49 PM

84 posts, read 320,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweden View Post
Oh, I think you hit the nail here...
Tusen takk ;D

Old 04-24-2009, 04:13 PM

37,977 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
There has to be a reason why they won't fight any more and I think I have found most of the answer. I don't always agree with Buchanan but this time I agree 100% about that question. There is too much truth in this piece for us to ignore it, except for a few of us.

Why Europe Won't Fight - HUMAN EVENTS
They are limp wristed, the JarJar Binks "Me give up" pansies of the world, and much too busy planing their leisure time after a brutal 30 hour work week of guaranteed employment "or we will take our employers hostage".

Old 04-24-2009, 04:14 PM

37,977 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caution View Post
This is so true. We are in the middle east because Europe needs us there and we all need the fossil fuel. When and if SWA ever gets out of the 6th century, we'll be off to Africa. Take that to the bank. We're still cleaning up the old colonies.
Ummm, can we let Africa take care of Africa?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies