Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 01:28 AM

4,906 posts, read 6,848,248 times

Advertisements

Hilarious that a conservative wants to lecture anyone on how the government pays its bills. How about another taqxcut for the rich shorebaby??? RW's are pathetic..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 01:31 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Hilarious that a conservative wants to lecture anyone on how the government pays its bills. How about another taqxcut for the rich shorebaby??? RW's are pathetic..
Huh? LA which part do you take issue with, the fact we are printing money to buy our own treasuries? The part where we have a deficit in the 1st 3 months of the Obama administration that is greater than every previous administration combined. The fact that we are dependent on China for credit. The fact that the ability to tax is finite. Do you wish to engage on the issues or call names?

Old 04-14-2009, 01:35 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
My goodness you are clueless. Here are the facts.

Zero Hedge: Fed To Buy Treasuries It Prints To Fund US Deficit

Of course the money would run out. Do you think taxes are like a water faucet turn it and money rains out. There comes a point where you tax so high you stop economic activity. What then? Confiscate all wealth, ok... what then. It looks like it might be drying up already!

FEATURE-More Americans wary of U.S. tax man this year | Markets | Markets News | Reuters

The fed buys it's own treasuries guess how it prints the money!

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/19/bu...omy/19fed.html

Who is buying our treasuries?? The Chinese, so we are at the mercy of the Chinese if they don't buy we are screwed. They get to call the tune don't they?

Why investors fear a Chinese US Treasury dump - MoneyWeek

You have a steep learning curve my friend,
Every one of your links confirmed by statement....We really are not printing money.....but We really are borrowing money......Nobody has stopped buying our treasury notes....LOL

Good lord you're having paranoid delusions!

Old 04-14-2009, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Huh?
Typical teabagger has stayed silent while republicans have put us more than 10 trillion in the hole and now ant to protest because its a democrat creating large defecitis??? You conservatives are nothing more than laughing stocks.. no one takes you serious other than yourselfs.

Old 04-14-2009, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Every one of your links confirmed by statement....We really are not printing money.....but We really are borrowing money......Nobody has stopped buying our treasury notes....LOL

Good lord you're having paranoid delusions!
Um I know you are kidding.

Look at the Times link 2nd paragraph first sentence "amounts to creating money out of thin air", that means they are printing it! I am not going to read every link for you. Hopefully others will read the links and conclude that either, you didn't read the links, can't understand the articles or are purposely misleading.

I really do fear for the country when I see this kind of thing. I would assume that people on the net involved in this kind of near dialogue are perhaps smarter than average, that means there are a lot of people out there that know less than many people on this forum. Scary.

Old 04-14-2009, 01:46 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,210,102 times
Quote:
Huh? LA which part do you take issue with, the fact we are printing money to buy our own treasuries? The part where we have a deficit in the 1st 3 months of the Obama administration that is greater than every previous administration combined. The fact that we are dependent on China for credit. The fact that the ability to tax is finite. Do you wish to engage on the issues or call names?
Sorry, you are a little late about preaching to us about Fiscal Responsibility. What did you do, all of a sudden find Religion..

Old 04-14-2009, 01:48 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsmoove View Post
50% of working Americans don't pay taxes? Can you send me some stats/links to back this up?
No links but one statistic I'm aware of is Exxon paid more in income taxes in 2007 than the bottom 50% tax returns combined.

Old 04-14-2009, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Sorry, you are a little late about preaching to us about Fiscal Responsibility. What did you do, all of a sudden find Religion..
Hey Duke, I will make the same deal with you, any time you wish to engage on the issues I am here. But I will no longer engage with people who don't want an honest dialogue, or people who won't read links or can't understand them. It is tedious. And enough of the silly, meaningless posts like the last one.

Old 04-14-2009, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
These guys think they have any credibility after they ahve been cheerleaders to the tax cuts for the rich that have been the greatest contributors to these huge defecits. I'm glad the the public is laughing at these guys..

Old 04-14-2009, 01:55 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Hey Duke, I will make the same deal with you, any time you wish to engage on the issues I am here. But I will no longer engage with people who don't want an honest dialogue, or people who won't read links or can't understand them. It is tedious. And enough of the silly, meaningless posts like the last one.

Honest? You keep lying that we are printing money. Now you've backtracked and are now saying it's "being created out of thin air"....Guess what?

You can't make money out of thin air...We've done two things....lower the Prime rate which increases the money supply....and borrow.

We are not printing money. Period. End of Story. Stop lying!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies