Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2009, 12:17 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
how long will it take for hard right to realize we are all in the same boat and will drown together if the debting does not stop.

It isn't the "hard right" that produced the irresponsible spending of the last several years or the insane spending we have now. GWB did a whole lotta spending to please all the usual customers just like BHO is doing now. Bush lost his political clout in the Iraq war and was politically at the mercy of the left who made political fodder of the war even though most of them voted to authorize it. Reagan never had a conservative republican Congress so we'll never know how effective the reforms of the Republican Revolution would have been with the president not having to be dragged to the alter of smaller government. It did work in the end with Clinton, but only after forcing spending cuts by shutting down the government on two occasions. Bush Jr. saw himself slipping in the polls due to an unpopular war and a weak economy, not to mention an extremely biased MSM. With that stacked against him, He didn't dare fight the big spending Congress. BHO, on the other hand, is an opportunist who has seized on our fears to force feed us the same old tired tax and spend liberalism that has consistently failed ever time it has been tried using the promise of loosely defined change. But now it's pumped up on steroids with unrestrained spending that is far beyond the 400 billion dollar deficits we've experienced before. Trillion dollar deficits are now projected as far as the eye can see and big time taxes right around the corner. Add to that the expected inflation the unrestrained spending of valueless paper money will certainly bring in the coming years, and you have the prescription for a third world economy. What was bad under Bush is off the chart under Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 12:35 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,319,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
It isn't the "hard right" that produced the irresponsible spending of the last several years or the insane spending we have now.
You are delusional. The hard right owns the Republican Party and the Republican party controlled all three branches of government. You can't control everything and then claim nothing is your fault.

Old 05-17-2009, 01:03 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Oh, some people are still just so upset that Obama won. I guess they think they're the smart ones, and that the 65% of Americans who like Obama are all delusional.

Pollster.com: National Favorable Rating: Barack Obama

Old 05-17-2009, 01:59 AM

339 posts, read 707,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Oh, some people are still just so upset that Obama won. I guess they think they're the smart ones, and that the 65% of Americans who like Obama are all delusional.

Pollster.com: National Favorable Rating: Barack Obama
Yep. I think that he will be re-elected no matter what he does. So far...not so good (IMO), and I was truly hoping he would do well (no kidding...no sarcasm). But...maybe I just don't understand the math, the reason he keeps appointing people who are shady and why he said he was going to do all these "things" only to ultimately back out of them. I really don't think it's going to matter though. I personally think he could stand at a podium and pick his nose and his favorability rating would improve. People would talk about how great it is that our president is not afraid to pick his nose in front of everyone and how it shows compassion towards people who inadvertantly pick their nose in public. If a Republican stood there and said, "I love you all" people would talk about how his tone was inappropriate and that there was sarcasm in his voice. All because...they don't like George Bush. It's a special time.

Old 05-17-2009, 05:52 AM

464 posts, read 660,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And he's just said that by July there will be something for healthcare.
Add a few more unsustainable billions to the bone pile.

Idealist is the right word right about now.
Billions? Try trillions. We already have a Federal debt of $11.3 Trillion that is increasing at a rate of $8.2 Billion every single day. And we already have $90.2 Trillion in unfunded liabilities with Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid (Social Security and Medicare Projections: 2008 - Brief Analysis #616) . We are broke. We are barely able to pay the interest on the debt that we have and the debt will very soon explode , if it isn't already, and/or our taxes are going to increase to the point of driving us all into bankruptcy.

Obama is not an Idealist . He is either 1) a madman, 2) a megalomaniac who doesn't care about what he does as long as the crowds adore him, 3) incredibly stupid (which I doubt), or 4) the bought and paid for man of the Corporate Fascists. Take your pick.

Old 05-17-2009, 06:06 AM

464 posts, read 660,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Well, right off the bat it was amended in ten ways, and the system it created was all but reinvented once that 14th Amendment came along. And as scholars will readily tell you, one of the reasons the Constitution has survived so long has been its built-in flexibility. The framers had no intent at all of shackling their descendants in chains of their forefathers' making. They purposely left room for all this misapplication and subversion that you decry.
What they meant to shackle was the Federal Government. And although flexibility was built in through the Amendment process, the basis of the form of Government remains intact but has been continually misapplied and misinterpreted. Especially the 10th Amendment: The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Hmmm. Somehow, the endorsement of the Constitution Party doesn't carry that much weight with me...
Your disapproval is evidence enough of the book's worth.

Last edited by daminos; 05-17-2009 at 06:33 AM..

Old 05-17-2009, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
You are delusional. The hard right owns the Republican Party and the Republican party controlled all three branches of government. You can't control everything and then claim nothing is your fault.
Yep, that last 459 billion dollar deficit was doosey wasn't it?

How's your party doing at controlling the deficits?

Old 05-17-2009, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTD View Post
Yep. I think that he will be re-elected no matter what he does. So far...not so good (IMO), and I was truly hoping he would do well (no kidding...no sarcasm). But...maybe I just don't understand the math, the reason he keeps appointing people who are shady and why he said he was going to do all these "things" only to ultimately back out of them. I really don't think it's going to matter though. I personally think he could stand at a podium and pick his nose and his favor ability rating would improve. People would talk about how great it is that our president is not afraid to pick his nose in front of everyone and how it shows compassion towards people who inadvertently pick their nose in public. If a Republican stood there and said, "I love you all" people would talk about how his tone was inappropriate and that there was sarcasm in his voice. All because...they don't like George Bush. It's a special time.

The numbers have declined since the inauguration because the young voters who were expecting free college tuition and complimentary PS3s have seen the price tag that has just been placed on "hope" and "change". He has a real problem because he needs to pay off his supporters, create enough jobs to make his plan look credible and keep inflation under control. That's not easy to do when we are buying our own new debt with unbacked monopoly money from the Fed. It really is a house of cards since any hint of inflation will cause already skittish international currency traders to dump dollars. When that happens there will likely be a mad rush to get out of dollars world wide since the initial sell-off will only make the inflation problem worse. That should be the next bubble to burst since our expected recovery is based on a lie. These same young people who are too young to remember Carternomics will loose their collective young minds when prices head towards the stratosphere. It could be fun to watch.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:43 AM

8,231 posts, read 17,321,103 times
I think Obama is a nice national symbol, infinitely better than the one who preceeded him (GWB, clown). Is he the power behind the curtain, absolutely not. Those people never change from one administration to another.

If I WERE judging him as what most people think- that's he's a president in the textbook version, I'd be very disappointed as he's gone against nearly every campaign promise he made.

Old 05-17-2009, 09:23 AM

2,007 posts, read 6,832,292 times
Hope fully they will get enough of this guy in alittle less than a year and a half.......................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies